Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#853 2008-07-19 11:28:42

jano

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

net-carver wrote:

jano

You only need this feature for articles posted with future dates right?

I guess I could alter the clone routine slightly so that articles with future dates clone them verbatim, rather than setting them to now().

Well, most of the times I’d prefer to have always the date cloned, for future and past articles as well. So that the different renditions posting date and time are synced with the default/first language the article is published on. Maybe this should be better set as an user configurable option.

Clone posting date

Additionaly, more control over the cloning process could be achieved offering this restriction: Restrict "Clone posting date" to future dates

Or these could be rewritten more in the MLP style:
Allow article date cloning?
...restrict to future articles only?

I hope this doesn’t add too much bloat to the MLP pack and people find it useful.

Last edited by jano (2008-07-19 11:29:19)

#854 2008-07-19 17:49:12

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

jano

That should be very easy. I’ll try to get it done when I look at redbot’s issue.

Mattia

Looks like you are running in a subdirectory install. Unfortunately the MLP Pack doesn’t handle this situation and that could be leading to the problems you posted about.

This really isn’t the right thread to talk about setting up txp in it’s own virtual host on apache but it should be pretty easy as I see you’re running Ubuntu. You can google for “virtual hosts ubuntu” or something like that to get a start after the docs you need to do it. I’d suggest searching the forum for apache virtual hosts and if you can’t find anything then how about starting a new thread in “How Do I?” to get some help.

If I remember correctly, there is also a section about this in the textpattern solutions book if you have access to a copy.

Once you have setup a txp in a virtual host then try installing the MLP Pack again and seeing if it is any better.

Steve

#855 2008-07-19 18:49:50

redbot
Plugin Author

net-carver wrote:

That should be very easy. I’ll try to get it done when I look at redbot’s issue.

Thanks, thanks and finally thanks again

net-carver wrote:

Looks like you are running in a subdirectory install. Unfortunately the MLP Pack doesn’t handle this situation and that could be leading to the problems you posted about.

Steve, excuse me if I dare to speak but are you sure Mattia’s site is running in a subdirectory?
If the path to site is /var/www/prova in his local environment I wouldn’t consider it a subdirectory (in my supreme ignorance).
Or, to put it differently, then I’m also running the MLP in a subdirectory but I haven’t had any problems at all.

P.S. Please don’t hate me too much for my omnipresent contribute in complicating things

Last edited by redbot (2008-07-19 18:52:00)

#856 2008-07-20 10:19:36

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

redbot

No worries. Quick question… when you access your local sites what do you type in as the url?

Steve

#857 2008-07-20 11:54:26

redbot
Plugin Author

net-carver wrote:

Quick question… when you access your local sites what do you type in as the url?

http://localhost/my_site

#858 2008-07-22 08:14:24

mattia.daldegan

net-carver wrote:

Mattia
This really isn’t the right thread to talk about setting up txp in it’s own virtual host on apache but it should be pretty easy as I see you’re running Ubuntu. You can google for “virtual hosts ubuntu” or something like that to get a start after the docs you need to do it. I’d suggest searching the forum for apache virtual hosts and if you can’t find anything then how about starting a new thread in “How Do I?” to get some help.
If I remember correctly, there is also a section about this in the textpattern solutions book if you have access to a copy.
Once you have setup a txp in a virtual host then try installing the MLP Pack again and seeing if it is any better.

Following this guide I have done what Steve suggested me about virtual hosts.

All of my problems are flown away. Steeeve, thank you soooo much!!!! :)
Mattia

Last edited by mattia.daldegan (2008-07-22 08:15:54)

#859 2008-07-22 08:27:54

jano

net-carver wrote:

jano

Thank you Steve for taking it into consideration.

#860 2008-07-22 13:16:13

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

mattia.daldegan wrote:

Following this guide I have done what Steve suggested me about virtual hosts.

All of my problems are flown away.

I like it when that happens. :)

Steve

#861 2008-07-25 13:59:38

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Jano

Looking at your now problem and I can’t seem reproduce it. Every time I clone an article it retains its original posting date.

I’ve looked through my code and found that a really old version (end 2006) used to reset the article posting time to now() on cloning but I wouldn’t have thought you’d be using it now. What the clone routine does do is set the feed_time and last_modified time to now(). Could you please use something like phpmyadmin to verify the Posted entries for a freshly cloned rendition are losing their original value.

Many thanks!

Steve

#862 2008-07-31 20:11:42

dreamer

does the plugin only support the languages that TXP supports as found here; http://rpc.textpattern.com/lang/ ?

If so, I had a request to install Farsi (Persian language), Mandarin, Thai, Portugese, and Spanish. I know Portugese and Spanish is available but what about the other 3? I didn’t see on the link above?

#863 2008-08-01 02:05:52

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

dreamer

Hello. Firstly, this isn’t a plugin but a modification to standard Txp that includes a couple of plugins and about 10 files; one of which replaces the txplib_db.php file. Beware, if you use the MLP pack then do an upgrade of your txp install you’ll need to reinstall the db file or you’ll get errors.

That said, the MLP Pack can support any language that has an encoding in ISO-639 part 1. Those available on the txp language server are a subset of those possible.

However, you’ll also need to know the language’s native name and iso code before you conclude that there is no translation available for it from the language server. Once you start using the native name you’ll see that Mandarin is called “中文(简体)”,Thai “ไทย”, and both are present. I have no idea how complete or up-to-date they are though.

If you want Farsi (Persian) then you could still use the MLP pack to develop a site which serves up pages in Farsi; but if you want to look at the admin interface in Farsi too then you’ll need to translate all the strings it uses (MLP has features to help you do this.)

Hope that helps.

Steve

#864 2008-08-01 20:05:40

dreamer

Thanks Steve-

When you say that you don’t know how complete or up to date they are, are you referring to the strings in the MLP Pack or what is inherent in TXP? I took a look at that list of ISO-639-1 and it seems like all my languages are supported. cool

Board footer