Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#141 2011-03-07 22:51:11

jpdupont

Re: ied_plugin_composer - new plugins never came that easy

I get this warning on some plugins :

Warning: file_get_contents(/tmp/tti_fbox_help.txtl) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type in /home/www/ee1d834bc4a24e2803fc7f7db26ab389/web/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(638) : eval()'d code on line 1068

or

Warning: file_get_contents(/tmp/adi_gps_help.txtl) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type in /home/www/ee1d834bc4a24e2803fc7f7db26ab389/web/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(638) : eval()'d code on line 1068

#142 2012-08-01 01:51:23

Bloke
Developer
Website

For the first time in absolutely ages, ied_plugin_composer has a new beta. But please note it only runs on Txp 4.5.0.

Features:

• Many more installation options hidden under the Installation twisty. Although the panel isn’t very pretty because I suck at design (layout improvements welcome, btw) you can now upload .txt files in addition to .php files, and install plugins by pasting exactly like the regular plugins panel (but without the verification step). The New Plugin Name box has been improved too so if you upload a plugin and specify a name, it takes that name instead of the one in the plugin file.
  • Textpack support. Once you assign a prefix to your gTxt strings, the composer automatically tracks their usage in your code and allows you to write translations in any language. You may also import strings from your existing plugin and convert them to standard gTxt() calls (see plugin help for step-by-step instructions). Textpacks can be bundled with the plugin or exported separately when publishing.
  • Support for more syntax editors, and complete control over their configuration (see Setup).
  • Save Code button* which saves just the code via AJAX for rapid saving. More goodies will appear on this toolbar soon.
  • AJAX enable / disable.
  • Multi-edit.
  • Hide some interface elements for speeding up your workflow.
  • Control over lifecycle event firing (tools will appear soon for manually testing them to simulate installation, deletion, etc).

* Note that for reasons best known to Phil’s CSS and my shoddy markup, the position of the Save Code button is hidden under the twisty panel (and also the Setup button is partially hidden). Hopefully between me & Phil we’ll figure out a fix sometime soon.

It’s a significant upgrade that’s been months in the making. I hope it’s worth it.

It still has one or two little things I’d like to polish and I want to find a way round the Hive button bar bug, but I think it’s robust enough to unleash. So if you’re running a nightly version of 4.5.0 grab a copy of v1.00 beta and please report your findings. I’m especially interested in the Textpack integration and whether it fits with people’s workflows. I think it’s flexible enough to work in any way you prefer, but if I’ve made any stupid assumptions or you can think of a way to improve it, please let me know.

The composer itself uses a Textpack now, so if anyone wants to submit a translation I’ll roll it into future plugin versions. When .org finally hits the ground we’ll have an area where people can share Textpacks directly so others can download them. More details as and when we get time to focus on it.

Many thanks in advance for testing this. I hope it serves you well.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#143 2012-08-01 03:42:58

colak
Admin
Website

Hi stef.

Installed it on 4.5 beta but when I click on any of the edit links in the composer page I get

I’m sorry. I’m afraid I can’t do that. I think ied_plugin_composer ied_plugin_edit is no safe operation at this time.

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | neme-imca.org | hblack.net | LABS

#144 2012-08-01 08:44:33

Bloke
Developer
Website

colak wrote:

I’m sorry. I’m afraid I can’t do that. I think ied_plugin_composer ied_plugin_edit is no safe operation at this time.

Weird. Works ok for me. You could try changing the line near the top of the plugin that reads:

'ied_plugin_edit' => true,

and change the true to false. But that’s only a temporary fix. It sounds, especially given your problems with rvm_privileged and this plugin, that things aren’t quite installed or set up correctly on your server. Not sure why though. I assume you’ve done a complete hard-refresh to flush any browser cache?

Last edited by Bloke (2012-08-01 08:45:21)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern.

#145 2012-08-01 09:03:16

colak
Admin
Website

Bloke wrote:

Hi Stef

and change the true to false. But that’s only a temporary fix.

that fixed the problem.

It sounds, especially given your problems with rvm_privileged and this plugin, that things aren’t quite installed or set up correctly on your server. Not sure why though. I assume you’ve done a complete hard-refresh to flush any browser cache?

I am not running the betas on a live site. I created a subdirectory in one of my domains to check it all before upgrading when the final version comes. I could grand you access to the site if that will help you.

>Edited to add that rvm_privileged started working today:)

Last edited by colak (2012-08-01 09:06:40)

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | neme-imca.org | hblack.net | LABS

#146 2012-08-01 09:20:48

phiw13
Plugin Author
Website

Stef,

Quite a few UI-design issues in this screenshot.
The highlighted ‘Upload’ should start a new paragraph, me thinks. I’m trying to understand the rest.
Does the ‘set up’ button really need to be one with a class ‘publish’? That type of button is reserved for ‘Saving’ in my understanding of the TXP-UI. In this case it just loads the options pane.

I’ll see later how the plugin works on my side (goes reading the help file…)

#147 2012-08-08 00:05:43

maniqui
Website

Bloke wrote:

For the first time in absolutely ages, ied_plugin_composer has a new beta. But please note it only runs on Txp 4.5.0.

Being that the previous betas of ied_plugin_composer_v1.00 worked in Txp 4.4.1, could you consider bumping the plugin version? If not, I’ll have some ied_plugin_composer_v1.00_beta.php that are 4.4.1 compatible and others ied_plugin_composer_v1.00_beta.php that are Txp > 4.5.0 only compatible.
I know I’m being too picky, sorry :)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#148 2012-08-08 19:02:05

maniqui
Website

I’ve just dropped the ied_plugin_composer.php file into the plugins cache, and it worked almost flawlessly: only missing things are all the plugin lang strings. I understand (and confirm) that the lang strings get installed when I do a “normal” installation (i.e. paste .txt content -> hit Install -> activate plugin).
But then, I’ve to request: could there be a way to manually run the installation of text strings for ied_plugin_composer when it’s installed by dropping it into the plugin cache dir? Thanks :)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#149 2012-08-08 21:56:29

Gocom
Developer
Website

maniqui wrote:

But then, I’ve to request: could there be a way to manually run the installation of text strings for ied_plugin_composer when it’s installed by dropping it into the plugin cache dir?

Translations are part of the composed plugin installation package itself. They are handled and installed by the plugin installer itself, and as such, are not part of the code itself. The plugin’s source code intentionally doesn’t contain those strings.

How I’ve handled the situation is by offering individual textpacks (Textpattern’s translation files) in the source repositories (e.g. rah_sitemap/textpacks). If someone decides to use just the raw source or needs multiple languages, they can install the translations from those files. Textpack files can be installed from Language Preferences panel.

In the future (during 2013?) I will be most likely dropping the constantly ran installer fallback too in favor of just relaying to plugin lifecycle callbacks, after which the installer needs to be ran manually using command-line or PHP interface if the plugin installation steps are skipped. This is to limit resource use and resolve potential errors.

Last edited by Gocom (2012-08-08 21:57:55)

Rah-plugins | What? I’m a little confused… again :-) <txp:is_god />

#150 2012-08-11 08:48:08

Bloke
Developer
Website

Yeah the ui still needs work. Please continue to highlight issues and I’ll get to them when I can. And yeah textpacks will need to be sourced separately. The .org redesign will have this feature eventually. Anyone who has installed it in the db can export the strings for you in the meantime. I’ll add a separate textpacks link on my site at some point.

Board footer