Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#381 2008-01-06 19:06:02

merz1
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

Thread: Textpattern in the media incl. blogs, video, audio etc. (Links)

Like a press section in the forum. OK. Here we go:

I need some support (or critic) for this new thread

‘Textpattern in the media’ – New main folder in the forum?

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#382 2008-01-11 18:58:25

merz1
Website

Feature request: external links, inline tag links, pull tagged pictures i.e. from Flickr, pull tagged videos from i.e. YouTube

Reading the Pivot documentation about tags I found some very nice features which can be enabled for tag search result pages.

Example tag page picture

As you can see it lists the entries on your weblog that have been tagged with that tag, it shows the related tags, buttons to fetch feeds with links from various external sources, and a few images from Flickr that have been tagged with it.

Setting the options for tags picture

Advanced: Automatically pull and display external tag RSS feeds.

I like the option to automatically link to external tag result pages.

I also like the Pivot [[tt]] template tag to create inline tag links in article context.

<txp:tru_tags_tag tag="keyword" />

Using this code would produce a tag link.
Additional argument: url="" to create an external tag link.
Predefined external sources (admin side) will be convenient.

Last edited by merz1 (2008-12-08 13:34:41)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#383 2008-01-23 03:03:09

kyber

Ref: clickable list of tags on the “Write” page:

I have only recently installed this plug-in but I love it already and have tagged many articles and have the standard display/link functions working in the manner one would expect.

One oddity that I cannot understand though is that in Opera (v9.25 build 8827) for Windows the tags were (sic) happily showing up correctly on the Write screen below the keywords box when all of a sudden they stopped showing up. Works fine in Internet Explorer but suddenly, Opera stopped playing. Can see the code is present to show them when I look at the source. I am wondering if I have too many tags already for the display code to work in Opera.

Any ideas?

#384 2008-01-23 13:22:59

truist
Plugin Author
Website

There have been a couple of reports like this. Can you paste a copy of your current tag cloud here? Maybe that will lead to a clue.

#385 2008-01-23 18:09:07

kyber

afs, asthma, authors, backups, blogs, board games, books, brother, cameras, camping, cars, cats, company cars, computers, d3, d300, data-recovery, dogs, dog trust, dog walking, dominica, driving, equipment, flickr, forums, fruit, funny, gig, hardware, health, holidays, hotel, laptops, lilleshall, models, monopoly. games, monument, newport photography club, nikon, pets, photography, photos, portraiture, sayings, security, shoot, site, spain, technology, textpattern, traffic, website, work, zoo

#386 2008-01-26 20:33:55

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Maybe it is just an opera bug. I tried adding all those tags to my test site, and everything worked just fine in Firefox. Does opera have any sort of javascript debugger?

#387 2008-02-16 16:45:15

kyber

it does; been playing but really cannot get to what is causing the problem. Weird. Nevermind. Does not seem to be a problem for anyone else so must be peculiar to my configuration in some way. Thanks for trying it out.

#388 2008-03-10 01:00:01

aswihart
Website

For some reason, when using the tag search to display articles, if there is only one tagged article, I get a 404 error. All the other tag pages are working fine. Is this normal behavior or is something wrong? This happens also when I reverted to dirty urls.

Last edited by aswihart (2008-03-10 01:06:46)

#389 2008-03-10 01:22:51

truist
Plugin Author
Website

It’s not a known problem, and I just tested it on my site and it seems to be working. What is the tag in question? Does it show up in the tag cloud? What URL is being used?

#390 2008-03-10 01:43:21

aswihart
Website

Yes, all the tags show up in my cloud. It happens with any tag with only one article associated with it, for example on my site: dfa or video. I think it was working fine, before I upgraded to 4.06 and did a number of other things on my site, but I can’t think of what I could have done. Haven’t touched my .htaccess file.

On an off-note, I found a nice way to give you relevant meta data for keywords on tag search pages and all your tagged articles:

<txp:if_section name="tag">
<meta name="keywords" content="<txp:tru_tags_tag_parameter />,<txp:tru_tags_related_tags_from_search generatelinks="0" setclasses="0" setsizes="0" />" />
<txp:else />
<meta name="keywords" content="<txp:keywords />" />
</txp:if_section>

Last edited by aswihart (2008-03-10 02:22:14)

Board footer