Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2006-07-03 09:57:29

rui

Re: aro_slideshow

rloaderro : Thanks for this great plugin!

I used it in Quanto Baste with the settings: <code><txp:aro_slideshow cat=“cat_name” wait=“2” /></code>

Works great!!!

All the Best,
rui

#50 2006-07-21 08:13:08

visualpeople
Website

Here’s an odd one that I just noticed.

On Firefox for the Mac (1.5.0.4) and Camino (Version 2006021400 (1.0)) The text all over the page pulses (goes from almost bold to normal text) proportionate to whatever the fade time is. ie. if the fade is set for 5 seconds, the text pulses every five seconds.

I think I have everything set up correctly, I’m using the latest versions of the plugin and the javascript files and I’ve tried to change every variable, including calling the thumbnails only and trying to call just the category, but the text won’t stop pulsing in those two browsers. (It seems fine, by the way, in Firefox for Windows)

Here’s what I’ve got:
The site (bear with me a bit, it’s still in development, so some links aren’t working, etc.) is at azTechcs.com

Here’s the code on my page:
<code>
<txp:aro_slideshow wait=“2” fade=“3” img=“10,11,12,13,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26” />
</code>

The weird thing is that I’m using this plugin on our site VisualPeople.com and I don’t seem to get the pulsing, though I do see the pulsing text on both of the above sites posted by rui and skoggy

Otherwise, I absolutely love this plugin!

Last edited by visualpeople (2006-07-21 15:35:40)

#51 2006-07-21 11:36:40

TNT
Website

visualpeople:

The sites you’re referring to, don’t have a <code>background-color</code> assigned to the div in which aro_slideshow is working. I’m not able to visit your website right now, so I can’t confirm this for azTechs.com.

This is my guess, since I had the same thing with moo.fx using the accordion effect. It is a known ‘bug’: I read it on the support pages of moo.fx.

Prrrrrrrr

#52 2006-07-21 16:16:51

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

TNT wrote:

This is my guess, since I had the same thing with moo.fx using the accordion effect. It is a known ‘bug’: I read it on the support pages of moo.fx.

Yes, but this is only IE related – it should have nothing to do with the strange effect on FF/Camino for Mac. That being said, it couldn’t hurt to try it!! (actually a background-color for any element with a color attribute is already recommended by the W3C)..

Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

#53 2006-07-21 16:54:19

rui

rloaderro wrote:

I’m using the same version of FF as you on the Mac and I’m not experiencing your problem(…)

Me too :)

On the Mac using Firefox, Camino and Safari: all fine!

@Visualpeople: This is really odd…, but I also believe in you:) These are strange times indeed!

All the Best,
rui

#54 2006-07-21 17:09:37

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

visualpeople wrote:

Here’s an odd one that I just noticed.

I’m using the same version of FF as you on the Mac and I’m not experiencing your problem – It could be a plugin conflict if you are using a lot of extensions?!. I would recommend always validating your XHTML (I guess there are some errors).

I did experience the effect you are describing though and it was related to javascript in FF (though nothing to do with this plugin) – but it was a long time ago with, probably, an older version of the browser/OS and I don’t remember what the problem ended up being or how I was able to fix it. I know that doesn’t help much, but I do believe you! :)

btw- Googling this turned up nothing, so maybe we are the only ones to have experienced this?!

Is it just me or are my posts showing up twice? I deleted a duplicate and both copies were erased, so I am re-posting this just in case…

Last edited by rloaderro (2006-07-21 17:11:02)

Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

#55 2006-07-26 07:16:25

visualpeople
Website

On Firefox for the Mac (1.5.0.4) and Camino (Version 2006021400 (1.0)) The text all over the page pulses (goes from almost bold to normal text). The site is at azTechcs.com

Thanks to all three of you for your suggestions, but I’ve narrowed it down a bit. I don’t think it’s the background color as that’s set now, and it shouldn’t be a validation issue — everything validates. I’m still trying different combinations, to get it figured out.

I just figured out (I think) why it’s not happening for you, though. Are you on a PowerPC Mac or an Intel Mac? I’m doing almost everything on my Intel iMac now, and when I double checked it, I tried on my wife’s Intel iMac, but just when I thought I was losing my mind completely, I had a thought and checked it on my G4 server and sure enough, no pulsing text! So it seems almost certain it’s an Intel-code only problem.

So, that narrows the audience even more to who is affected by this, but I’d still like to nip it in the bud.

I’ll keep trying and report back WHEN I get it figured out…

#56 2006-09-22 15:25:42

tracyfloyd

FYI, if you do any wacky customizing to the plugin, IE has to have the width and height assigned to the img tag or it will not show the slideshow images. (Firefox/Safari will show it fine without this defined)

#57 2006-09-22 18:40:14

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hello, have you seen that mootools is out? It’s a great new JS framework. It contains the next version of moo.fx .

I think that your plugin should work with mootools instead of prototype + moo.fx, but you need to test it. If it’s compatible, you can mention it in the FAQ.

My plugins : cbs_live_search (improved) – cbs_category_list – cbs_navigation_menu – cbs_gravatar (updated) – cbs_article_index – cbs_maintenance_mode (new) – cbs_section_language (new)

#58 2006-10-31 12:43:38

lee

Christophe, I tried your suggestion but it didn’t work.

#59 2006-11-14 11:18:58

MVB
Website

Hello, Is it possible to show the newest image in the database first, and then ‘go back in time’? If it is, it would be a perfect plugin for me..

#60 2006-11-28 18:08:47

francis_dean_10

ok, ok, I really needed this plugin, since I was moving a bunch of automatic slideshows from flash to textpattern. So I have been following this thread very carefully, doing all that was shown and told to do.

So here is where I am at.

my header is here..

<code><script type=“text/javascript” src=”<txp:site_url />js/slideshow.js”></script>
<script type=“text/javascript” src=”<txp:site_url />js/prototype.lite.js”></script>
<script type=“text/javascript” src=”<txp:site_url />js/moo.fx.js”></script></code>

Here is what I use in an article. Through trial and error, this is the only way I was able to get the tag to work.

<code><txp:aro_slideshow img=“8,7,6” wait=“2” prototype=“1” moo=“1” slideshow=“1” /></code>

Problems.

I am on a mac, and it doesn’t work for Firefox 1.0.7. It works on Safari, with a studder/jump once in a while, other people mentioned that in this thread.

Also, if I have the de-bug option enabled in Textpattern, I get lots and lots of errors… I feel bad pasting the errors, since it runs about 3 pages, but here is an example.

tag_error <txp:aro_slideshow img=“11,10,9” wait=“2” prototype=“1” moo=“1” slideshow=“1” /> -> Notice: Undefined variable: category on line 20
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(512) : eval()’d code:20 aro_slideshow()
textpattern/publish.php:958 aro_slideshow()
processtags()
textpattern/publish.php:917 preg_replace_callback()
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php:1785 parse()
textpattern/publish.php:958 body()
processtags()

So I have followed this thread and done everything that was mentioned to do to get this to work. How can I get it to work for Firefox? And what is up with the tag erros?

Thanks.

here is my Diagnostic info if anyone wants to see it, maybe there is a problem with my PHP version?? or something like that.

Textpattern version: 4.0.4 (r1956)
Last Update: 2006-11-24 18:55:05/2006-11-25 03:15:46
Document root: /home/virtual/site171/fst/var/www/html
$path_to_site: /home/virtual/site171/fst/var/www/html/site.com
Textpattern path: /home/virtual/site171/fst/var/www/html/site.com/textpattern
Permanent link mode: section_title
Temporary directory path: /home/virtual/site171/fst/var/www/html/site.com/temp
Site URL: www.site.com
PHP version: 4.4.1
Register globals: 1
Server Local Time: 2006-11-28 10:06:27
MySQL: 3.23.58
Locale: en_GB.UTF-8
Server: Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)
PHP Server API: apache2filter
RFC 2616 headers:
Server OS: Linux 2.4.21-37.ELsmp
Active plugins: zem_article_info-0.2, zem_ir-0.5, zem_link-0.3, aro_slideshow-0.4.1

Pre-flight check:
————————————
/home/virtual/site171/fst/var/www/html/site.com/textpattern/setup/ still exists
Old placeholder file is in the way: /home/virtual/site171/fst/var/www/html/site.com/work
————————————

.htaccess file contents:
————————————
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
#Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteBase /

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php </IfModule>

————————————

Last edited by francis_dean_10 (2006-11-28 18:10:43)

Board footer