Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#889 2008-08-20 14:16:38

MrLongbaugh

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

maniqui

You are absolutely right. I just needed another criteria for filtering articles. Thanks for your statement. I found another way to leave the status as meant.
Thanks for clarifying.

#890 2008-08-21 08:25:29

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Brun

Links.

To do the links that way you will need to edit an existing link form or create a new one (if you write a new one, make sure its type is set to link). For example, I edited the Presentation > Forms > noted form to…

<a href="<txp:link_url/>"><txp:link_description/></a>

And then output my list of links using…

<txp:linklist wraptag="p" form="noted" />

I then used the two description areas highlighted in my earlier post to enter the strings I wanted to appear as the link text.

Canonical Path

I believe you can assert canonical paths with a .htaccees rewrite rule but otherwise I will need a fix to the code. If you want to give it a shot, just edit your plugin’s code from the Admin > Plugins tab. Look for the l10n line and hit the edit button.

Last edited by net-carver (2008-08-21 09:51:46)

Steve

#891 2008-08-21 08:33:55

MrLongbaugh

Problem with cnk_section_tree and MLP.
The names of the sections in the navigation were not translated. The article titles in the navigation were.
Is that a konwn issue? Are these both plugins incompatible.

#892 2008-08-21 10:28:17

Brun
Website

Links are translated. Thank you.

I did not understand about canonical path. Where and what to change in the module?

This is my .htaccess:
————————————
#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

#Options +FollowSymLinks
#Options -Indexes

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On #RewriteBase /relative/web/path/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} !^$ RewriteRule .* – [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
</IfModule>

#php_value register_globals 0

#893 2008-08-21 13:35:32

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

MrLongbaugh

I’m not familiar with that plugin but if it just calls safe_query directly in the DB layer instead of going through one of the other routines then the MLP Pack won’t be involved in translating the returned values.

Brun

Glad the links are fixed. By canonical I mean that the links end with a trailing slash. I’ve never tried using the .htaccess mod_rewrite method myself but I do remember that it can be done that way from inspecting the documentation. As I’ve never done this, I can’t advise you: you’ll need to do your own research and tests.

Steve

#894 2008-08-21 13:40:19

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Maniqui

A long, long, time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away you requested a new l10n_permlink tag. I’m pleased to announce that its now written and will be in the next dev release (Item 40 in the updates.)

Steve

#895 2008-08-21 19:25:24

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Maniqui

Item 41 on the list might interest you too. :)

Steve

#896 2008-08-21 19:58:23

azw

Wow, Steve, you’ve been busy! The list of “Done” items is quite long now. Thanks for all that good work!

#897 2008-08-23 00:47:30

flowman

net-carver wrote:

Did you get any warnings about missing privileges before you got to this point? Also, please could you let us know what version of the mlp pack you are using.

Well, thanks for the answer. I am not continously working on that site project so now I am back with the old problem:
install wizard does not create the language tables in step 8. I am using the 4.0.6 textpattern and MLP 0.7.650.

I have some warnings in the diagnostic screen of txp

Some Textpattern files are out of date: /lib/txplib_db.php

and

Warning: realpath() [function.realpath]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(F:\htdocs\default) is not within the allowed path(s): (F:/htdocs/default/flo;F:/server/PHP/temp/) in F:\htdocs\default\flo\cm\textpattern\include\txp_diag.php on line 134

that is something I dont really understand.

And in the diagnostic some inactive php functions,
escapeshellcmd, proc_nice, ini_restore, proc_close, proc_get_status, proc_terminate, apache_note, apache_setenv, closelog, debugger_off, debugger_on, define_syslog_variables, openlog, syslog, pclose

When I want to clone a article to another specified language then I have a warning, because the languagetables are missing.

A problem occured while loading the plugin: l10n -> User_Warning: Table 'flo.l10n_txp_fr_fr' doesn't exist insert into l10n_txp_fr_fr set `Posted`='2008-07-09 01:12:12', `AuthorID`='flowman', `LastMod`= now(), `LastModID`='flowman', `l10n_lang`='fr-fr', `l10n_group`='19', `Title`='test', `Title_html`='', `Body`='*test*es', `Body_html`='
*test*es ', `Excerpt`='', `Excerpt_html`='', `Image`='', `Category1`='flowman', `Category2`='', `Annotate`='0', `AnnotateInvite`='', `comments_count`='0', `Status`='1', `textile_body`='1', `textile_excerpt`='1', `Section`='flowman', `override_form`='', `Keywords`='', `url_title`='test', `custom_1`='', `custom_2`='#FFF', `custom_3`='', `custom_4`='', `custom_5`='', `custom_6`='', `custom_7`='', `custom_8`='', `custom_9`='', `custom_10`='', `uid`='60a29be8d1cf38e0d45df89851e3f1e6', `feed_time`= now(), `ID`=35 on line 117

But I have no direct permission problems with the mysql server.

All other tables were created correctly exept in step 8 the l10n… language tables.

#898 2008-08-23 11:01:38

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

flowman

1) Out of curiosity, are you using a table prefix on your site? If so, what is it?

2) You wrote…

I have some warnings in the diagnostic screen of txp

Some Textpattern files are out of date: /lib/txplib_db.php

Yes, that file will be out of date as it’s been modified by the MLP Pack. No need to worry about that.

3) You could try this and see if it creates the tables you need…

1. Go to the Content > MLP > Prefs page and remove all the languages except the 1st one from the list of site languages.
  2. Save the page.
  3. Now add 1 additional language and save the page.

That should cause the table for that language to be recreated by the pack. If its successful you could do that for the other languages too.

If not then you need to use phpMyAdmin to clone the textpattern table, renaming it as needed (eg> l10n_txp_fr_fr for a French table. You’d also need to then delete any entries from the l10n_txp_fr_fr table that were not in French.)

Steve

#899 2008-08-29 13:05:49

redbot
Plugin Author

Hello Steve, unluckily I bring not so good news.
I’ve installed your latest development release and I have two problems:
1) The new localized custom fields labels work, but not with glz_custom fields. Do you think in the future it will be possible to make them work toghether?
2) My css doesn’t work anymore. Consider that (as many do) I use an external style sheet file linked in my page form this way:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<txp:site_url />style.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />  

If I examine the page source I can see the page links to http://localhost/mysite/en/style.css, while it should be http://localhost/mysite/style.css (without the “en” part).
I noticed also you have added a few more options in the “MLP > preferences” sub-tab one of which seems to deal with this problem (Exclude these sections/areas from URL re-writes?). I’ve tried changing it but still no css.
That’s all, thank you for any advice.

#900 2008-08-29 13:54:05

redbot
Plugin Author

For your pleasure another bad news, sorry:
The new version seems to mess with file downloads. If I try to download a pdf file (either from the public side or from the “files” tab) I’m lead to a messy page with lots of strange characters starting with:
Notice: ob_clean() [ref.outcontrol]: failed to delete buffer. No buffer to delete. in C:\xampplite\htdocs\mysite\textpattern\publish.php on line 139
Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampplite\htdocs\mysite\textpattern\publish.php:139) in C:\xampplite\htdocs\mysite\textpattern\publish.php on line 141… etc. etc.
I’m sorry but – at least for now – I’ll have to downgrade to the previus working version because I need to finish the site I’m working on in a few days.
Hope these are easy solvable problems. Thanks for your work.

edit
re-reading your post about the mlp-0.8.5dev release I realize you said clearly that this is only a snapshot of your development version and not an “official” release. Anyway I hope my “report” can be useful in some way.

Last edited by redbot (2008-08-29 15:33:36)

Board footer