Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#31 2006-10-27 21:22:04

soulship
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] cbs_live_search

Thanks It’s working great for me. Much appreciated. Great documentation too.

#32 2006-10-29 12:40:18

Saigo
Website

I love this plugin, thanks a lot for creating it! :)

I’ve one nagging question, and it’s just for aesthetics reasons. How do I change the listing of the results from using <br> tags to using <li>? I want to use the same tiny sunflower image next to the name of the article concerned, such as the ones in my Archives section.

Edit: Obviously I don’t know what wraptags are, gotta learn more about it. I had it solved!

Last edited by Saigo (2006-10-29 15:50:37)

#33 2006-10-29 20:57:27

cbeyls
Plugin Author
Website

Nice website. Happy you like the plugin.

I made some mootools scripts lately, and I’m also contributing to mootools (look at the mootools changelog) which I think is a great javascript framework.

Last edited by cbeyls (2006-10-29 21:01:06)

My plugins : cbs_live_search (improved) – cbs_category_list – cbs_navigation_menu – cbs_gravatar (updated) – cbs_article_index – cbs_maintenance_mode (new) – cbs_section_language (new)

#34 2006-12-02 21:59:28

WhiteDog

I have to say this is the most amazing plug-in I have used to date and your documentation makes it stupendously easy to understand. Thank you so much for all your time and hardwork!

Grrr RRR nnndth grrr Skeek!

#35 2007-01-07 11:42:21

anand
Website

Hi there , i have installed the plugin cbs_live_search, but it doesn’t seem to work, i always get 0 article found , when entering a word and pressing enter it seem to work but i don’t get any result in the dropdown
for a look check out http://test.anandsueman.com/
Anyone can tell me how to fix the problem ?

Last edited by anand (2007-01-07 11:59:26)

#36 2007-02-05 21:18:00

jstubbs
Website

This plugin stops working with the latest version of mootools – v.1. I tried including ALL components on the mootools download page, and it still does not work. Warning for others – hopefully Christophe will update his plugin…

TXP Tips | @txptips | Me | @jonathanstubbs | Github

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp @txpbuilders

#37 2007-02-06 15:57:52

carbon

Having recently picked up mooTools 1.0 for another project, I’ll see if I can’t take a look at the plugin source and find a fix.

I’ve also pinged Christophe about it.

#38 2007-02-06 18:22:53

cbeyls
Plugin Author
Website

I’ll make the new release available very soon.

My plugins : cbs_live_search (improved) – cbs_category_list – cbs_navigation_menu – cbs_gravatar (updated) – cbs_article_index – cbs_maintenance_mode (new) – cbs_section_language (new)

#39 2007-02-20 08:31:00

heternova

Salut Christophe,
I’m having some problems with your plug-in. I’m not a js-guru, so I could tell you some stupid things :-)

I went on the mootools website, download section: I took a js with all the native scirpts plus all the addons. The problem here, is that I didn’t find the fx.js and ajax.js (actually the name of the addons are common dom hash color). I uploaded both, the mootools.js and the livesearch.js on my webserver.

I wrote two lines on the head :
<script type=“text/javascript” src=“http://www.e-crime.ch/laenggasse/js/mootools.js”></script>
<script type=“text/javascript” src=“http://www.e-crime.ch/laenggasse/js/livesearch.js”></script>

Than I uploaded the plug-in in txp and actived it.

Than I put this line in the article:
<txp:cbs_live_search defaultvalue=“Live suchen…” />

The problem is, the search engine work well, but I have no ajax effect. I have javascript enable.

When I click on the search field, the words “Live suchen…” didn’t disappear, the live search doesn’t work (I have to click enter to have the result).

Beacause I’m totally ignorant in javascript, I tried with the complete mootools (all the components), but nothing changed.

I don’t know if is it possible to give you the url (sorry mod if I didn’t respect the rules)

http://www.e-crime.ch/blog/

I need some help… :-)
Many thanks
Heter

P.S: I’m sorry, I posted before reading the thread. quel con! Excuse-moi Christophe de t’avoir envoyé aussi un email sur ton site perso, j’avais pas lu qu’avec le mootools 1.0 ton plugin ne marchait plus. Sorry, et merci beaucoup pour ton effort !

Last edited by heternova (2007-02-20 13:31:22)

#40 2007-02-28 19:58:18

jstubbs
Website

Hi Christophe, any luck yet with the new version of the plugin? Thanks for your efforts, its a great plugin.

TXP Tips | @txptips | Me | @jonathanstubbs | Github

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp @txpbuilders

Board footer