Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#109 2007-08-03 08:19:38

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Re: bos_image_display and bos_image_category for simple image gallery

I have some problem. I was trying to find plugin, that can make galery without any kind of popups. bos_image_ seems to be nice variant, but there is a problem. I’m using such simple code:
<div class="images"> <txp:bos_image_display title="1" capt="1" /> <txp:bos_image_index break="li" wraptag="ul" cat="sertificates" /> </div>
It shows me thumbnail as it should. But the link to full image contains attr category, which is typed as “c”, so it’s familiar to native for txp-engine link to category. And ‘cos of this, i doubt, it doesn’t shows me the full image. Is there way to wtep over this error?

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#110 2007-08-03 11:36:10

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

@cdtavijit: what do you mean for “pagination”? I don’t have really a pagination, but a numbered index. That is done with the counter=“1” attribute for bos_image_index tag (and image=“0”). Please let me know if this answer to your problem or you are asking for a different thing.

@The_ghost: I’m not sure to understand the problem. The gallery is made up from categories, so images need to be assigned to a cat (and they must have a thumb to work). The index link has the cat inside by purpose. If you have an url maybe I can better understand the problem.

#111 2007-08-03 13:14:52

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Zanza wrote:

@The_ghost: I’m not sure to understand the problem. The gallery is made up from categories, so images need to be assigned to a cat (and they must have a thumb to work). The index link has the cat inside by purpose. If you have an url maybe I can better understand the problem.

http://www.okoshki.by/about/proverka-galerei – here is the link to galery…
http://www.okoshki.by/page.txt – it’s page code, used 1 per all site

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#112 2007-08-03 14:31:40

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Oh… I see. The plugin is meant to be used in a section page, not in articles. The generated link is build assembling only section and category. In section page there aren’t the plugin tags, so nothing is displayed.

Actually, if you try http://www.okoshki.by/about/proverka-galerei/?c=sertificates&p=32 you will see it actually works.

But it would need a plugin modification to support in-article galleries. Tell me if you’re interested (do you really need to put that thing in articles?), and eventually I’ll give it a look tomorrow.

Z-

#113 2007-08-03 18:53:47

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Yes, it would be great, if there will appear the bug fix for this. But why i’m the only who has mentioned this bug? Is my site’s structure paranormal? :)

#114 2007-08-04 05:41:41

cdtavijit
Website

Hi Iota,
Sorry I was away from the computer for last two days.
Now, i dint mean the numbers in that way.

In my gallery I have 100s of imgaes. But I want the users to view thumbnails in 8 set per page. So, is i had a pagination option that does page 1, page 2, page 3. it would be great.

mm…. I hope I am clear on what I am asking. =D

#115 2007-08-04 09:11:23

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

@The Ghost: I simply use (and so I think many user) galleries in sections, not in articles: for me it makes sense. Also, there is many way to organize article images in galleries, with other tags and plugin, and I didn’t thought about it. I’ll let you know, it shouldn’t be difficult, but it will need some testing.

@Cdtavijit: Sorry, pagination is not supported. I vaguely remember another plugin that maybe can do it, but I never used pagination. I prefere organizing in categories and subcategories (album) my images. For that I put up the bos_album plugin, that use bos_image_display as a library and let you easily organize images like in my portfolio. You should be able to do it even without the bos_album plugin, but it involves playing with if_category conditionals. No pagination for now. :-(

#116 2007-08-04 09:22:48

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

2 iota:
So, i need make a section with it’s own pagecode where i should place box_image_ plugin?

#117 2007-08-04 09:31:45

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

@The_Ghost: Ops… looking at the source code I noticed that I actually already did it: just use the in_article=“1” attribute in bos_image_index, and you shoud be able to use your gallery inside articles.

It has been a long time since I modified the code, and I forgot it… ;-P

Let me know if this solved.

Last edited by Zanza (2007-08-04 09:33:34)

#118 2007-08-05 01:50:06

cdtavijit
Website

@ iota : thanks alot. You have been very very helpful.

#119 2007-08-05 09:36:33

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

2iota – Thanks! It’s great now! The only is to decide – which way of showing the image ti choose – slimbox or bos_image…

P.S. May be you should update plugin help?

#120 2007-08-05 10:28:12

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Plugin help should already have the in_article thing. In my version it has. Don’t you?

Also, consider that the plug will stand without JS, because this is the way I need. There already are great solution like slimbox if you need that way of presenting it. They are two basically different concept of navigating through gallery, so choose as you like.

Bye

Z-

Board footer