Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2005-10-20 07:57:19

beztak
Website

Re: [archived] rei_recent_comments: Recent Comments Unordend List

Please, does somebody know how to make recent comments “zebra”? So every even comment will have a specific class?

Last edited by beztak (2005-10-20 09:16:39)

#38 2005-11-11 15:43:03

oldi

Is anyone having problem with this plugin when using 4.0.2

Because when i click on the link of the recent comments i get an error page saying it can’t find the page of the article. I notice that the url is messy something like this /index.php?id=32#c000007. I think it worked ok when i was using 4.0.1 or probably i hadn’t noticed before.

#39 2005-11-12 21:05:46

ReinierBiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Try this, I made a quick hack. Let me know if it works!

http://www.reinier.biz/txp_plugins/rei_recent_comments.txt

VC88 | Nah, there weren’t really eighty-eight of them. They just called themselves “The Crazy 88.”

#40 2005-11-14 13:41:33

oldi

when i try to install it i get this message

Notice: Undefined variable: author in /web/sites/205/morava/www.morava.f2s.com/book/textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php on line 208

Notice: Undefined variable: author_uri in /web/sites/205/morava/www.morava.f2s.com/book/textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php on line 209

Notice: Undefined variable: version in /web/sites/205/morava/www.morava.f2s.com/book/textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php on line 210

Notice: Undefined variable: description in /web/sites/205/morava/www.morava.f2s.com/book/textpattern/include/txp_plugin.php on line 211

#41 2005-11-14 19:05:50

ReinierBiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I updated the plugin:
http://www.reinier.biz/txp_plugins/rei_recent_comments.txt

FYI: Notices from PHP aren’t a big deal, the code works fine.

VC88 | Nah, there weren’t really eighty-eight of them. They just called themselves “The Crazy 88.”

#42 2005-11-14 20:51:27

oldi

yes, it works fine

thanks a lot

#43 2005-11-15 16:33:12

ReinierBiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’ll be working on a ‘zebra’ function. I think it’s finished somewhere this weekend.

#44 2005-11-24 09:37:44

kellner
Website

A few more thoughts/questions/suggestions:

- the “labeltag” isn’t used, meaning that the label of the recent comments list is part of the unordered list rather than being placed inside a special labeltag on top of it. (This is like the bug we’ve had in older Txp versions.)
- links are in messy mode even though my site is set to clean url mode. No idea why.
- I use “ul” as wraptag and “li” as break, and textile is allowed in comments (it’s not for the older comments that were importend from WordPress). The latter setting seems to entail that comment messages are automatically wrapped in a “p” tag in the database. As a result, the words from the message are automatically wrapped in “p” as well in the recent comments list, which is not nice if they are then embedded in “li”. Would it be possible to strip a surrounding “p” from the comment message in the plugin before the output code is computed?

Thanks!

#45 2005-11-25 17:20:27

kellner
Website

Just found out how to strip tags from the comment message. In case anyone else would like to get rid of them:

in the plugin code, right before “$wrds = explode(” “,$message);”, add this line:
“$message = strip_tags($message);”

#46 2006-10-25 21:01:57

molly
Website

I totally love this plugin, but I have one feature request: when a comment is classified as “spam,” it still shows up in the recent comments list unless I delete it.

It’s not a big deal, except that when some lowlife puts a spam comment on my website, it still shows up on my “recent comments” page until I delete it. I have another wonderful plugin that automatically classifies them as spam for me. (love to mrw_spamkeywords_urlcount)

#47 2006-10-25 21:02:20

molly
Website

I totally love this plugin, but I have one feature request: when a comment is classified as “spam,” it still shows up in the recent comments list unless I delete it.

It’s not a big deal, except that when some lowlife puts a spam comment on my website, it still shows up on my “recent comments” page until I delete it. I have another wonderful plugin that automatically classifies them as spam for me. (love to mrw_spamkeywords_urlcount)

#48 2006-10-25 21:02:44

molly
Website

Board footer