Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#601 2008-02-03 12:31:45

FireFusion

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

Sorry if this has already been asked before but is this ready for 4.0.6?

#602 2008-02-04 05:28:05

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

FireFusion

not asked before (I think) and not yet.

Steve

#603 2008-02-04 13:12:49

beztak
Website

Maybe I found a bug which has already been solved but appears again.

Files are corrupted again (I use TXP 4.0.5 and l10n 0.7.650), so in l10n after line 412 I just added again:

while( @ob_end_clean() );

and it works again ;)

#604 2008-02-04 15:14:48

jano

Hi Steve,

I had some misc forms which use the plus sign + as part of their name e.g. doctype+html_start, head+body_start

TXP seems to treat those forms correctly, however, when I try to access those forms via Content>MLP>Snippets>Forms in order to translate their language strings (set via <txp:text /> tags), the MLP replaces the plus sing with a blank space, so the language strings (snippets) won’t ever get displayed.

This is what the MLP is trying to show “head body_start snippets.”, “doctype html_start snippets.”

To fix this problem I’ve changed the plus sign to _and_, like this: doctype+html_start —> doctype_and_html_start, but that is far from an ideal solution.

Have you ever noticed this problem? Would it be possible to fix it for the next release? Or should I avoid using the plus sign for form names?

#605 2008-02-05 20:51:24

azw

I’ve got a txp:text that has been translated in the snippets window, but it’s being displayed as if was just a standard txp:text.
This is my code:

<p class="continue">
      <txp:permlink>[&nbsp;<txp:text item="continue" />&nbsp;]</txp:permlink></p>

Other txp:text translations are showing up fine.

If I change it so that item=“more” and add new renditions for “more”, it works. If I go back to “continue” it doesn’t.

Is “continue” a reserved word?

Is there a solution?

Last edited by azw (2008-02-05 20:52:17)

#606 2008-02-06 03:35:45

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

beztak, jano

thank you for posting.

azw

Is “continue” a reserved word?

Sort of. That happens when you try and use a string that is only available somewhere in the admin interface and try and use it on the public side. “Continue” is one of them, being used by the admin import code.

To help alleviate this problem I added an option to the preferences called “Limit string searches to publicly available strings?” so that the snippet > search feature only works on public strings.

You already hit on the solution… just use a snippet with a different name.

Steve

#607 2008-02-06 03:42:58

azw

Thanks, Steve! I thought for a moment there I was going crazy! Okay… that, too.

#608 2008-02-06 04:22:11

azw

jano wrote:

I had some misc forms which use the plus sign + as part of their name e.g. doctype+html_start, head+body_start ….. Or should I avoid using the plus sign for form names?

Jano, I’m not sure what conventions Txp follows for form names. I can think of two possibilities:

HTML file names
What’s permissible in file names depends on the operating system (and possibly the browser). I’d use the lowest common denominator: Limit file and directory names to the characters A-Z, a-z, 0-9, period ( . ), hyphen ( – ), and underscore ( _ ).
The use of periods and hyphens was limited on some older systems. Even now, some current systems don’t allow a period or hyphen in the first character of a file name or a period in the character of a file name. Some older systems didn’t accept periods at all.

PHP variable identifiers
a variable in PHP can only use letter, numerals, _ and ?
I was surprised that the dash ( – ) wasn’t included in valid characters and don’t think I’ve used ? before.

At any rate, it strikes me as a bad idea to use plus signs.

#609 2008-02-06 09:19:25

KI

Is it possible to disable automaic language redirection based on user’s browser language?

#610 2008-02-06 09:31:18

jano

azw wrote:

Jano, I’m not sure what conventions Txp follows for form names. I can think of two possibilities: […] At any rate, it strikes me as a bad idea to use plus signs.

azw, Thank you for your detailed response.

I haven’t got enought time to check the TXP internals about form name parsing. However, what I have found is that form names are being stored in the txp_form database table as UTF-8 encoded strings varchar(64), which supports the plus sign.

Could Steve confirm whether the MLP is not handling form names correctly or is a design limitation of TXP?

#611 2008-02-06 14:38:57

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

KI wrote:

Is it possible to disable automatic language redirection based on user’s browser language?

Hello KI and thank you for posting to the thread. That’s a new request to me but I’m struggling to think of a reason that might be useful. Could you explain the problem you are having?

Steve

#612 2008-02-06 14:49:16

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Jano wrote:

Could Steve confirm whether the MLP is not handling form names correctly or is a design limitation of TXP?

Looks like an MLP problem. Will look into it.

Beztak

I’ll work your fix into the next release.

Steve

Board footer