Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1777 2011-05-12 17:16:19

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

Quick question: I have a site that uses only English. I want to add strings to my templates that can be edited in Textpattern. Having used MLP on another (multi-lingual) site, I love the snippet editor. Is it viable to install and use MLP just for the snippet editor, without using the language URLs? If not, is there another plugin I can use just for language snippets?

#1778 2011-05-16 16:12:35

Exiladler
Website

Hi,

Trying to convert a site to MLP and one article is showing in the MLP tab under Content but not any of the one’s I have added. Ran the MLP Wizard several times to no avail. I did copy the lib files again to my textpattern to ensure they are the correct ones. Using TXP 4.3.0, any clues?

#1779 2011-05-16 17:14:38

els

Hi Exiladler, you can try to check the database. I recently found that a user of one of my MLP sites somehow(?!) managed to end up with translated entries in the wrong language tables. Moving these (or delete and recreate) can help.
All articles should be in the textpattern table and in the respective language tables (l10n_txp_xx_xx), and there should be a reference to all translations in l10n_articles. Look especially in the language tables for incorrect values in the l10n_lang column.

#1780 2011-05-16 17:20:35

Exiladler
Website

Els,

Thanks for you quick response. in textpattern all entries are available, BUT the ones that do not show up have the field l10n_lang empty and not “en-gb”

In l10n_txp_en_gb there are 2 entries, agaain the second on with an empty l10n_lang field.

Any clues as to why this happened? Shall I manually add the code to the textpattern table?

#1781 2011-05-16 17:25:17

els

Yes, you can manually add the values, it will probably solve your problem for now. I have no idea though why or how this happened. Maybe you can do some testing by adding a couple of new articles, and see if you can reproduce it. Keep in mind that your first article (the one that should be cloned into the translations) always needs to be in the primary language! And – I’m not quite sure if this is compulsory, but I always do it like this – create your clones only from that primary article.

(edit: typo)

Last edited by els (2011-05-16 17:39:44)

#1782 2011-05-16 17:29:13

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

If you have SQL access (through mysql, say, or phpMyAdmin), you could do something like this:

SELECT * in textpattern
where l10n_lang = '';

If that shows you all the rows that need to set to ‘en-gb’, and ONLY those rows, then you could do something like this to add the required information:

UPDATE textpattern
SET l10n_lang = 'en-gb'
WHERE l10n_lang = '';

WARNING: Always back up your database before running untested queries.

Edit: Fix textile.

Last edited by johnstephens (2011-05-16 17:30:57)

#1783 2011-05-16 17:49:12

Exiladler
Website

Els + johnstevens,

Thanks, one small thing, in the sql, I needed to change in to from as my version of Mysql did not like the ‘in’ part. Now they do show up in the MLP table.

Then IO went to write and created another article, this again did NOT show up, so somehow it does not fill the field l10n_lang. I’d like to find out why, but in the meantime at least I have a workaround.

So if you could suggest any further steps I can do to investigate, I’m all ears.

In the meantime, THANKS a lot for the quick help to you both
Peter

#1784 2011-05-16 18:32:11

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Exiladler wrote:

Thanks, one small thing, in the sql, I needed to change in to from as my version of Mysql did not like the ‘in’ part. Now they do show up in the MLP table.

Sorry, ‘in’ was a typo.

#1785 2011-05-17 10:00:31

Exiladler
Website

It get’s stranger and stranger, I am using this in a form for the manu to all languages

<a href=“http://www.thumbguard.eu/it/” target=”_blank”><txp:image name=“it-small.gif” /> </a>
<a href=“http://www.thumbguard.eu/nl/” target=”_blank”><txp:image name=“nl-small.gif” /> </a>
<a href=“http://www.thumbguard.eu/pl/” target=”_blank”><txp:image name=“pl-small.gif” /> </a>
<a href=“http://www.thumbguard.eu/tu/” target=”_blank”><txp:image name=“tu-small.gif” /> </a>
<a href=“http://www.thumbguard.eu/sf/” target=”_blank”><txp:image name=“sf-small.gif” /> </a>

all other languages show as www.thunbguard.eu/it/ etc BUT for the last 2 it shows up as www.thunbguard.eu/en/tu and sf. I checked the respective languages are installed and they are in the list under MLP preferences. I am puzzled as to where things are going wrong.

Any suggestions?

#1786 2011-05-17 13:56:13

Depot 1
Website

Ok, I’m not giving up – so here I go again : )

As mentioned in post #1771, I have no language directories on my server, yet everything is fine backend. After reading post #1779, I checked the textpattern, l10n_txp_xx_xx and l10n_articles tables and all entries are here.
Unfortunately I know close to nothing about php, mySQL etc., and therefore have no idea why everything is ok in the database, but apparently does’nt work on the server.

I will be extremely grateful to anyone, who can point me in the right directions in order to figure this out!

#1787 2011-05-17 18:16:25

els

Exiladler
What happens if you don’t create the menu manually, but use the <txp:l10n_lang_list /> tag?

Snorre
I have no idea why this is happening, never heard of this problem before… You shouldn’t have language directories, so that at least is fine ;) Is it a live site? If you’d trust me with a login I can have a look around at your settings, but I can’t promise I’ll be able to find the cause of the problem.

#1788 2011-05-17 20:01:42

Tobiasz

Hi,

The website of our association was working well and long with the MLP. Than, two years before something went wrong and newly added renditions didn’t appeared on our website and the changes made in the old renditions also hasn’t been visible in front-end (but yes in back-end). We didn’t have time to fix it. Now I must get the webpage working. I’ve moved it to new server and updated the TXP and MLP as well. Now it’s working at TXP: 4.4.0, l10n 0.9.11, gbp_admin_library 0.4.1 and zem_contact_lang-mlp 4.0.3.6.

The webpage http://esenco.org is working on polish (default) and esperanto. I’ve made everything obeying the MLP’s manual. I’ve pass importing the old renditions and I can make changes to them. But when adding the new articles, they receive adres at /pl/ but it doesn’t go to the MLP panel in back-end. It’s impossible to clone them and add the esperanto translation. The language-selection menu disapeares when you open the rendition in front-end.

In our SQL DB the new articles appear in table with articles (`esc_l10n_articles`) and at the polish language table ( `esc_l10n_txp_pl_pl`) but in both of them without the language code. The row l10n_lang stays empty.

While saving the changes in articles there is an error:

@Warning: Something is wrong in your syntax obok ‘’ w linii 1 select * from esc_l10n_articles as l10n_articles where `ID`= in /home/tobiasz/domains/esenco.org/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 110

Invalid language code ‘’ calculated in _l10n_add_rendition()@

I’ve spent two days on it already but im not the proffesional and it still seems to be complicated to me :(. I hope there is someone who can help me and my association.

Board footer