Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#109 2009-03-08 08:05:36

gerhard
Plugin Author
Website

Re: ied_plugin_composer - new plugins never came that easy

Hey guys, I’ve taken this on-board, there are only 3 places where glz_custom_fields needs to add its CSS & JS: write, advanced preferences & plugin itself. This will make its way into v1.2 stable, we’re currently on beta.

#110 2009-03-08 08:29:40

azw

That’s good news, Gerhard! I’m also glad to hear that the next version is coming along. Thanks!

#111 2009-04-11 19:39:35

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Another minor update. v0.83 alters the CSS block output delimiters.

Instead of using <!-- --- BEGIN PLUGIN CSS --- --> it uses <!-- *** BEGIN PLUGIN CSS *** --> when Textiled. The reason is due to a pretty obscure parsing problem that rears its head because the validator sees the first set of --- and thinks the first two dashes are the end of the HTML comment. It then gets very confused and the end result is an invalid page. Hopefully switching to asterisks will keep the validator happy; or at least happier! My pages still complain that the <style> block cannot appear where it does, but that might be some other unrelated problem with my pages. Please report if you have any weirdness with this version after you’ve saved your plugins with it to convert the help files to the new delimiter.

A couple of other minor internal tweaks round off the update.

The next major version is 0.9, which is available for testing if anyone wants it. It requires the latest SVN (approaching TXP 4.0.9) because it supports the new lifecycle management system and larger codespace column. Anyone wanting to try it out, get in touch.

Last edited by Bloke (2009-04-11 19:40:19)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#112 2009-08-20 16:28:10

jstubbs
Website

Downloaded and installed 0.83 from here because I have to compile a version of ign_password_protect.

I installed the plugin (using file upload) and it seemed ok, but now I see Restricted Area in my admin – what gives??!

#113 2009-08-20 16:37:57

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jstubbs wrote:

but now I see Restricted Area in my admin – what gives??!

After you installed ied_plugin_composer or after you created the ign_password_protect plugin from the composer’s interface? If the former, I assume you are using a Publisher account? If not you’ll see a Restricted Area under Extensions -> Plugin Composer.

EDIT: If the latter then it’s down to igner’s code or the way you uploaded it. Are you editing the existing ign_pw plugin or trying to upload a new one? You need to use the composer’s Upload plugin from PHP file: browser (I assume this is what you mean you’ve done!)

If you list the plugins again from the composer’s tab, do you see ign_pw_protect in the list?

Last edited by Bloke (2009-08-20 16:43:36)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#114 2009-08-20 16:45:41

jstubbs
Website

Funny – logged out of Safari and now after opening again I am able to get in. I am using a test version of ign_pw on Jeremy’s GitHub account.

Seems ok now, only thing is the plugin help is screwed up from Plugins > ign_pw, but looks ok from Extensions > ied_ > ign_pw help.

#115 2009-08-20 16:46:34

jstubbs
Website

Yes, I used :Upload plugin from PHP file:”.

#116 2009-08-20 16:49:19

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jstubbs wrote:

only thing is the plugin help is screwed up from Plugins > ign_pw, but looks ok from Extensions > ied_ > ign_pw help.

Yes it will. The help in the Plugin Template that you downloaded is raw Textile. The Admin->plugins tab won’t compile it to HTML as it assumes the plugin help is already HTML. The composer doesn’t assume this so it renders both types correctly.

Glad you got it working. Odd behaviour, though.

Last edited by Bloke (2009-08-20 16:49:57)

#117 2009-08-20 17:00:32

jstubbs
Website

Is there a way to change the help from the plugins tab – I only installed ied_ to compile Jeremy’s version for testing and will remove it later.

#118 2009-08-20 17:31:09

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jstubbs wrote:

Is there a way to change the help from the plugins tab

No but you can do this to convert it to a “proper” (non-template) plugin:

1. Click the plugin’s name in the Composer to Edit it
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the page
  3. Export as either a standard or compressed plugin then install the plugin as normal using the .txt file in the Admin->Plugins tab OR copy ‘n’ paste the plugin text from the Composer’s ‘distribution’ box and paste it into the Admin->Plugins tab

The plugin help will be compiled to HTML in the process.

#119 2009-08-29 17:22:28

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

v0.9 is released. This one requires TXP 4.2.0+.

Features:

• Support for writing plugins with the new plugin prefs and plugin lifecycle events
  • Plugins up to 16Mb may be created
  • Latest official plugin template is generated / read
  • Backwards-compatible bug fix for pre-v0.83 style blocks

Anyone who used the beta 0.9, please upgrade to this official version as there have been a few changes since then.

#120 2009-12-15 15:35:38

pieman
Website

Stef, I just uploaded a site I made locally to a Windows server (gasp).

Diagnostics shows “Clean URLs are only supported by Apache, use at your own risk. ?”, but I can live with messy URLs for this job.

Everything else seems OK, except for a bit of strange behaviour from ied_plugin_composer.

I’m running most of my plugins from the filesystem, and as you’d expect, they’re listed there under Plugins that run from plugin_cache_dir: in the ied_plugin_composer tab. But none of them seem to be active. The only extensions tab I have is for ied_plugin_composer, and in Testing mode the front ends shows a heap of Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist errors.

Weird, no? I’m blaming Windows, and even if it turns out to be user error on my part I still reserve the right to blame Windows.

Board footer