You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1501 2010-03-19 20:50:57

slabanosa

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

Els wrote:

It’s not in the plugin help, but I think you need l10n_get_rendition_id:
<txp:article_custom id='<txp:l10n_get_rendition_id articleid="123" />' />

You rock !

spot on what I was looking for, now to clean up the mess I had come up with with conditional nested forms, although it did help me getting back into form(s) ;-)

#1502 2010-03-20 19:13:37

r0x0r

Els wrote:

r0x0r wrote:

For example with this exclude string “css , js , highslide, “, this CSS include <link rel=“stylesheet” type=“text/css” href=”/kakslauttanen/highslide/highslide.css” /> turns to <link rel=“stylesheet” type=“text/css” href=”/en/kakslauttanen/highslide/highslide.css” />.

What is the root of your site? I don’t understand this part: href="/kakslauttanen/highslide/highslide.css". If your site is in /kakslauttanen/ shouldn’t it be href="/highslide/highslide.css"? And if your site is in /, shouldn’t you exclude kakslauttanen?

The root is /kakslauttanen. Correct me if I am wrong, but href="/highslide/highslide.css" results in www.example.org/highslide/highslide.css and not /kakslauttanen/highslide/highslide.css. And as I mentioned earlier the script directive <script type="text/javascript" src="/kakslauttanen/highslide/highslide-full.packed.js"></script> with a similar path in the same form does not get rewritten.
Am I completely off the mark here? :)

#1503 2010-03-20 20:16:49

els

r0x0r wrote:

The root is /kakslauttanen.

Then I’m afraid you have a problem. MLP is known not to work properly in subdirectory installs. In the first post of this thread there is a link to this post, the then latest information on development. Most of the issues in that list with status ‘open’ are unfortunately still open. Subdirectory installs is one of them.

There is no problem with MLP in subdomain installs however.

#1504 2010-04-02 12:00:07

slabanosa

Is there any way to make custom fields searchable with MLP installed?
tried wet_haystack but it spits out a mile long MLP related error

thanks

#1505 2010-04-07 10:32:05

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

today I installed MLP on a local WAMP server, and I get the following error message: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\\textpattern\lib\txplib_db.php on line 9

is it a problem with the php version I’m running? any way to solve this (doesn’t seem to affect functionality, but it’s annoying…)?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#1506 2010-04-07 18:58:25

segfault
Plugin Author
Website

Kemie,

It’s indeed due to the php version you are running. It’s just a warning that says that in future versions, the function set_magic_quotes_runtime() won’t be available (due to several different problems) and it’s an advice to update the script to not call that function. It should work properly in this version of php you are using though (except for the annoying warning). Cheers!

“A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

#1507 2010-04-08 19:26:45

kemie
Plugin Author
Website

thanks! i’ll just ignore it for a while, then :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~| monolinea.com | pixilate.com | istockphoto.com/kemie |~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#1508 2010-04-15 08:18:49

wornout
Website

Hi everyone!
Is possible to integrate MLP with rah_sitemap?
I’ve tried both plugins in combination, but rah_sitemap ignore the language redirection and publish the base URL.

Right URL:
http://www.mysite.com/en/section

Result:
http://www.mysite.com/section

Can someone help me!?
Thanks

#1509 2010-04-15 15:51:57

els

No, unfortunately it’s not possible (I’ve also posted in the plugin thread about this). My workaround is to use a plugin that creates a static sitemap (like jmd_sitemap), have it create the file and then add the language markers manually. It works for me because the sites in question are pretty static, but if the sitemap needs updating frequently this is not such a workable alternative.

#1510 2010-04-21 21:08:38

Katalonian
Website

guys, it is possible to use language with this plugin, which is not listed in txp languages? For example, azerbaijani. ?

<txp:txp_me />

#1511 2010-04-21 21:52:27

els

Yes, it’s possible, but if the translation doesn’t exist, you’ll have to translate as well all Txp strings as the MLP strings yourself ;) For instructions for translation of the Txp strings, see the Internationalisation forum. Then you need to install your language in Txp, add your language to the l10n_langs.php file that is part of the MLP pack (if it isn’t there already), install MLP, and then you can start translating the MLP strings.

#1512 2010-04-25 03:36:34

azw

I think you can write your own language pack. I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think you’re stuck with the language codes written into TXP. I’ve changed the language list for one site to simplify the display of “English” on the website.

The main problem I’m aware of is that if you change the list of language codes, you’ll have to edit that every time you do an update, too.

Board footer