<div class="archive">
  <h3><txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink></h3>
  <h4>~ <txp:posted format="%b %Y" /></h4>
</div>

#446 2008-06-05 22:13:23

merz1
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

Oops, using <txp:if_section name="section"> in the form tru_tags_feed_tags seems not to work.
Only the <txp:else /> condition is shown in the feed.

Can somebody confirm or deny the issue?

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#447 2008-06-06 12:49:40

merz1
Website

Maintenance: Deleting or renaming del.icio.us does not work

If I remember right dots are not allowed in keywords?
Well, I started to use asv_tumblelog to import my del.icio.us bookmarks as articles (works nice btw) and set del.icio.us as keyword which returns a 404 for tag/del.icio.us.

Edit: Somehow the keywords were separated by ‘, ‘ (double spaces!) which caused the problem. Using ‘ del.icio.us’ (single space) works perfectly well. The problem seems to be that asv_tumblelog is somehow generating the double spaces. This also seems to be the reason why the deletion and renaming did not work.

• Trying to delete del.icio.us as keyword in the tru_tags extension resulted in “Updated 0 rows (“del.icio.us”=>”“)”
  • Trying to rename resulted in:

Updated 0 rows (“del.icio.us”=>“delicious”)
Redirect added (“del.icio.us”=>“delicious”) – please test it!

tag/delicious/ is also not working and gives a 404.

What can I do?

Feature request: Clean multiple spaces to a proper ‘one space’ in maintenance mode?

Last edited by merz1 (2008-06-06 14:03:19)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#448 2008-06-06 15:57:11

eas442

SOLVED: I just specified a searchform attribute and it seems to be working fine… <code><txp:tru_tags_handler searchform=“search_results” /></code>

——————————————————————-

First off. Awesome plugin love it.

I am having a small (i think) issue and after scouring this thread, the forum in general and the documentation I am at a loss.

tru_tags seems to be working great, tag cloud is appearing – but when I click on a keyword in the cloud I get a 404. The noarticles attribute is working fine – so I know that the plugin is working.

Clean URLs seem to be set up fine, but I messed around with .htaccess to no avail.
I also tried sequentially turning off/on any plugins to see if I had any conflicts – no luck there.

Tried updating to tru_tags 3.2 in the off chance that might help – still the same issue.

I am running txp 4.0.5 right now – and this site is supposed to launch very soon. I am a little wary of switching so close to launch, but if that is most likely the issue- I have no problem doing that.

Here are some more details –
Running on Apache (No IIS craziness thank you)

Plugins Running:
aam_split_custom_field 1.0
chh_article_custom 1.15
chh_article_lib 1.04
chh_related_articles 0.41
hak_article_image 0.6.3
ied_plugin_composer 0.4
jra_ext_link 0.2
lam_addthis 0.3b
mem_glinklist 0.8.5
Postmaster 0.4.4
Postmaster Library 0.2.3
rss_admin_show_adv_opts 0.3
rss_auto_excerpt 0.5
smd_if 0.51
stm_image_uploader 0.3
tcm_rss 0.1
the_video 0.8
tru_tags 3.2
wlk_email_article 0.1
zem_contact_lang 4.0.3.6
zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20

.htaccess:
#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

#Options +FollowSymLinks
#Options -Indexes

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On #RewriteBase /relative/web/path/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d RewriteRule ^(.+) – [PT,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php
</IfModule>

#php_value register_globals 0

Thanks for any help – if this is already answered and I missed it somehow I apologize.

E

Last edited by eas442 (2008-06-06 16:50:57)

#449 2008-06-07 16:52:46

WebKat

I’m completely not getting the archive thing.
Would it be possible to get these simple bits of info? (I realize that names of things can be different but for now just a set that works is what I need)

I need a new section called ________ that uses a new page called ________
I need a new form called _________

I use the above example in the form, right?
What code do I put in the page?

WebKat

#450 2008-06-30 15:54:49

kyber

livewriter does not update tag links properly

I now regularly post to my blog using livewriter but have recently realised that only the first tag gives me a valid link from the tag cloud. For example, I just posted an entry with the new and unique tags zalpha, zbeta, abd zcharlie. These three tags duly appear in the tag cloud and the first takes me to http://mysite/tag/zalpha/ where the new article is shown (it is the only one with this tag). However, http://mysite/tag/zbeta/ or /zcharlie gives me a 404 not found error.

If I go into the texpattern admin interface and resave the arcticle, all works correctly.

Any thoughts anyone?

#451 2008-06-30 16:14:28

truist
Plugin Author
Website

kyber – it’s probably a problem with the formatting of the Keywords field. Check out that field (over on the left side of the Write page, under “Advanced”) after submitting a post through livewriter, and again after manually saving the article.

OpalCat – the section, page, and form names are completely up to you, and depend on your current installation and how you want to manage things. The best advice I have (until I get the documentation written) is to first build a regular page using the FAQ (linked in my original post) and then convert that over to a tag-based archive.

All – I’m way behind on my tru_tags work again, especially the documentation. It’s going to stay that way for a while, sorry. One of the reasons is that I’m selling the truist.com domain and will be moving all the tru_tags stuff to the new domain. I have about a week to get that done. I’ll update all the links here once I do it. I’ll try to make sure all the links are updated, but you may need to update any bookmarks you have after the move.

#452 2008-06-30 16:39:07

kyber

truist, thanks for quick response – looked carefully at the difference but could not see anything obvious so I tried formatting the keyword submission in livewriter in several ways and finally found that everything works IF I use just commas but NO spaces to delimit the keywords. Thus: zfoxtrot, zgolf, zhotel means that the latter two keywords do not link correctly until the article is resaved in textpattern’s admin interface but if I enter foxtrot,zgolf,zhotel in livewriter all is well.

What is curious though is that the distinct keywords shown up in the cloud and indeed in the advanced view even when I include spaces, it is just that only the first works. Perhaps the admin interface removes redundent spaces but livewriter does not and your backend code …. nope, can’t figure it out which is why I don’t try to write these things. I just have to remember not to type spaces (a pain in the neck).

In case I forgot to mention it: great plugin, thanks for your efforts.

#453 2008-06-30 17:28:55

merz1
Website

(Edit: Oops, sorry didn’t see the latest posts)

kyber In which form does livewriter post the keywords?

With spaces? tag1, tag2, tag3
Can you try to post tags without spaces?
Can you try http://mysite/tag/%20zbeta/? (%20=space)

That the 1st tag works seems to indicate such a ‘space’ problem.

Related: See above

Note: The whole problem has nothing to do with the tru_tags plug-in but with the XML-RPC implementation available for TXP.

Last edited by merz1 (2008-06-30 17:31:47)

#454 2008-06-30 17:36:33

WebKat

truist wrote:

OpalCat – the section, page, and form names are completely up to you, and depend on your current installation and how you want to manage things. The best advice I have (until I get the documentation written) is to first build a regular page using the FAQ (linked in my original post) and then convert that over to a tag-based archive.

Yes, I understand that. I tried that and could not get it to work. That’s why I said that I knew the names can be whatever but I would like to see an example of something that works. If you give me an example that would work, then I could customize it later. For now I just want to get it to work. That’s why I asked for examples in a very clear and simple way. The FAQ did not give me the information I needed. I was able to make a regular archive but I can’t get the tag archive to work. Can you pretty pretty pretty please just give me an actual example that doesn’t require me to make up my own variables and so on? I understand that the actual names depend on my settings and such, but I need an example that is internally consistent to use as a reference. Hell, use terms like “foo” or whatever, I just would like to see a an example of a working model’s code, not just an explanation of how to come up with the code myself. I need something I can cut and paste and then edit, rather than instructions for how to start from scratch. I need to know things like “this form is called X and is an article/misc/whatever form” and “this code goes in an article/in a page/in a form” that kind of stuff. I need to see how the parts interrelate. As I said, I tried to do it myself already and was not able to figure it out. I hope that I’ve explained what I need a little better?

Last edited by OpalCat (2008-06-30 17:40:13)

WebKat

#455 2008-06-30 18:51:38

kyber

merz – thanks for taking the time to offer some suggestions, as you saw I did crack it when I left spaces out – during my experiments, I tried with a space in he uri and this also failed. I am happy to accept that the problem is with xml-rpc but it is strange that the tags are shown in the cloud and come up on admin page where a resave (no edits) solves the problem. I did wonder if it was a perfectly reasonable parsing limitation in the backend code for tru_tags (problem in common with any other backend processing of tags). When I have time, I shall have a look at what gets entered into the database from a livewriter push (that much I can do).

#456 2008-06-30 18:52:09

els

OpalCat, here’s a quick example I’m using. (I don’t use separate pages for sections so I’m using if_section.)

On the page:

<txp:if_section name="tag">
		<div id="tag">
		<txp:tru_tags_if_tag_search>
			<h2>Tag: <txp:tru_tags_tag_parameter striphyphens="1" /></h2>
			<txp:tru_tags_handler section="artikelen" form="tag_results" noarticles="/tag/" />
		<txp:else />
			<h2>Alle tags</h2>
			<txp:tru_tags_cloud wraptag="ul" break="li" breakclass="tag" />
		</txp:tru_tags_if_tag_search>
		</div>
</txp:if_section>

Form ‘tag_results’:

<div class="taglist">

<h3 class="tag"><a href="<txp:permlink />" title="link naar <txp:title />"><txp:title /></a></h3>

<p><txp:rss_auto_excerpt words="25" overrideexcerpt="1" ending=" " linktext=" ...lees verder" linkwraptag="" wrapreadmore="1" showlinkwithbody="1" striptags="1" /></p>

</div>

I hope you can work it out from here.

Board footer