You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1201 2009-02-19 00:31:46

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

Here are 4.0.8 fixes for the bug reported post #1138

MLP Pack 0.9.11 GP

I don’t have time to follow this thread so if it’s still not working in 4.0.8 let me know! (please be concise)

#1202 2009-02-19 00:56:09

redbot
Plugin Author

graeme wrote:

I can’t test it now, Just want to thank you, it’s a great news!

#1203 2009-02-19 20:28:46

ultramega

Kjeld, thanks for the info. Sounds cool.

#1204 2009-02-19 21:52:56

Lauski

Hello!

I just got a new TextPattern installation with Multi-Lingual Publishing pack. Someone has installed both of them and I have to fix it and make it work.

I think admin-panel is working fine and I now how to use MLP. But when I’m surfing to my web (like www.mysite.com) there will be /fi (like www.mysite.com/fi) and “Not found”.

So what I have to do that TP & MLP will work?

#1205 2009-02-19 22:27:09

azw

Welcome, Lauski. I think you’ll find Textpattern and MLP very useful tools. I should also say that it will take effort to learn how to use them. There are a lot of people here willing to help, but I doubt that many will want to help unless you’ve first tried to figure it out yourself.

There are good tutorials over in Textbook, I think. I have also found useful the book: Textpattern Solutions.

If you’re new to Textpattern, I’d recommend that you first take time to experiment with it without the MLP. You can disable MLP and run without it in the Admin area’s plugins tab.

But you need to know that it was all installed correctly. It sounds like it wasn’t. So I’d start over again. If this is a new site and you have no content yet, I would reinstall the newest Textpattern and then reinstall the newest version of MLP (the link is right above in message #1201).

Or, if you have a working site (one with content and viewers), I might reinstall 4.07 for TXP and the previous version of MLP just to be sure that MLP will work correctly with Textpattern.

Good luck!

#1206 2009-02-21 11:17:28

Lauski

Thank you for your message!

I gave up and installed a new fresh install of TXP & MLP and now it’s working.

Now I have one problem and maybe you can help with it:

I have layout with left and right “panel” and center is the content. Normally and now the center content is changing and so are the language changing. But my left and right panel is in default Page and I have only one content. What I have to do to make panels’ language change?

Maybe I have create new article, like “Left” but how I tell to panel that always show article “Left” and language?

#1207 2009-02-21 18:48:19

ultramega

Hi Lauski! If I understood you right, your left and right panels are showing always lang X, and article content in the middle is translated to langs X, Y, Z etc? What kind of content is it in those two panels? You can easily make all needed TXP-blocks translatable using “snippets”.

Easiest way to add a snippet is to go the page-templates. Then where you want your translated content be, add ## in the start and end of free-named-snippets. So you could have

##left_panel##
##right_panel##

Now when you go MLP-tab, and there navigate yourself to pages-tab, you see that page-template has those named snippets waiting for translations for different langs. There you can enter I think almost everykind TXP-codes too, to get what you want. You can also add stuff to smaller building blocks, called forms and then translate content of forms in same way.

Please tell if this was helpfull, or if needing more advice.

#1208 2009-02-25 04:11:04

maniqui
Website

graeme wrote:

MLP Pack 0.9.11 GP

I don’t have time to follow this thread so if it’s still not working in 4.0.8 let me know! (please be concise)

I’ve upgraded and so far, it works like a charm. Thanks, Graeme!

Last edited by maniqui (2009-02-25 04:11:15)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#1209 2009-02-25 11:59:44

txpnisti

Hello all. We are trying to get article images and data saved in few custom fields identical in renditions in easy way: if changing one of those fields in default article, translated renditions would follow. The way to do this, as far we have figured out, is to get the group-id of the currently viewed rendition, then find ID of the original article and get content from it’s named fields. Any ideas, pitfals, easier ways…? Would help a lot when having multiple languages, articles, and continuing work on progress with images saved both article-image and custom fields.

Should be possible to output needed things using txp:if_lang, txp_else and php? So when it is rendering native language, it would take content normally, otherwise would search content with php from the default article’s table.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited by txpnisti (2009-02-26 05:58:10)

#1210 2009-03-07 06:51:27

salarrue

how can I create a snippet in this code:

<txp:cbs_navigation_menu sections=“default,vision,about,programs,donation,contact” class=“nav” titles=“Home,Vision,About,Programs,Donation,Contact” activenolink=“true” activeclass=“active” break=“li” wraptag=“ul” />

I need to translate Home,Vision,About,Programs,Donation,Contact

#1211 2009-03-07 08:56:23

azw

Hi, Salarrue,

I’ve not used cbs_navigation_menu, so I don’t know if it works with MLP.

It looks like you may know this, but I’ll say it just in case. Section have both names and titles. The titles can be translated on the Presentation > Sections tab. The section names can’t be translated, at least I don’t think so. You should usually use the section name for your coding.

Are you sure you have to hard code the titles for this plugin? Maybe it’s just an option. If it’s required that’s really too bad. It defeats the whole system of defining these things in the database.

It’s possible that you could use snippets to do this. See Ultramega’s message #1207 above for a quick tutorial on how to use them.

#1212 2009-03-07 10:43:09

ultramega

Salarrue, as azw said: if those titles=“Home,Vision…” are words shown actual menu for users of the site (haven’t used it either), then just throw whole navigation block as a snippet: that way you can duplicate menu-generator tag to each language, and from there translate those titles. I use just hardcoded navigations, so don’t know for sure is it going to work.

Board footer