Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1957 2012-04-14 14:23:55

jstubbs
Website

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

I have an issue on a site which has articles disappearing from the Articles tab and also the MLP articles list (just don’t appear to exist), but which still exist in the database and display on the front end of the site.

Anyone else seen this problem, and/or found a solution?

#1958 2012-04-14 14:36:24

maniqui
Website

I’ve the idea someone reported something similar a few weeks (months? years?!) ago in this thread.
In any case, have you tried running the wizard again, to see if it fix anything? (backup first!)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#1959 2012-04-14 15:18:12

els

jstubbs wrote:

Anyone else seen this problem, and/or found a solution?

Yes, I have seen this more than once, not sure what causes it because it was on sites I don’t maintain myself, but often these articles were in the wrong language table. If that was the case, changing the language and moving the articles to the correct table (directly in the db) solved the problem.

#1960 2012-04-14 15:46:19

jens31
Plugin Author
Website

or maybe its is caused by table prefix. do you use one?
when i delete an article, they dissapear from the backend, but not from the site..

#1961 2012-04-15 03:49:20

jstubbs
Website

No, not using any table prefixes. It works like this – user creates article in the Write tab, then deletes it from the Articles tab (not MLP tab). The article has only one rendition (4 languages on this site) in the default language.

Once the article has been deleted, it is not viewable on the backend at all. Only on the front end (public side) and in the database (only the l10n_txp_**_** table, not the textpattern table).

In the l10n_txp_**_** table, I see two versions of the rendition, one with status=4 (live) and one with status=3 (pending). I guess the user put one version of the article on hold, which brings me to the second major problem I am seeing with MLP – articles do not show on the MLP tab.

When accessing the MLP tab, the articles shows me no articles at all. 100 articles per page, with nothing on the first page but some on the second of two pages. But – not all the articles are there.

Likewise on the Articles tab, the number of articles in existence is incorrect. The setting there is for 100 articles per page. If I change the number of articles to be viewed, the articles suddenly appear (but not the phantom article mentioned above which is only seen on the front end and in the l10n_txp_ table.

Its frustrating. Should I run the wizard again? Want to check other community member experiences first as this is a live client site.

#1962 2012-04-15 12:13:38

tye
Website

Copy the site to a test directory/folder, alter settings in config.php
Duplicate database, alter settings in config.php
Change any other relevant settings in config.php

Run wizard and see if it fixes things

#1963 2012-04-15 13:33:23

els

jstubbs wrote:

user creates article in the Write tab, then deletes it from the Articles tab (not MLP tab).

Articles should only be deleted from the MLP tab! I’ve been wondering before if I should use a plugin (or some other way) to make the articles (‘renditions’) tab invisible for end users… Even if you instruct them not to use the renditions tab it happens too often.

Edit: if an article is deleted from the renditions tab, it’s only removed from the textpattern table. When using the MLP tab the article is also removed from its language table and the l10_articles table.

Last edited by els (2012-04-15 13:36:20)

#1964 2012-04-15 13:47:07

jstubbs
Website

@tye – thanks, worth a try.

@Els – the site use smd_user_manager to allocate privileges according to user status. Unfortunately, MLP does not seem to recognize a custom user status, hence the issue. In this case, we tried to create a custom user role which included access to the MLP tab, but it doesn’t work. The only option at present is to assign the custom user role Publisher privileges, which defies the purpose of using smd_user_manager.

And in the second site I mentioned, the user has a Publisher role, and the issue still remains – articles deleted (either in the MLP tab or Articles tab) remain in the DB after deletion. I can’t tell which – the user mainly uses MLP so I think deletion occurred from the MLP tab.

#1965 2012-05-23 16:51:43

gfdesign

First of all, excellent plugin. I love it.
This is my first post in this topic, so my apologies if it was commented.

Recently I’m using it and I was wondering if is possible hide some MLP tabs depending to user level. My intention is to give to my client, one user level so he/she can’t access to source html code that with MLP tabs you can.

The MLP tabs I’d like hide or disable, would be: Plugins, Snippets, Preferences and Wizards and let only access for Articles tab. That would prevent the client break something.

Are there any method for that?
Thanks a lot

#1966 2012-05-23 17:07:19

els

There is no method for this within MLP, but you could have a look at bot_admin_body_class, it lets you hide items with CSS. (Not sure if it will do what you want, I don’t really know the plugin.)

#1967 2012-05-23 17:40:39

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

gfdesign wrote:

The MLP tabs I’d like hide or disable, would be: Plugins, Snippets, Preferences and Wizards and let only access for Articles tab. That would prevent the client break something.

I don’t know if it works with mlp but bot_privs is excellent for that

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#1968 2012-05-23 19:31:26

gfdesign

Els dijo:

There is no method for this within MLP, but you could have a look at bot_admin_body_class, it lets you hide items with CSS. (Not sure if it will do what you want, I don’t really know the plugin.)

At the moment, it serves if I use ‘Remora’ as theme because, sadly no there individual classes for each MLP tabs (or its tags).
Many thanks

colak dijo:

I don’t know if it works with mlp but bot_privs is excellent for that

I’m afraid this plugin doesn’t work as I expect with MLP, but with #Els’s solution, I got what I wanted.
Thanks

Board footer