Exiladler
Website

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

well, updated to 0.7.627 and no luck.

I am trying to enter it in

MLP
Snippets
Pages

using ##portfoliolink## in the page and trying to add a text with & in it. If you need any further information, please let me know.

Regards
Peter

#470 2007-11-24 12:31:37

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Peter

Followed your instructions and all seems well with my installation — can enter the sequence and it gets saved though it appears in the snippet edit window as simply a ‘&’ character after the snippet is saved. However, the page output by Txp has & in the source.

I’ve not run this through a page validator yet.

If it’s okay with you, could you get in contact with me then I can return your email you can then send me a paragraph of text that causes the problem on your system and I’ll try to hunt this down.

Doh! See next post.

Last edited by net-carver (2007-11-24 16:35:33)

Steve

#471 2007-11-24 15:51:48

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Peter

ok, I can reproduce your problem now. But the problem doesn’t manifest itself for me when I first create and save a snippet, only on subsequent edits/saves. Was that the case for you?

If I enter ‘&’ into a snippet textarea and save it then everything is OK and the site produces xhtml that validates. However, if I re-edit the snippet and save it then that ‘&’ is turning into a straight ‘&’ and then the page fails validation.

Sorry, just being a bit slow tonight :) Will look into it.

Steve

#472 2007-11-24 16:28:34

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Peter

Problem found and fixed in the source code. Thank you.

Steve

#473 2007-11-25 14:49:42

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

All

Latest build available from the txp-plugins download page.

New / Changed in this version…

• The snippet editor now retains html encoded characters across edits. (Thanks Exiladler)
  • l10n_lang_list now supports localised category and author lists. (Thanks guiguibonbon!)
  • Updates to the setup wizard improve reporting of MySQL incompatibilities and allow the user a chance to skip the privilege checking step.
  • Admin interface language select drop-down is now sorted by language code so entries don’t “jump about” in the list.
  • The admin side language select drop-down is now also repeated in the footer — so that any mods you make to your txplib_head.php file doesn’t render this feature unusable.
  • A few other changes in preparation for Txp4.0.6

Enjoy!

Steve

#474 2007-12-02 23:33:46

els

It is probably somewhere in this thread or in the docs, but I couldn’t find it, so apologies if this has been answered before: when updating, is re-installing the plugins l10n and gbp_admin_library all I have to do, or do I need to re-upload all files as well?

#475 2007-12-03 02:17:56

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Steve

#476 2007-12-03 15:34:40

els

I knew it had to be somewhere, sorry for that! and thanks, Steve.

#477 2007-12-08 22:20:06

els

Well, I must have messed up somewhere… I followed the directions in the post you mentioned, Steve, but to be honest before that I had already installed the new versions of both plugins. So I de-activated them and then copied the files to /lib/ (except txplib_db.php), and then activated the plugins again. But the URLs are not right. The home page is either site.com/nl or site.com/en, which is correct of course, but the section pages are all site.com/section/. The code I have for the navigation is:

<txp:l10n_lang_list surpress_current="1" />
<txp:section_list active_class="active" sections="about,work" include_default="1" default_title="##home##" wraptag="ul" break="li" />

The html generated is (for example) <a href="http://site.com/en/about">About</a>, and it goes to the right page, but the URL in the address bar is site.com/about/. Clicking the ‘Dutch’ link (<a href="http://site.com/nl/about"><span dir="ltr">Nederlands</span></a>), the URL displayed remains site.com/about/, but it does correctly display the Dutch page. I thought maybe zem_redirect was interfering and I disabled it, but that didn’t make a difference.
Before I updated MLP everything was working fine.

So, if this is because I did not follow the exact instructions, it serves me right if have to delete MLP and re-install it from scratch, I wouldn’t mind. But what will happen to my renditions and snippets if I delete the plugins? I’d rather not lose them.

#478 2007-12-09 13:29:33

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Els

Can you send me a link to the actual site so I can see what’s going on? (If you don’t have my email address anymore then you can use my contact form)

The only changes to the last build that should touch on URL re-writes were to author/category listings, so I’m not sure what’s going on there. You shouldn’t need to delete anything to sort this out.

Steve

#479 2007-12-09 15:10:27

els

Hi Steve, the site in question was in maintenance mode (using rvm_maintenance). So I de-activated rvm_maintenance and checked the site before sending you the link, and guess what… everything worked as it should again!
The strange thing is that when I activated rvm_maintenance again to test if this was really the cause, the problem did not occur again… I don’t understand that, maybe it wasn’t that plugin interfering after all, maybe it was just a chaching problem (but I doubt that because I cleared the cache a hundred times already trying to figure this out).
Anyway, the problem is gone :) Thank you for your attention and sorry for bothering you!

#480 2007-12-09 15:13:52

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Els

glad to hear things are sorted out.

Steve

Board footer