Plugin Author
Website

Re: [archived] gbp_l10n - Multilingual Publishing

heikki74 wrote:

bq..Besides translation, I have done this:
  • messy urls
  • txp:gbp_localize -tag around page template
  • txp:gbp_localize -tag around article form

http://www.domain.com/en/ doesn’t show any localizations.
Have I missed some required step?

Thanks heikki74, another bug fixed :) The link to gbp_l10n has been updated. Once installed you will need to update gbp_l10n preferences again.

#26 2006-07-04 10:47:06

heikki74

Thank YOU!

Couple of questions:
  • is it possible to make working links to newer/older articles when content is localized? (now or in the future)
  • do you think you can make clean urls work? (txp thinks that “en” is a section when using /section/title)

#27 2006-07-04 11:15:46

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

A message of mine has been lost, maybe my fault (preview without submit?).

I’d like to point out that I solved the issue about sections list not appearing in my localistation > section subtabs. It may be worthy to know that there was a collation issue with database. Graeme used a latin1_swedish_ci charset in the db, while my db is utf8_general_ci.

When executing the select query for the section list the db was telling:

Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='

I changed all latin swedish to utf8 (using phpmyadmin), and everythingh worked.
That said, I’ve no idea if this could keep working when I transfer the db to a db that use latin1 general… Maybe this need further investigation.

Hope this is useful.

Bye

Z-

#28 2006-07-04 11:55:06

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

heikki74 wrote:

Thank YOU!

Couple of questions:

• is it possible to make working links to newer/older articles when content is localized? (now or in the future)
  • do you think you can make clean urls work? (txp thinks that “en” is a section when using /section/title)

Clean urls are in the works, as are links to newer and older. Both as part of my rewrite of gbp_faux_static

#29 2006-07-11 07:08:57

heikki74

Translated articles are in the different table so they are not included in the search.
Do you have any ideas regarding that? Is the only solution to write a custom search plugin?

#30 2006-07-11 11:09:16

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

heikki

Translated articles are in the different table so they are not included in the search.
Do you have any ideas regarding that? Is the only solution to write a custom search plugin?

I know Graeme has been aware of this for some time and have been talking with him about it. I plan to start working on this very problem within the week by changing how the article translations are stored, that should do away with the need for a custom search.

Steve

#31 2006-07-16 03:12:22

jayrope
Plugin Author
Website Mastodon

hello all, new here. i am strongly interested in multilingual publishing aswell. i’d go ahead and install the gbp plugin(s), but i am confused now about compatibility to php 4 versions. i read about issues with version 5, but my serverhost only provides 4.4.2 (with mysql 4.1.18 standard) – i can’t influence that, unfortunately. woudl it still make sense for me to install the plugs and contribute?

in any case: a very welcomed effort of you all 8)

jayrope / kliklak.net / berlin
(not running with textpattern yet due to multilingual setup)

A hole turned upside down is a dome, when there’s also gravity.

#32 2006-07-16 09:29:39

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

jayrope wrote:

hello all, new here. i am strongly interested in multilingual publishing aswell. i’d go ahead and install the gbp plugin(s), but i am confused now about compatibility to php 4 versions. i read about issues with version 5, but my serverhost only provides 4.4.2 (with mysql 4.1.18 standard) – i can’t influence that, unfortunately. woudl it still make sense for me to install the plugs and contribute?

The current version is compatible with both PHP 4 & 5. We are aiming to make sure all the future version are also compatible with PHP 4 & 5.

At the moment though there are some key localisation features, such as searching and feeds, which are missing. I’m working with net-carver on improving it and we’re also working on some other cool stuff. As I said in my first post it’s “not ready to be used on a live site” as there are going to be some changes in the way we store the localised data.

#33 2006-07-21 04:52:09

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

A quick update…

Graeme and I have been working long hours on the multi-lingual publishing field (which is why I’ve been absent from the forum for some time) and we have made progress in several areas. The next major piece to be worked on is the localised article storage.

We will keep you posted.

Steve

#34 2006-07-21 09:59:01

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Hey Steve, I’m still there.I have been working on some other things, apart from that I’ve been out of town.
I’ll contact you shortly.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#35 2006-08-19 00:58:45

jayrope
Plugin Author
Website Mastodon

i will install your plug now finally and test it. my php skills are somewhat mediocre, but if neede i could try and help on plugin development.
in any case i am going to installk this now and woul djust like to remind if you guys already checked for 4.0.4 compatibility?

tooot

A hole turned upside down is a dome, when there’s also gravity.

#36 2006-08-20 10:34:56

Exiladler
Website

First of all Thanks for this extremelty useful mod. I did get it to work after some initial problems. Once the tags were added to all pages AND forms it starte working BUT only in one language, not both that I had hoped to have available.

Any clues as to why only the first language is working? In Preferences Languages I have the following : de, es whereby English is the default language. Do I need to separate them with something other than the comma?

Regards
Peter

Board footer