Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#217 2007-04-07 08:20:27

sanmarco
Website

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

so now i’m one more step further but now the next block, when i click to MLP is comng this message:

Warning: The host or user argument to GRANT is too long SHOW GRANTS FOR ‘…..’; textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php:361 getrows(SHOW GRANTS FOR ‘…@… ‘;, ) in /mnt/jd1/05/866/00000012/htdocs/blog/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 117

and:

MLP Pack Detected Version Problems
The MLP Pack cannot operate in this installation because…

It requires MySQL Privileges 1 SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, ALTER, LOCK TABLES, INDEX, DROP or above, current install is missing privs – or grants on DB (`….` as `…..`) cannot be evaluated.

what i need to do now?
again, appreciate your help or idea. THanks a lot

sanmarco

#218 2007-04-07 08:46:37

sanmarco
Website

fine, i just sovle the problem i download the new version of MLP and it works, great!

#219 2007-04-08 17:22:22

sanmarco
Website

well, a bit later, so far so good, almost everyhing works fine but when i open the german version http://loop-art.eu/blog …it is ok than i click to english and it shows

http://loop-art.eu/blog/en/blog no page is found error message appears.. …andthere is not really a “en/blog” folder in my remote directory. (??)
Do i need to prepair this en/blog folders?

Is it may depence from the .htaccess file? This file i deleted because if i try to use it than i get this “internal error message”. Do I need this .htacces file touse MLP properly or it works without too?

really appreciate your help
sanmarco

#220 2007-04-09 14:12:58

FireFusion

I think i’ve found an error. Both Chinese languages have the same link. On two of my sites on different severs you can only access 中文(简体) language.

<li class="zh-cn"><a href="http://mysite.com/zh"><span dir="ltr">中文(简体)</span></a></li>
<li class="zh-tw"><a href="http://mysite.com/zh"><span dir="ltr">中文(國語)</span></a></li>

#221 2007-04-10 13:11:41

jstubbs
Website

I am having issues running both MLP and the new zem_event plugin. It appears (according to Zem) that MLP changes queries on the fly, which then affects zem_event.

Zem’s post in the zem_event topic is here:
http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=145781#p145781

I need MLP and zem_event for a site I am working on (4 languages and many events) so it would be good if this could be resolved…

#222 2007-04-10 14:04:52

dmytton

There is a fatal error if you try and use this plugin on PHP 5.2.0:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function pref() on a non-object in /home/ec/public_html/textpattern/lib/l10n_admin.php on line 490

Can this be fixed?

#223 2007-04-11 17:41:16

millo

Hi,

I’m quite excited to try this product out. I was just wondering if anyone has discussed how to switch page templates dynamically depending on what language is chosen?

Or should I start a new thread for that?

Thanks,
M

#224 2007-04-11 18:06:55

guiguibonbon

millo,

you could put your templates in forms, and call them archive_en, archive_it, etc. and add <txp:form_output name="archive_##lng##"/> in the archive page. All you have to do then is to translate the lng snippet into corresponding language acronyms. Did that make sense to you?

#225 2007-04-11 21:29:34

millo

guiguibonbon,

thanks for your response. i think i understand and i think that in this case it could work. i think where this could be a problem is if for example you were to have a site that’s 2 columns, one narrow column on the left for the navigation and one wide column on the right for the content and each of those had to flip around so that the right column is on the left and the left column on the right and each of those columns required some kind of listing. that would mean that the listing would probably have to be a form no? then that probably wouldn’t work just because that would mean then including a form within a form and I am assuming that you can’t include one form within another right?

In any case, that is not the case with the site i’m building. it would be a standard navigation on the left and content on the right, which when selected in arabic would then flip horizontally (and convert to rtl flowing text).

if anyone thinks there is a better way of doing this then I would be open to all available suggestions.

thanks!

#226 2007-04-11 21:41:59

maniqui
Website

millo,

I think you could use l10n_if_lang to serve different chunks of code (inside the same page template or form) depending on the language…

Could you confirm is that was useful for you?

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#227 2007-04-11 22:06:09

guiguibonbon

millo wrote:

that would mean that the listing would probably have to be a form no? then that probably wouldn’t work just because that would mean then including a form within a form and I am assuming that you can’t include one form within another right?

Of course you can call a form from inside another form! You can even call a form from that same form you just called from a form. Etc.

#228 2007-04-12 00:15:52

millo

guiguibonbon wrote:

Of course you can call a form from inside another form! You can even call a form from that same form you just called from a form. Etc.

Great! I’ll check this option out and maniqui’s as well (I’ll have to find the plug in and check it out). Thanks!

Board footer