Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#97 2007-01-04 11:38:06

milosevic

Re: bos_image_display and bos_image_category for simple image gallery

Hi:

This plugin is nice, but I have a strange problem with it: it looks like sortdir and sortby dont work. I´m trying to order by name and asc and theres no response for this params and it allways display the thumbnails list by name desc. I’m sure theres no mistake in my code, so I dont know what to do.

I tried to edit de plugin code and force name / asc by default but there was no changes (well, I´m not a programmer…) I need it in asc order so I can´t use this plugin by the moment. :-( ¿any suggestion? (I´m using txp 4.0.4 and the last version of the plugin).

Thanks a lot.

<txp:rocks/>

#98 2007-01-04 12:04:14

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Hello. Which version of plugin are you using? I tried v.0.44, and it looks like it’s working properly. Sortdir asc and sortby name are fine on all tags, as far as I can see.

I vaguely remember a little bug in a very rare situation (all image having the same data!), but this shouldn’t affect the name ordering.

If you point me to a url (also privately) or give me some hint, I could give it a look.

Z-

#99 2007-01-04 12:33:58

milosevic

Thankyou Z, but I’m developing in a local server so can’t show you the page.
I’m using 0.44 version downloaded from your site. txp 4.0.4, php 4.4.4, and no other plugins (except yours).

This is the code I´m using to display de gallery (I´m putting everywhere sortby+sortdir but the result is allways de same):

< txp:bos_imgnext sortby=“name” sortdir=“asc” default=“first” wraptag=“div” / >
< txp:bos_imgprev sortby=“name” sortdir=“asc” default=“first” wraptag=“div” / >
< txp:bos_image_display sortby=“name” sortdir=“asc” default=“first” title=“1” title_tag=“p” / >

< txp:bos_image_index break=“li” wraptag=“ul” sortby=“name” sortdir=“asc” counter=“1” / >

Result:
imgprev & imgnext:ok
image_display:ok, the first one (example: “001.jpg” alt=“001” dbimageindex:1)
image_index: ordered descendant, ul list: numerated anchors ok 1 to 100, but the real order is descendant first the 100.jpg ,second 099.jpg … and last 001.jpg :-(

Last edited by milosevic (2007-01-04 12:44:55)

#100 2007-01-04 15:58:50

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

I tried to use your code for the index, and for me is working fine!

I can’t guess where the problem could be. Are you using the “ character correctly? There are no errors in the spelling?

Apart from this, I can suggest that you try changing names to two images, and use an alphabetic name (aaa, bbb), so that to see if the trouble could be the number. Maybe you’re triggering some strange combination of situations, but I can’t guess which of them. Also, try using an explicit category in the tags, if needed.

Let me know.

#101 2007-01-04 16:32:02

milosevic

Ummm, perhaps it is a problem wit my MySQL version. If I remove default=“first” from bos_imgnext / bos_imgprev I obtain this error related with mysql:

tag_error <txp:bos_imgnext sortby=“name” sortdir=“asc” wraptag=“div” class=“mas” /> -> Textpattern Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘order by ‘name’ asc limit 1’ at line 1
select * from txp_image where category=‘boda_mauricio’ and id = order by ‘name’ asc limit 1 on line 84

(this error 2 times and another 2 for imgprev).

If I click a thumbnail, the error dissapears and the next/prev control get alive.

I’ll try to upload the web to Internet this night in order to try it in another software environment.

Thank you again. I’ll tell you about.

#102 2007-01-05 17:14:18

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Anyway, with that code you are confirming that sortby name and sortdir asc are working, aren’t you?

Z-

#103 2007-08-02 04:06:27

cdtavijit
Website

Hi Iota (or anyone else),
It might be a dumb question, but how could i display my thumbs to be displayed next to each other? Normally I am a table person, but how do i do that with CSS?

#104 2007-08-02 04:16:48

mrdale
Website

floats and clears.

floatorial

#105 2007-08-02 08:54:29

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Yes, as Mrdale says. It may be a little tricky at first. You can give a look at the css used for my portfolio as an example.

Z-

#106 2007-08-02 12:55:24

cdtavijit
Website

hi Dale Chapman and Iota,
Thank you so much. It really helped me.

Now, can I ask for another help? how do I restrict the image size?

What I mean is, when I am uploading the image, if the size is not the same it will appear big or small on the screen and will overlap the divs. Is there any way that I can stop this?

Thanks a lot for your help

#107 2007-08-02 13:05:35

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

The full image can vary, and you shouldn’t assign any fixed width to the div (or li, or whatever). This is true for a given range of width: if you have really really big image you have a problem…

For the thumbnail, it’s strongly encouraged to use the same width, otherwise you can have trouble with float.
I dont’t exactly remember, but there are a bunch of plugins to help importing images and thumb generation, look for that in texptattern.org (aba_import_image, one of them: I slightly modified it, but there are some others too).

Z-

#108 2007-08-02 17:25:06

cdtavijit
Website

thanks a lot man. You have been helping a lot. I have used glx_admin_image to resize it and it was very good.

One last thing to ask, how do you paginate your gallery? I just cant seem to be able to do it.

Thanks a million man.

Board footer