You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2006-11-28 19:55:05

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: aro_slideshow

hi Francis!

my header is here..

I think the problem here is the linked scripts must be placed in the following order: 1. prototype; 2. moo; 3. slideshow. It is in the FAQ at the start of this thread but it is sorta hidden down near the bottom. The next version of the plugin (to be released before the end of the year) will use the mootools framework so should avoid this problem.

Here is what I use in an article.

With the scripts linked in the correct order you should not call the plugin as you have done, but rather:

<txp:aro_slideshow img=“8,7,6” wait=“2” />

I think the duplicate instances of each script are creating the problems in some browsers.

I am on a mac, and it doesn’t work for Firefox 1.0.7.

To be honest I’m not sure if the prototype/moo framework is supported in FF 1. If you are still having problems after correcting the issues I have mentioned above, try downloading a newer version of Firefox (FF 2 was just released – FF 1.5 was released over a year ago).

Also, if I have the de-bug option enabled in Textpattern, I get lots and lots of errors..

How embarassing for me! To be honest I never tried this and It makes complete sense why these errors appear. This will be corrected in the next version of the plugin but should have no effect on the plugin working correctly with debugging turned off.

It works on Safari, with a studder/jump once in a while, other people mentioned that in this thread.

This is corrected by tweaking your CSS. The plugin places the IMG inside of a DIV. If the IMG has padding, borders, margins, etc.. you must apply those styles to the DIV and remove them from the IMG. Some of this is mentioned in troubleshooting at the start of this thread. In the next version I will try to automate most of this. The new version will be a huge enhancement – featuring various navigation schemes, fancier transitions, better code throughout and hopefully easier installation!

Let me know if you are still having problems in the meantime!

Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

#62 2006-11-28 22:13:41

francis_dean_10

WOW, thanks so much. I got it to work in Firefox, Now I am attacking the CSS. I really appreciate you helping out people on this thread.

Great Plugin, B.T.W. You are the man.

#63 2006-12-16 18:44:37

mrdale
Website

Thanks again for this nice plugin.

Request: It’d be nice if I could use a parent category, and have images assigned to all child categories show up.

What do you think?
Also did you have any thoughts on post #22?

#64 2006-12-23 16:26:51

jstubbs
Website

Hi, any news on the update to mootools? I am using mootools already for another script, so makes no sense to use moo.fx AND mootools on the same site. Looking forward to using this plugin!

#65 2006-12-23 22:08:36

jameslomax
Website

Sheesh, this is very confusing.

Is this a plug in you get working within TXP, or do you have to mess with other code: js etc?

I’m not a coder, so when jargon and terminology gets used (Prototype javascript library, Moofx Prototype library etc.) its impossible for me to understand some of these instructions. I don’t know what those things are.

Can anyone give me some step-by-step instructions on what to do?
Heres what I want to do:

1) I already have several image categories for my photographs
2) I want to run a slideshow for every one of those categories
3) I need some step-by-step instructions :)

Last edited by jameslomax (2006-12-23 22:12:15)

#66 2006-12-25 12:55:11

deepstereo

Hey James,

You don’t really need to mess with javascript, you just need to download the respective .js files and place them in either root directory or a specific /js folder in your website’s location and then put a link to them in your page template. Here’s a step-by-step (I’m not too good in these, but hope you’ll understand :)

1) install the plugin and download the necessary .js files (there are links in the plugin help)
2) create a folder called ‘js’ in your website’s root directory and put the .js files there
3) insert the following lines in the <head> tag of the page template (via presentation—>pages) to link your page to javascript libraries

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/prototype.lite.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/moo.fx.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/slideshow.js"></script>

4) use the following (or similar) code to insert a slideshow (either in your page template or as a separate form):
<txp:aro_slideshow cat="your_category_name" wait="5" prototype="1" moo="1" slideshow="1"/>
(check for other parameters in the plugin help)

Hope that helps!
Happy Xmas :)

#67 2006-12-26 17:51:44

jameslomax
Website

OK thanks, I think I understand that.

There’s a problem though: the first two .js files are unavailable – they’re dead links.
Can someone rectify this, either by changing the links or providing some new ones pointing to the requisite files?

#68 2006-12-26 20:34:01

mrdale
Website

prototype
moo.fx

You may have to rename the prototype files for the exact names required by the plugin.

Tip for mrlomax: when a link is broken, back out a directory or two and you’ll often solve the prob…

Last edited by mrdale (2006-12-26 20:35:37)

#69 2006-12-27 11:27:26

jameslomax
Website

Yay, got it to work – sort of. It was appearing on the front page and in the archives though, so the next step is to make it appear as a specific article, although making use of an entire category. Know how I do that? – I’ve turned it off for now, because it’s messing with my site for the above reason.

#70 2006-12-28 08:20:41

deepstereo

I guess, you’ll then need to place the <txp:aro_slideshow /> tag in the article and the page of course must link to the .js libraries

#71 2007-01-02 16:21:34

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

jstubbs wrote:

Hi, any news on the update to mootools? I am using mootools already for another script, so makes no sense to use moo.fx AND mootools on the same site. Looking forward to using this plugin!

Yes! I have ported the plugin to the mootools framework and made a lot of enhancements. I will have a test page online this week! Hope everyone had a nice holiday/vacation!

Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

#72 2007-01-02 17:45:54

mrdale
Website

Hi rloaderro… Thanks again.

Any chance this plugin could be aware of nested categories? That is when a parent category is selected via the attribute, it display’s images from all of the child categories?

OK realized I’m repeating #63, but perhaps it’s worth a bump

Oh, and I know Xmas is done, but any thoughts about “title” and “caption” display attributes?

Board footer