Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1285 2009-04-28 19:42:15

els

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

dreamer wrote:

i have to use this plugin more often so i’m happy to help if need be.

Thank you! As you probably noticed, MLP has been adopted by Graeme and Bloke. We should wait a while and see how MLP will evolve before starting to work on the docs, but ultimately we will also need good documentation and all help will be more than welcome!

#1286 2009-04-28 19:46:48

els

pogonik
I’ll try to install sp-sr in my test install, and see if I can find out what happens. I’m not sure if I can manage that tonight, if not I’ll do it tomorrow. In the meantime, I hope someone who’s also using that language will read your post and reply.

#1287 2009-04-28 20:34:53

pogonik
Website

wow…thank you a lot Els. that would be great! I hope i’m not gonna have to do another translation :-)

#1288 2009-04-28 21:49:10

els

OK, I think I found it :) In l10n_langs.php it says ‘Srpski’ for sr, which should be ‘Српски’. And sp is missing. I modified the file to correct that. You can grab it here.

Now follow these steps (they worked for me):

1. replace the old l10n_langs.php with the new one
  2. using phpMyAdmin, empty (truncate) the txp_lang table
  3. in Admin > Preferences > Language: re-install your languages

As far as I can see it’s working as it should now. Of course, the l10n language strings are not yet translated, at the moment we only have a complete Dutch translation: http://txpforge.org/projects/list_files/mlp. So you’ll have to translate those yourself, or find someone who already did that :)

Let me know if it works!

#1289 2009-04-29 07:53:23

pogonik
Website

….aaaaannnddd there we go again!!! yessss. Thanks a lot!
I had som problems after doing the steps you pointed, but never mind…I did new instalation with your modification of file, and now everything works.
Thanks once again.

#1290 2009-04-29 09:25:09

els

pogonik wrote:

I had som problems after doing the steps you pointed, but never mind…I did new instalation with your modification of file, and now everything works.

Yeah, I had to think afterwards what exactly I had done, so it’s possible I forgot a step ;) A new installation would work anyway. I’m glad it solved your problem!

#1291 2009-05-07 02:22:19

ploinkr

Is anyone else having problems with the l10n_lang_list menu linking to random URLs?
Sorry if it’s been answered before – couldn’t find anything in this thread with the forum search…
Thanks.

#1292 2009-05-07 17:34:05

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

ploinkr wrote:

Is anyone else having problems with the l10n_lang_list menu linking to random URLs?
Sorry if it’s been answered before – couldn’t find anything in this thread with the forum search…
Thanks.

Yep… There was problem with linking to rendition which is absent. I offered the solution in this thread.

Question:

I have two languages at my site: russian and english. The appear in url like site.com/ru and site.com/en. Is there way to change 2-char language name to something else, for example, i want recieve this urls: site.com/russian and site.com/english.

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#1293 2009-05-07 21:33:25

dreamer

Is there a way to have the languages rendered as an image as opposed to text? Moreover, I want to use a different image for each language. I was looking at l10n_permlink and adding a class to it, but it didn’t work. And if did work, I don’t see how you can add various image classes for each language permlink.

#1294 2009-05-07 21:41:45

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

dreamer wrote:

Is there a way to have the languages rendered as an image as opposed to text? Moreover, I want to use a different image for each language. I was looking at l10n_permlink and adding a class to it, but it didn’t work. And if did work, I don’t see how you can add various image classes for each language permlink.

lang_list by default inserts class with language’s code:

<ul class="l10n_lang_list"><li class="ru-ru l10n_current"><span dir="ltr">Russian</span></li>
	<li class="en-us"><a href="http://www.site.ru/en/"><span dir="ltr">English</span></a></li></ul>

You can use css, something like this:

li.ru-ru {text-indent: -10000px; background: url('path/to'img.png'); height: 10px; width: 20px;} 

text-indent will hide text from displaying it in browser. You should test this variant for bugs, if you like my method :)

Last edited by the_ghost (2009-05-07 21:48:24)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#1295 2009-05-07 21:58:55

els

dreamer wrote:

Is there a way to have the languages rendered as an image as opposed to text?

An alternative would be to use an7_filter, it replaces predefined text strings with, for instance, images. Wrap the plugin tag around the l10n_lang_list tag to prevent each and every instance of ‘English’, ‘French’ or whatever being replaced with images ;)

Edit: but I think Victor’s CSS solution is better :)

Last edited by els (2009-05-07 21:59:43)

#1296 2009-05-07 22:04:53

ploinkr

the_ghost, thanks for your reply but I believe I found the answer, just a couple of pages back, in fact !
Cheers!

the_ghost wrote:

Yep… There was problem with linking to rendition which is absent. I offered the solution in this thread.

Board footer