Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#913 2008-09-04 13:12:13

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

redbot

Thanks for the feedback. That ‘done’ is a mistake, now changed.

Have you been able to work around this with rah_section_titles at all?

Steve

#914 2008-09-04 13:40:50

redbot
Plugin Author

net-carver wrote:

Have you been able to work around this with rah_section_titles at all?

Steve,
rah_section_titles works in the sense that it outputs section titles instead of section names in write tab but even in this case section titles are not localized.
Anyway I’ll try to modify it to make it work the way I intended (I’ll let you know if I manage to do it).
Thank you

#915 2008-09-04 14:01:26

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

redbot wrote:

rah_section_titles works in the sense that it outputs section titles instead of section names in write tab but even in this case section titles are not localized.

That’s easily fixed. Edit l10n_base.php and look for …

'events'        => array('list'=>'all'), ),

… somewhere about line 204, and change it to…

'events'        => array('article'=>'all','list'=>'all'), ),

Then rah_section_title should show your localised titles just fine. If it doesn’t, post again and I’ll send you a further mod from my dev code that should do it.

Funny you should post this request just as I was looking at the whole area of localisation in the admin interface :)

Last edited by net-carver (2008-09-04 14:05:54)

Steve

#916 2008-09-04 14:22:39

redbot
Plugin Author

Thank you Steve!!
It works now!

#917 2008-09-04 15:43:14

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

redbot

Glad to hear it.

I was just looking at getting more of the categories/sections localised in the interface earlier today. There are a few problems to overcome that are similar in nature to the section select in the write tab — that being that the control output by Txp core is not using the TItles but the name (this happens in several other content forms with the category select.)

I’m going to need to give the whole area some thought as the solution to this problem will also need to support admin-side plugins.

Steve

#918 2008-09-04 15:59:26

redbot
Plugin Author

net-carver wrote:

…There are a few problems to overcome that are similar in nature to the section select in the write tab — that being that the control output by Txp core is not using the TItles but the name (this happens in several other content forms with the category select.)
I’m going to need to give the whole area some thought as the solution to this problem will also need to support admin-side plugins.

Steve,
Yes I understand it’s not easy.
And frankly I never understood why txp is outputting names instead of titles: this is always been a problem for me (ok not a big problem but an annoying one), with or without the MLP.

#919 2008-09-04 17:26:37

FireFusion

Hi Steve,

thanks for the development release.

Are we any closer to being able to have Chinese traditional and Chinese simplified in the same install? I know there was a URL issue before.

#920 2008-09-04 18:50:48

FireFusion

The development release is awesome btw!

Thanks for listening to so many requests.

#921 2008-09-04 19:02:31

_john_

net-carver wrote:

john, sorry for the late reply. Questions…

1. What permlink mode are you using on your site?
  2. What version of the MLP Pack are you running?
  3. Did you install the l10n.php plugin before the others or later?

Glad to see your reply anyway… Answers…

1. /section/title in both ways
  2. 0.7.650
  3. later (I prefer to respect a “readme-writing-work” :)

#922 2008-09-04 19:36:33

_john_

Steve,

one more thing…

1. Do you know that little bug: content->images->upload images->upload. MLP missing Alt text with lang option. But it appear in edit mode.
  2. Little-bit bigger bug: deleting article through content->articles with MLP installed causes incorrect article deleting.
  3. Is it possible to make search/sort/restrict in content->MLP->articles more power-full, like in content ->articles and/or snippets.

PS: I use MLP ver. 0.7.650. I’m not sure that all that things is actual for latest versions… If it’s so, sorry for disturbing you… :)

#923 2008-09-07 11:16:03

redbot
Plugin Author

Hello Steve,
sorry to bother again but now I realize the hack you suggested here has a tragic side effect: sed_section_fields doesn’t work anymore (it stops hiding fields in “write” tab).
Is there something I could do?
Thank you in any case

#924 2008-09-08 02:18:24

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

FireFusion wrote:

Are we any closer to being able to have Chinese traditional and Chinese simplified in the same install? I know there was a URL issue before.

No closer yet “out of the box”. Actually, there is a way you could do it by assigning different language codes for the two versions but this will give you a few issues when upgrading the Textpattern strings via the admin > preferences > languages tab.

If you can cope with that limitation, post again and I’ll let you know how I think you can do it.

john wrote:

1. Do you know that little bug: content->images->upload images->upload. MLP missing Alt text with lang option. But it appear in edit mode.
2. Little-bit bigger bug: deleting article through content->articles with MLP installed causes incorrect article deleting.
3. Is it possible to make search/sort/restrict in content->MLP->articles more power-full, like in content ->articles and/or snippets.

Re #1 — yes I know.

Re #2 — Ok, I’ve had that reported before and it needs sorting out. Of your three items, this is (to me) the most important.

Re: #3 — that area needs looking into so I’ll take that idea on-board. I won’t be able to make it work the same way though as the articles list is paginated whereas the snippets list isn’t.

As always, my time on this is limited so you’ll need to wait for the features unless you want to take a shot at writing your own version. (All the source code is in the zip file.)

redbot wrote:

sorry to bother again but now I realize the hack you suggested here has a tragic side effect: sed_section_fields doesn’t work anymore (it stops hiding fields in “write” tab). Is there something I could do?

Nope. That’s the way they work together. Best way to deal with this is from our point of view, would be have the core output titles instead of names for these things — however, if that isn’t going to happen then this will need fixing by one of the other pieces of software involved. When I get time I’ll take a look.

Steve

Board footer