Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Cosmetic Surgery

#97 2006-10-20 13:15:14

Ace of Dubs

Re: Cosmetic Surgery

I like this idea a lot. Just edited that wiki page a bit myself. Will post more stuff there when I get a chance

#98 2006-10-20 14:28:06

jakob
Admin
Website

hazel, I only just realised you can only see the Flickr Group if you’re a member of the group. You’ve gathered lots of stuff there already. I added a few screenshots from three admin-area versions of mine.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#99 2006-10-20 18:12:40

marco

jakob wrote:

Why not make those Flickr shots public? After all, the forum post are public, so why restrict access on Flickr to something which is already public? Wouldn’t you benefit more if more people see them? having those mock-ups collected on Flickr is a good idea, but the group restriction is not.

#100 2006-10-20 19:23:38

jakob
Admin
Website

marco, maybe something got mixed up there with your blockquote – that’s not what I wrote, but sure it would be better to have them public. hazel wrote on the TASR textbook page that there’s some kind of technical reason for it, so I don’t think it’s purposely so:

(because the images are screenshots and not ‘photos’, Flickr will hide them and tell you you can’t see them. You have to sign in/up and join the group to see them, sorry.)

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#101 2006-10-21 00:04:30

hazel

Flickr has some crazy rule about ‘non-photo’ images not being public. I found this out after the fact, and after much head-scratching. The group is public, the photo permissions are public, but they still don’t show (unless youre signed in and part of the group). As Flickr doesnt let you batch export (on purpose I guess), theyre kind of stuck there. -100 karma points for Flickr.

#102 2006-10-21 00:27:22

marco

jakob wrote:

marco, maybe something got mixed up there with your blockquote – that’s not what I wrote, but sure it would be better to have them public. hazel wrote on the TASR textbook page that there’s some kind of technical reason for it, so I don’t think it’s purposely so:

(because the images are screenshots and not ‘photos’, Flickr will hide them and tell you you can’t see them. You have to sign in/up and join the group to see them, sorry.)

I was logged in, but not a member of the group, and could not see any photo.

I doubt that Flickr can tell that an “admin.jpg” screen capture is different from a “landscape.jpg” that is a photo, unles they get the image EXIF, but then a lot of photos are saved with EXIF info stripped from them and are displayed publicly, so what gives?

Last edited by marco (2006-10-21 00:27:50)

#103 2006-10-21 01:03:24

hazel

If your account has less than 50% ‘real photos’ it’s marked ‘NIPSA (not in public site areas)’ and none of your public photos show up in groups, searches etc (presumably they have real people checking the accounts, or a clever robot).

As all the photos in the group are from my account at the moment (bar the one’s Jakob just uploaded ;), I guess that’s the problem.

It’s unfortunate, but let’s move on…

Last edited by hazel (2006-10-21 01:28:09)

#104 2006-10-27 23:38:30

hazel

Hi everyone,

I finally got some time to post my notes to the TASR page.

This is stuff I’ve picked up from the various threads on this topic. I’ve reorganised a few things too, but hopefully for the better.

Specifically I made a separate page for collecting feature ideas/wishlist stuff. This needs some editing (grouping the ideas into themes, feel free :). I did run into some problems trying to define the scope of the TASR project. This shouldnt turn into a dumping ground of any and all feature ideas, so I came up with some guidelines which suggest your idea should ‘relate directly to how the Txp admin functions’. Its a little vague, but it’s the best I could do.

I think the best thing would be to just post ideas there and forget about them, for now… while we focus on getting the markup/CSS done.

So without further ado, I’d like to open the discussion on agreeing the markup naming conventions (with due regard to rloaderro’s essential reading). This could/should maybe be another thread, depending on Mary’s thoughts.

Last edited by hazel (2006-10-28 00:07:57)

#105 2006-11-23 16:34:23

hazel

So that went well :-/

Does anyone know of any progress with the markup in Crockery? I havnt been keeping up with Trac for a while.

#106 2006-11-23 16:57:59

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

hazel wrote:

So that went well :-/

Yikes, can’t believe November went by that fast. These last couple months of the year are always a blur with work and the holidays. On the side I am working to release a new plugin and right now that has my attention, so I apologize for slacking off. I look forward to being able to put time back into this during the end of year holidays or after December.

Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Cosmetic Surgery

Board footer