Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#41 2006-03-15 05:54:21

OIZee
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

gdtroiano wrote:

RewriteRule ^tag/(.+)/$ ?s=tag&t=$1

…and if you are using lighttpd server, you’ll need the following two lines (notice the starting ‘/’):

url.rewrite-once = ( “^/tag/(.+)/$” => “/index.php?s=tag&t=$1” )
server.error-handler-404 = “/index.php”

That is if you have named your tag section “tag” and textpattern is at the root of your website.

Regards
Brian

#42 2006-03-15 09:33:08

pospel
Website

truist wrote:

Change your tru_tags_handler call to add a <code>form=“yourform”</code> attribute. It works just like txp:article.

Thanks, you should add this to plugin documentation :)
Also, it will be great if tru_tags_from_article can return a just plain tags list, not only list of tag search links.

And it will be really nice if it was possible to specify not only font sizes for tru_tags_cloud but also styling css classes, for flexible cloud output – for example, i prefer tags in tag cloud to differ not only by size, but also by color – this improves usability.

Anyway thanks for great thing, you plugin totally rocks.

#43 2006-03-15 12:04:05

sthmtc
Website

gdtroiano wrote:

Do you mean how tags with more than one word are shown as tag%20name in the url?

this would be important for me too. would it be possible to change

<code>/tag/foo%20bar/</code> to <code>/tag/foobar/</code> or <code>/tag/foo-bar/</code>

?

Last edited by sthmtc (2006-03-15 12:05:14)

#44 2006-03-16 14:10:09

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks, you should add this to plugin documentation :)

It is, sort of. It mentions that tru_tags_handler supports all the txp:article attributes.

Also, it will be great if tru_tags_from_article can return a just plain tags list, not only list of tag search links.

Do you mean where they were literally not links? You could get that appearance with a wraptag and a class and some stylesheet work. But it could also be done in code – can you just confirm that that’s what you want?

for example, i prefer tags in tag cloud to differ not only by size, but also by color

I like that idea, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen such a cloud – can you show me an example? I’m not sure how to implement it.

this would be important for me too. would it be possible to change /tag/foo%20bar/ to /tag/foobar/ or /tag/foo-bar/

Ahhh, now I understand. I’ll start working on this :)

#45 2006-03-16 16:09:01

pospel
Website

Do you mean where they were literally not links? You could get that appearance with a wraptag and a class and some stylesheet work. But it could also be done in code – can you just confirm that that’s what you want?

Yes, I meant just plain list like without any html tags. Something like switching tag output adding attribute generatelinks=“off/on”.

As for advanced styling the tag cloud, instead of font-size: 100%-200% you can add to every tag class definitions like: class=“tagStyle01”, class=“tagStyle02”, class=“tagStyle03” and so on – as much as you have steps for differing the tags in a cloud.

#46 2006-03-17 17:41:15

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Just a warning – I’m really busy all through this weekend, so it will be mid next week before I can get to any of this stuff.

you can add to every tag class definitions like: class=”tagStyle01”, class=”tagStyle02”, class=”tagStyle03” and so on

Now that you describe this feature, I’m thinking about using it myself, but I’m thinking that if I used “tagStyle01” styles like you suggested, I couldn’t do what I wanted. Specifically, I imagine that I’d probably want 3 colors (at least): one for the smallest tags, one for the largest tag(s), and one for the rest. If I just sequentially numbered the tags (based on sort order or on usage count) then I wouldn’t ever know which one was the largest. So instead, what if I used styles like “tagStyleSmallest” and “tagStyleLargest” and “tagStyleMedium”? Would that do what you want? (If necessary, I could add both sorts of styles to each tag.)

(By the way, a good example can be found on tagcloud.com)

I’m also thinking of adding feature whereby the smallest tags (e.g. those with only 1 use) could be hidden. Then you could make an “on every page” cloud with just the most popular tags, and have a link to a complete tag cloud somewhere else. Anyone else interested in such a thing?

#47 2006-03-17 23:35:32

sthmtc
Website

truist wrote: I’m also thinking of adding feature whereby the smallest tags (e.g. those with only 1 use) could be hidden. Then you could make an “on every page” cloud with just the most popular tags, and have a link to a complete tag cloud somewhere else. Anyone else interested in such a thing?

yes, that would be perfect! just wanted to ask for this functionality :)

#48 2006-03-23 15:00:06

bluearc21
Website

sthmtc wrote:

truist wrote: I’m also thinking of adding feature whereby the smallest tags (e.g. those with only 1 use) could be hidden. Then you could make an “on every page” cloud with just the most popular tags, and have a link to a complete tag cloud somewhere else. Anyone else interested in such a thing?

yes, that would be perfect! just wanted to ask for this functionality :)

Ditto. thanks for the great plugin!

“If you build it, they will come.”

#49 2006-03-25 16:35:32

pospel
Website

Hey, truist, any news about new feutures? ;)

#50 2006-03-25 17:46:33

bluearc21
Website

Yeah, I really like how Flickr doesn’t include tags with only 1 photo attached in their “top tags cloud”. This back to you question of if it should be included functionality in the tru_tags plug.

Thanks for the great plugin!

“If you build it, they will come.”

Board footer