Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2006-02-23 12:34:50

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] bas_lightbox (Thumbnail galery with unobtrusive javascript)

Moon, i’m sorry. On my site i want to use the alt txt instead of the caption. I included a attribute to manage that, but for some reason included also <code>$caption = ‘alt’;</code>. This is senseless and breaks your caption.
Remove that from plugins code. Its in <code> function bas_lightbox</code>, the first line of code after extracting $atts.

#26 2006-02-24 00:42:00

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] bas_lightbox (Thumbnail galery with unobtrusive javascript)

Version 0.3

• I hope, i fixed the javascript subdir problem
  • Removed hardcoded caption. By default images caption will be used as caption. You can set caption=“alt” or caption=“name” to display the alt-text or image name instead.

#27 2006-02-24 01:15:34

moon
Website

> Bastian wrote:

> Moon, i’m sorry. On my site i want to use the alt txt instead of the caption. I included a attribute to manage that, but for some reason included also <code>$caption = ‘alt’;</code>. This is senseless and breaks your caption.
Remove that from plugins code. Its in <code> function bas_lightbox</code>, the first line of code after extracting $atts.

No Problem, I’ve installed ver 0.3 and it works great now. You can see it at http://rnt.ewmullin.com/

Thanks for a great plugin. Now to figure out how to make a little more dynamic…random images, stuff like that.

#28 2006-02-24 02:30:23

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

panik wrote earlier:
<blockquote>
do you plan to add “next” and “prev” links next to the overlaid images?
can i easily swap the lightbox sript with lightbox plus? http://serennz.cool.ne.jp/sb/sp/lightbox/
</blockquote>

The next and prevs links i will add, when i have the time to get deeper in the javascript. Can take a while.

Lightbox Plus: I dont like this expand feature in IE and i dont find the advantage of Lightbox Plus
But feel free to use my code to include it

#29 2006-02-25 02:00:36

coffeepostal
Website

First, I’d like to thank you, Bastian, for such a great job!

I’m getting a weird error on only one of my blogs. When ever I include the <code><txp:bas_lightbox img=“339” /></code> tag, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: dolabel() in /home/httpd/vhosts/coffeepostal.com/subdomains/ashleyhay/httpdocs/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 44

Line 44 in the plugin code is regarding the “dolabel” function, but I don’t know PHP well enough to tell what’s going on. I’ve successfully installed the plugin on one other blog, so it very well might be me, but I don’t know where to begin looking.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

#30 2006-02-25 02:12:15

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

That doLabel function is part of txp
textpattern/publish/taghandlers.php line 1444

So that is a strange one.
Dont know, why it happens

#31 2006-02-25 02:35:07

coffeepostal
Website

I needed to upgrade to 4.0.3, I was running 4.0.1 on that blog, and it didn’t like the plugin, all’s well now!

Thanks Bastian for your help!

#32 2006-02-27 13:22:01

-jw-

Now that’s a nifty plugin, thanks very much bastian. One little question though.

In the caption I would like to have a link to the contact page (which states: like it? contact us or something). However a <a href="contact">contact</a> aint working. This link is partially placed outside the thumb and when clicking it, it opens the original image in the lightbox.

For me this would be a nice to have and nothing more. I can happily work around it. But if there is someone who knows how to achieve this, please let me know

thanks
- jw -

textile deletes my identity

#33 2006-03-09 15:57:01

rossharvey
Website

I followed the install instructions properly and still can’t get this to work. I’m using TXP 4.0.3 and the latest release of this plugin (0.3).

When I click the thumbnail link the full sized image is shown (just the image, no overlay etc). It’s as if the plugin Javascript is being ignored/not working. Javascript is enabled on my browser.

Some help would be appreciated!

#34 2006-03-09 16:42:16

gdtroiano
Archived Plugin Author
Website

It’s mentioned at the bottom of the instructions, thus easy to miss, but the path to the overlay png needs to be changed on two lines in the css.

Maybe that’s it?

#35 2006-03-09 17:23:04

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

You have editet the plugin? In the first function you have to replace the xxx by images-id.

You included <txp:bas_lightbox_css /> into your head or you included the css from the bottom of the help into your css? With the changes cdtroiano mentioned?

#36 2006-03-10 08:12:08

lee

Hi Bastian, another suggestion if I may: It would be good to have the option to display the alt and/or the caption below the thumb image. What do you think?
Have a good weekend,
Thanks,
Lee

Board footer