Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2008-06-17 04:25:31

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] cbs_live_search

Yes, I’m planning to move to jQuery in the following weeks/months. Currently I’ve only ported Slimbox to jQuery but I’ll eventually upgrade my other scripts, including this live search script.

mootools becomes “big”, mootools core now has more or less the same size as jQuery. And because jQuery has become very popular and is now bundled with Wordpress, Drupal and Textpattern, I think it’s time to move on.

My plugins : cbs_live_search (improved) – cbs_category_list – cbs_navigation_menu – cbs_gravatar (updated) – cbs_article_index – cbs_maintenance_mode (new) – cbs_section_language (new)

#62 2008-07-28 07:53:33

candyman

What about the porting to jQuery? :P

#63 2008-12-15 02:46:25

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hello, new version 0.8 is out (at last!).

Not only have I rewritten the MooTools javascript to make it smaller and better, but I’ve also created a new jQuery implementation which does exactly the same thing. Just pick your preferred javascript framework. The jQuery version is now live on my personal website if you want to test.

Changelog for v0.8:

• Added a jQuery 1.2 javascript in addition to the MooTools javascript.
  • Optimized both javascripts for reduced file size (< 2 KB instead of 3 KB).
  • Added horizontal resizing of the results list (instead of vertical only). The results list can now grow following either a fixed width or a fixed height.
  • Hitting the “Esc” key when the search box has the focus will now clear it.
  • Adding spaces to the left or right of the search terms will not result in a new identical query being performed.
  • Added “html_id” and “wraptag” options.
  • The results list is now inside the form, below the search box block and not outside the form.
  • You can now use multiple live search boxes inside the same page by specifying different values for the “html_id” attribute and even style them differently.
  • Removed the “waitimage” and “resetimage” options. Now these images must be styled in the CSS instead. If no CSS rules are defined for them, they will simply not appear.
  • Renamed other options to better comply with the TextPattern model and better reflect their usage. “webkit” is now named “safari” because it actually only works with Safari.
  • Fixed potential SQL injection vulnerabilities.
  • The results now also include “sticky” articles.
  • Improved search speed and results matching compared to a standard search. Live search queries can now contain characters like .'()<> and will return correct results (a standard search containing these characters will still return wrong results until the Textpattern developers fix this problem).
  • Outputs cleaner XHTML (javascript declaration is inside a CDATA block).
  • Upgraded the provided minimal MooTools build to v1.2.1 and new dependencies.
  • Enhanced documentation.

My plugins : cbs_live_search (improved) – cbs_category_list – cbs_navigation_menu – cbs_gravatar (updated) – cbs_article_index – cbs_maintenance_mode (new) – cbs_section_language (new)

#64 2008-12-15 08:45:00

lee

Thanks for the update and improvements.

#65 2008-12-15 20:04:43

jstubbs
Website

Looking forward to trying this out and using it to replace the rss_live_search plugin. Thanks!

#66 2009-03-06 17:52:51

koobs

I’m having an issue that I’m hoping someone can help with…

When hitting enter, I’m not being taken to the default search page as specified.

My code is <txp:cbs_live_search section="search" default_value="Enter search term" results_excerpts="true" />

I’ve noticed that when I hit enter the address in the adress bar is http://localhost:9000/index.php?q=test , surely this should be http://localhost:9000/?s=search&q=test

Any help would be appreciated

#67 2009-03-09 20:43:53

koobs

Please can anyone help with the issue above?

Thanks

#68 2009-03-27 10:57:18

mrjysta

This is great! Is there any way of disabling the ‘enter’ press?? As I don’t have a search results page, Or have it return to a specific section?? Let me know, Thanks/

#69 2009-05-21 20:37:19

lous

hey,
is there a way to show a submit button? And also to wrap it, cause i want a image as button ;D

thanks

#70 2009-05-23 13:32:38

lous

no one here? :D

#71 2009-05-23 14:14:09

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

lous wrote:

hey,
is there a way to show a submit button? And also to wrap it, cause i want a image as button ;D

You can specify any image as background for submit button – no need to wrap.
Touching this plugin and submit button – i thought this is ajax search – search results appear as you finish typing or while you type. Are you sure you want submit button? :) If “yes”, did you look in plugin help?

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#72 2009-05-23 16:51:56

lous

Ya im sure i want a button :D and ya i looked in the plugin help but i cant find anything related to a button

Board footer