Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-02-20 23:04:14

lee

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] bas_lightbox (Thumbnail galery with unobtrusive javascript)

Confirmed, the class attibute is not working.

Bastian, I’d like to make another suggestion, could a custom field be made to hold the cat please. For me this would mean a low tech user wouldn’t need to remember the tag syntax and could easliy create a gallery without any trouble.

Have to say this is probably the best image gallery plugin for TxP so far.

#14 2006-02-20 23:53:00

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] bas_lightbox (Thumbnail galery with unobtrusive javascript)

Thanks lee,
i could integrate a customfield for cat, but not as fast as cat integration. lack of time.

@nardo
Just a minute ago i checked the class attribute. it works!
I use the txp-own doWrap-function: You have to define a wraptag.
<code><txp:bas_lightbox class=‘thumbs’ ></code>
will out put no class, use
<code><txp:bas_lightbox wraptag=“div” class=‘thumbs’ ></code>
and the plugin will wrap the thumbs by an div with class thumbs

The attributes label, labeltag, wraptag, break and class are all empty by default.
Should they have an default value. For example a unordered list with class=“lightbox-thumbs” or something like this?

#15 2006-02-21 03:30:46

dododi

Great plugin. Thanks for all the excellent work.

I am also unable to find any reference to the thumbs class. are you able to provide the css for the class.

Also I can’t get overlay.png file working. Everything else seems fine but the overlay is not activating.

I have uploaded it and edited the plugin file but the overlay is not appearing. The “close” and “loading” images are appearing fine.

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

#16 2006-02-21 11:36:41

nardo

re: overlay.png … dododi, check the file paths in your css too

#17 2006-02-22 02:53:28

sthmtc
Website

for whatever reason this is not working here. although javascript is activated, a click on the thumbnail just opens the original image without any lightbox magic. :(
the example on bastians site works just fine, though. any ideas?

and if i can figure this out i got another question, would it be possible to get the comma separated image list from a custom field in a future version? something like this:
<code>
<txp:bas_lightbox img=”<txp:custom_field name=“image_ids” />” />
</code>

EDIT: i totally missed the part in this thread where the custom field thing has already been discussed. sorry.

Last edited by sthmtc (2006-02-22 03:51:00)

#18 2006-02-22 03:29:35

sthmtc
Website

ok i got it working now. my site is currently under construction and so its not in the webservers root but in a subdirectory. had to edit the plugin code so that it finds the JS.

Last edited by sthmtc (2006-02-22 03:29:45)

#19 2006-02-22 03:44:26

nardo

using it here … cheers bastian

#20 2006-02-22 06:32:10

dododi

I have tried every variation in my css code but it is still not appearing. I have tried removing the custom css from my stylesheet also but no luck. As mentioned the other images showing up fine.

Currently the page is located at: http://www.myurl.com/content/gallery/

I have uploaded overlay.png into http://www.myurl.com/content/images/

Text pattern is located: http://www.myurl.com/content/textpattern/

I have tried the following links within the CSS:

#overlay{ background-image: url(../images/overlay.png); } * html #overlay{background-color: #333;back\ground-color: transparent;background-image: none;filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src=”../images/overlay.png”, sizingMethod=“scale”);}

also (../../images/overlay.png), (/images/overlay.png)

All to no avail. I even tried a direct link to the file (http://www.myurl.com/content/images/overlay.png).

Any ideas on what might be going on.

Thanks

#21 2006-02-22 11:11:45

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

dododi, i have no idea whats going wrong.

> I even tried a direct link to the file (http://www.myurl.com/content/images/overlay.png).

But you are sure, that it exists?

Last edited by Bastian (2006-02-22 12:20:05)

#22 2006-02-22 13:02:19

sthmtc
Website

dododi, maybe you’re experiencing the same problem i had?
it seems that your site runs in a subdirectory.

it works for me since i’ve changed

<code>return ‘<script src=”/?bas_lightbox_js=true” type=“text/javascript”></script>’;</code>

to

<code>return ‘<script src=”/mysubdirectory/?bas_lightbox_js=true” type=“text/javascript”></script>’;</code>

#23 2006-02-22 15:16:30

Bastian
Plugin Author
Website

That could be!

I forgot to support subdir into including the javascript.

#24 2006-02-23 03:16:38

moon
Website

What’s the trick to getting the caption to show up?
Everything else works great!

Board footer