Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2006-06-10 19:15:23

photonomad
Website

Re: aro_slideshow

thanks for a cool plugin!

is there an easy way to extend the time that single images are displayed? i.e. – the time BETWEEN transitions.
(i understand that I can control the duration of the transition — it would just be nice to control how long each image displays prior to transitioning)

Also – is there a way to make the slideshow link to a section of the site? I wrapped the aro_slideshow tag with a link and it causes the slide show to jump in position (just a couple of pix down) each time the show starts again

Last edited by photonomad (2006-06-10 19:17:50)

#38 2006-06-12 17:01:48

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

is there an easy way to extend the time that single images are displayed?

Hey! Thanks for the good idea! I will try to have an updated version this week.

Also – is there a way to make the slideshow link to a section of the site?

I will look into this too.

Travel Atlas * Org | Start Somewhere

#39 2006-06-17 12:49:38

lee

Hi Aeron, any way to instruct the plugin to use thumb images and not the main image?

Cheers, Lee.

#40 2006-06-20 19:25:06

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

New version!! Important the way the javascript is handled has been changed. Please read the setup instructions in the first post of this thread. Additionally, if you were using the linked javascript slideshow.js you must download the updated version as well. Note that the slideshow.js no longer contains the prototype and moo code – those libraries must be linked apart. Note also some of the older attributes have been depreciated.

lee wrote:

Hi Aeron, any way to instruct the plugin to use thumb images and not the main image?

hi lee! Try the plugin with the new thumb="1" attribute

*photonomad wrote:8

is there an easy way to extend the time that single images are displayed? i.e. – the time BETWEEN transitions.

hi photonomad! Try the plugin with the new wait="number_of_seconds" attribute. Note that the previous attribute to control the time of the fade effect – ms – has been deprecited. The new attribute is happily enough fade="number_of_seconds". Note also that both atts use whole seconds instead of miliseconds as it was before.

Also – is there a way to make the slideshow link to a section of the site?

yes! You should be able to use the plugin tag from within any html link or txp permlink. If there are problems they can probably be resolved by tweaking your CSS. Read the little bit on troubleshooting in the first post of this thread or in the plugin help.

Last edited by rloaderro (2006-06-20 19:58:00)

#41 2006-06-20 20:54:07

lee

Cheers.

#42 2006-06-21 23:33:50

dobidolots

No more jumping image problem since installing the latest version of the plugin v0.4 and following the setup instructions carefully.

I checked out the forum and found the notice about floats in css, changed my #photo div in the template form I’m using -(removed the float for this particular div, set ‘margin’ for alignment, then a ‘clear’ and voila…slide-show’s steady as a Mac Truck!

I have checked it out on the Mac – OS 10.4 in both Safari and FireFox and both work consistently, fine and well. I will also try it out on the pc running xp home, on ie and firefox also.

I have been playing with some of the other attributes and must say; this plugin is the best thing yet for TextPattern. I will really be able to put this to good use. Thank you very much for creating it and thanks especially for the fantastic support you are providing.

#43 2006-06-24 13:47:33

lee

Hi rloaderro, I’m a bit lost again.

I’ve linked prototype.lite.js, moo.fx.js and the new slideshow.js in the head and put <code><txp:aro_slideshow cat=“rotating”/></code> in a form, but no images are showing. I’ve got 3 images in cat rotating.

Do I need to use all 3 scripts and should I be using any attributes to get it working in it’s basic state?

Thanks again, Lee.

#44 2006-06-26 01:48:49

curiouz

Hi rloaderro,

I’ve added < txp:aro_slideshow img=“13,14,15,16” slideshow=“1” /> to my page but it’s only showing one static image. I did link the slideshow.js from within my html document. Is it essential to link to a javascript library to get this plugin to work? I’ve also tried linking all three libraries but with no luck.

Thanks!

#45 2006-06-26 16:09:43

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

lee wrote:

I’ve linked prototype.lite.js, moo.fx.js and the new slideshow.js in the head and put <code><txp:aro_slideshow cat=“rotating”/></code> in a form, but no images are showing. I’ve got 3 images in cat rotating.

hi Lee! If no images are showing than it’s a problem with the php and not the javascript. Are you sure the plugin is enabled? Also check the spelling of the category name.

Do I need to use all 3 scripts and should I be using any attributes to get it working in it’s basic state?

In your example you are using it correctly. In fact I tried it out here on a clean install of TXP with a category named “rotating” and with 3 images and it worked fine.

Ah! Also remember that it puts the images inside a div – so if your CSS has a declaration like: div { display: none; } it might not work either :) Please check the source of the HTML, you should see at least some code starting: <div class="slideshow">. If you do not see this then the plugin is not enabled or it cannot find the category of images you indicated. Please let me know if there are still problems!!

#46 2006-06-26 16:14:57

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

curiouz wrote:

I’ve added < txp:aro_slideshow img=“13,14,15,16” slideshow=“1” /> to my page but it’s only showing one static image. I did link the slideshow.js from within my html document. Is it essential to link to a javascript library to get this plugin to work? I’ve also tried linking all three libraries but with no luck.

hi Curiouz. It is not essential to link to any javascript library, but it is recommended. If you do not want to link to any library you must call the plugin with the following attributes (plus whatever additional attributes you might need): <txp:aro_slideshow prototype="1" moo="1" slideshow="1" />. But if you call the plugin with these attributes and link to the libraries as well than there will be javascript conflicts. I guess for debugging, try calling it with the attributes I listed above without any linked libraries. If everything works A-OK link the libraries and call it without the attributes.

One important note I just discovered. If you are linking the libraries it is actually super important that they are linked in the following order:

1. prototype library
  2. moo library
  3. slideshow library

If they are not linked in that order the slideshow will not work.

#47 2006-06-27 08:51:30

skoggy
Website

rloaderro : Super plugin!

Question: Has anyone tried to use several slideshows on one page? Say – thumbs slideshow for every article in a articlelist… (frontpage) Would that make the site really slow? Guess I can try for my self but it would be nice to if anyone has experience of this type of use of the plugin.

Currently redesigning and here you see my intended use of this plugin. (For the moment only tested with firefox and lots of loose ends codewise)

#48 2006-06-27 16:09:53

rloaderro
Archived Plugin Author
Website

skoggy wrote:

Question: Has anyone tried to use several slideshows on one page? Say – thumbs slideshow for every article in a articlelist… (frontpage) Would that make the site really slow? Guess I can try for my self but it would be nice to if anyone has experience of this type of use of the plugin.

I’ve tested it with two and it ran fine. Of course other javascript animations will be effected on slower machines. I would love to hear the results if you test it with a dozen or so articles though!!

btw – The redesign looks great!!

Board footer