Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-06-28 17:08:20

M_i

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] sed_comment_pack

net-carver wrote:

Thanks to M_i for spotting the high query rate!

I didn’t spot anything. I think what you mean is “Thanks to M_i’s host for spotting the high query rate!”

Or at the very least, “Thanks to M_i for being so cheap that she puts up with a crappy host that immediately complains as soon as the query rate goes up a wee bit where decent hosts would have left her putter on in peace”

;)

Thanks again for the quick update.

#14 2006-10-28 07:34:33

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Version 0.5 is now available.

It plays nicely with TxP 4.0.4 and has a new feature allowing css markup of any comments.

Enjoy!

Steve

#15 2006-11-02 10:08:26

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Zelkova

Sorry, that can’t be done with the comment pack at the moment and I don’t really have time to look into this as a new feature. If I remember rightly, there was a post in the plugin request forum for something like ‘threaded comments’. You might want to take a look at that and see if it’s the same thing as you want and post a request to that thread.

Steve

#16 2007-02-02 23:55:27

gluteus

Hello Steve
Thanks a lot for your plugin. I’m using 0.5 and the sdr_guestbook hacked by you. Now I’m working with txp4.0.4 and I’ve got a strange problem. I’m posting here because I guess its a problem with the comment pack.
Problem with the preview
I use one form (I call it sed) in the guestbook tag as commentform=“sed”. It’s the listing 1 from your manual. This one shows all fine in the guestbook. Also the author comment works perfect.

Now, when I’m pressing “preview”, the content of the textarea is on one line without breaks. I looked in the source code and there was no styiling at all. If I change now something and then press again “preview”, the hole content of the textarea disappears. But when I’m pressing “submit” then it shows all correct in the guestbook, even with breaks.

Since there is no “comments_preview” in 4.0.4 I have no idea where to look for this problem.

Could you please help me? Or just give me a hint?

Thanks a lot

dave

#17 2007-02-03 04:10:00

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Dave

Thanks for the post. I’ll look into that when I get some time — probably middle of next week — as I am about to return to the UK with my family and will be offline until at least Tuesday.

Last edited by net-carver (2007-02-03 04:12:01)

Steve

#18 2007-02-03 13:43:25

gluteus

Steve

Now I noticed another thing:
When I leave all fields empty and press preview, there is no error notice, that the fields are required. I set it so in my preferences.

Thanks

dave

#19 2007-02-06 11:33:19

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

dave

could this have anything to do with your experience?

Steve

#20 2007-02-06 14:18:16

gluteus

steve

It could, but I think in this subject it does not. :-)
Your link matters the preferences in the admin tab. there works all fine. In my page there is my problem. Perhaps you could have a look at it: guestbook.
Please try also to leave all fields blank and then press preview. You won’t get any error message.

If you need some forms, please tell me wich one.

Thanks

#21 2007-02-06 16:03:54

els

Hi Dave,

Steve asked me to have a look at your problem because I’m using the same combination of this plugin and the guestbook plugin. Though I hadn’t noticed it myself yet, the same thing with the previews is happening on my site. I tried it with both 0.4 and 0.5 and it makes no difference. So I suppose it must be some change in 4.0.4 that is causing this, because I’m sure this did not happen before (unfortunately I don’t have a site left that uses 4.0.3, so I can’t prove this).
I’ll try and have a look at this but I’m not a coder so I don’t know if I will find something. But until Steve will have time again it’s all I can do…

Second, the error messages not showing up, is something else I think, because on my site they display allright. It looks like a missing <txp:comments_error />, in my case it’s in the form ‘comment_form’, can you check if you have one?

Edit: It’s not the comment_pack, without the guestbook plugin it’s working fine. So it’s probably something in the guestbook plugin that doesn’t work nicely with 4.0.4. I’ll keep searching…

Last edited by els (2007-02-06 16:20:55)

#22 2007-02-06 17:24:56

gluteus

Hi Els

Thank you for helping me! It’s a pleasure to be in the txp community!

Of course it was the comments_error tag that was missing. Stupid. And unfortunately I was using an old pdf printout taglist…

Next question in this matter: is it possible to personalize and/or to translate the error message? Do I have to go into the code? It should’nt be a big problem to me, but perhaps there is a better solution. If yes, do you know by the way the php file to change the error output?

It’s really exciting to work with txp and you people.

dave

#23 2007-02-06 17:33:13

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Dave

Els is a great asset to the community!

Regarding translation — the strings used by TxP are stored in a database table called txp_lang so you could use a tool like phpMyAdmin to go into the table and edit the data used in those strings.

Alternatively take a look at the MLP Pack which has facilities to do string searching and localisation. If you don’t want to go to the extreme of installing the pack to change a few strings just let me know the text of the strings you want to change and I’ll post back the names of the entries in the txp_lang table that you need to edit.

Last edited by net-carver (2007-02-06 17:55:32)

Steve

Board footer