Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#841 2008-07-15 06:06:13

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

redbot

AFAIK, not out-of-the-box. There is another language ambiguity that would appear on the public interface with doing this. If you could add different renditions of a custom-field name then when you tested for existence of a cf on the public side, or even wanted to output its value, which name should you use?

Steve

#842 2008-07-15 09:10:05

redbot
Plugin Author

net-carver wrote:

AFAIK, not out-of-the-box. There is another language ambiguity that would appear on the public interface with doing this. If you could add different renditions of a custom-field name then when you tested for existence of a cf on the public side, or even wanted to output its value, which name should you use?

Thank you Steve.
That’s why I always thought that custom fields should be handled by textpattern like sections and categories: IMHO they should have a name (for “internal” use) and a title (If I remember correctly I also made a similar request to Gerhard).

But wait, I have an idea.
I’m no programmer but I think if I have the time I’ll have a look at your first version of sed_section_fields (do you remember it was based on a totally different approach?). Do you think it makes some sense?
Thank you anyway for your help

#843 2008-07-15 16:06:27

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

redbot

It shouldn’t be too difficult to solve this. Let me know how your idea develops.

Steve

#844 2008-07-16 09:16:59

jano

net-carver wrote:

Will think on this one. iirc, it’s overriden by the ‘comment’ string in the MLP pack, I can’t remember why right now — but I think there was a good reason for it at the time.
Try using the Content > MLP > Snippets > Search form to locate the ‘comment’ string and try editing that to see if it does what you want for now.

Thank you Steve, editing the comment snippet worked as you described, it overrides de Default comment invite.

Now I only need to use the native TXP tag: <txp:comments_invite textonly="1" showalways="1" showcount="0" />

#845 2008-07-16 09:26:54

jano

I’m managing an event list combining the posting date (future date) plus the time="future" attribute of the <txp:article /> tag in order to show upcoming events.

However when I clone the article to another rendition the posting date is not being copied, it is set to the actual cloning datetime, which I undertand is the normal behavior of TXP. But, Would it be possible to copy the original posting date when cloning an article?

#846 2008-07-16 14:33:46

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

redbot

I think I can do what you are asking fairly easily but I am pretty busy right now.

jano

You only need this feature for articles posted with future dates right?

I guess I could alter the clone routine slightly so that articles with future dates clone them verbatim, rather than setting them to now().

Can anybody see any problems with doing the latter?

Steve

#847 2008-07-16 23:16:29

redbot
Plugin Author

net-carver wrote:

I think I can do what you are asking fairly easily but I am pretty busy right now.

Great news Steve, that would be fantastic!
Even if you are busy now, I bet it would take much more time if I had to do it myself, not to mention the result would be an ugly (and probably buggy) hack :(
So I must thank you for just thinking you could do it: it’s been a true relief for me…
And just out of curiosity, do you plan to implement the functionality (again, in case you have the time and the will to do it) by adding a new sub-tab named “custom fields” to the MLP?

#848 2008-07-17 14:55:12

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

redbot wrote:

And just out of curiosity, do you plan to implement the functionality … by adding a new sub-tab named “custom fields” to the MLP?

I was thinking of using the existing “specials” tab.

Steve

#849 2008-07-17 15:14:40

redbot
Plugin Author

net-carver wrote:

I was thinking of using the existing “specials” tab.

Makes sense to me.

#850 2008-07-17 17:48:12

mattia.daldegan

Hello to everybody!
NetCarver, thank you so much for your work and support on this plugin!

I’ve three BIG problems with MLP.

First.
I’ve got the same problem of Timid&Friendly.
Perhaps I can help finding the problem, describing my situation.
I’ve two local identical installations: Textpattern 4.0.5 with clean urls (section/title).

The first, where I use the old plugin (0.7.650), doesn’t have problems (or better, I have the problem described later).
The second, where I use the new plugin (0.8.715), gives me the same problems as those of Timid&Friendly (404 error on everything).

Second.
Local installation: Textpattern 4.0.5 and clean urls (section/title).
The base URL of the installation is: http://localhost/ textpattern
With the 0.7.650 version of MLP, in the title of an article I can’t use the ending part of the base URL of the site: in this case textpattern. In fact if I click on the clean URL of such an article I got a 404 error.
I tried the new version of the plugin (0.8.715) to solve this problem, but I can’t test it because of the problem explained above.

Third.
Because of the second problem, with the 0.8.715 version of the plugin I tried messy urls.
I got a strange behavior (the default language is italian).
A section URL is like this: http://localhost/textpattern/ it /index.php?s= sectionname
The anchor to the translation brings me to: http://localhost/txp/ it/enp/it /index.php?s= sectionname
This URL, obviously, doesn’t show me the translation of the section page.
If I click again on the anchor to the translation, it brings me to: http://localhost/txp/ it/enp/it/enp/it /index.php?s= sectionname
and so on…
In other words it seems to add the string enp/it to the URL everytime I click on the anchor ( itp/en if I try to visit the italian translation of an english section).

Can anybody help me? :(
Sorry for my bad english.

Mattia

#851 2008-07-19 03:10:54

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Mattia

Hello. Can you let me know if you have made subdirectory installations of Textpattern and MLP on your local server? It kind of looks like it from your post above — but I can’t tell for sure.

Steve

#852 2008-07-19 09:47:57

mattia.daldegan

Hello Steve!

mmm…I’m not sure of what you mean for “subdirectory installation”. Maybe you mean that the problem can be caused by my web server configuration?

I try to describe my situation, writing here a sort of “screenshot” of my navigation.
If I browse on http://localhost/ I see a page with Index of / and a list of directories.
One of these is the apache2-defualt directory and other are Textpattern installations (one of these is called prova).

From this I understand that my web server has http://localhost/ as root, right?

I post here the Diagnostics info made by Textpattern, where you can see all of the path and urls informations for the installation named prova.

Textpattern version: 4.0.5 (r2466)
Last Update: 2008-06-14 15:27:45/2007-07-01 20:03:44
Document root: /var/www/ (/var/www)
$path_to_site: /var/www/prova
Textpattern path: /var/www/prova/textpattern
Permanent link mode: messy
Temporary directory path: /tmp
Site URL: localhost/prova
PHP version: 5.2.3-1ubuntu6.3
GD Image Library: unavailable
Server Local Time: 2008-07-19 10:59:34
MySQL: 5.0.45-Debian_1ubuntu3.3-log
Locale: it_IT.UTF-8
Server: Apache/2.2.4 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.3-1ubuntu6.3
Apache version: Apache/2.2.4 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.3-1ubuntu6.3
PHP Server API: apache2handler
RFC 2616 headers: 
Server OS: Linux 2.6.22-15-generic
Active plugins: gbp_admin_library-0.4.632, l10n-0.7.650, zem_contact_lang-4.0.3.6m, sed_packed_custom_fields-0.3.108m, sed_plugin_library-0.2m, mdd_article_expiration-0.1, smd_gallery-0.44, zem_contact_reborn-4.0.3.20
Pre-flight check: 
------------------------
Some Textpattern files are out of date: 
	/lib/txplib_db.php
------------------------
.htaccess file contents: 
------------------------
#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
#Options +FollowSymLinks
#Options -Indexes
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
	RewriteEngine On
	#RewriteBase /relative/web/path/
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
	RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
	RewriteRule ^(.+) - [PT,L]
	RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php
</IfModule>
#php_value register_globals 0
------------------------

Have I answered your question?
If my installation is a “subdirectory installation”, do you mean that I have to move the installation in order to have:

$path_to_site: /var/www/
Textpattern path: /var/www/textpattern
Site URL: localhost

Could this solve my problems?

Thank you very much for the time you spent on my posts.
Mattia

Last edited by mattia.daldegan (2008-07-19 09:51:01)

Board footer