Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#121 2006-06-10 14:53:14

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [archived] bab_newsletter: Newsletter Manager for Textpattern

dtorgerson,

Hi, sorry for the trouble. The only difference I can see (or think of) is that you’re running on “C:/” — does that make any difference? Can you use php’s “mail()” function in there?

– Ben

#122 2006-06-10 14:59:15

maarten
Website

Excellent plugin but I have some problems styling the subscribe form. Is there a way to remove the border from it?

Nobody? please?

Last edited by maarten (2006-06-14 08:25:37)

#123 2006-08-01 16:17:06

xjosie729
Website

On the preferences page, I entered the admin email address, but when I clicked “Set Newsletter Preferences”, the page refreshes and nothing is in the input fields.

Josie

#124 2006-08-02 23:53:55

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

xjosie729,

are the tables installed? When you first install the plugin, a link should appear on the admin page to “Install Tables”. Have you done that?

maarten,

The code for the subscribe form is taken from zem_contact_reborn, so maybe check out this thread or this article for assistance. Remember that what you learn will have to be adapted to work with bab_subscribe.

The next version of this plugin uses the zem_contact_reborn API to just use that excellent plugin, instead of reworking it.

– Ben

#125 2006-08-03 00:13:09

xjosie729
Website

Yes. The tables were installed.

Josie

#126 2006-08-07 05:11:21

montom

Fantastic plugin!

One question – is there anyway I can view the entered names of my subscribers? Right now the subscriber tab shows only the list of emails.

Thanks!

#127 2006-08-08 23:44:47

Walker
Plugin Author
Website

benbruce, I think that the newest version of textpattern broke your plugin.

I’m talking about this (checking your plugin against the latest, what will be Textpattern 4.0.4).

Last edited by Walker (2006-08-08 23:45:09)

#128 2006-08-10 00:30:47

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

xjosie,

There may be an issue with your DB prefix — several people have had problems there. If the tables are installed, and you’re entering preferences and saving them (but they aren’t showing up), that means the database queries aren’t executing right. Check back through this thread (if you have time) — there were a few solutions that worked for various people. Sorry I can’t dig in deeper there just now …

montom,

There is no way to see the subscriber names through NM — do you have the Database Manager plugin installed? If you do, you can look at the subscriber table in there and you’ll be able to see everyone.

walker,

I’m working on the next version; it will be compatible.

– Ben

#129 2006-08-17 00:23:46

montom

Thanks for the tip, Ben, I installed the Database Manager plugin and inserted a link from the subscriber list panel to the corresponding table. Works great!

#130 2006-08-22 14:47:07

uli

Hi Ben,

i’m experiencing similar problems as did two or three other users before: my prefs are empty when i open the prefs panel and i can’t send mail. The fun part of it is, when i use db_manager to check the content of txp_nl_table i can see the entries i made. (oh, loid experienced this, too, i suddenly understand her sentence.) txp is installed on a subdomain, yes. Can I do anything from my side? Btw, hacking the code as km_sameboy described above resulted in producing txp failure code about NL manager.
So far for this issue.

What I want to get of my chest is my gratitude for your work. I never thought it’d be such easy getting everything up and (well, hopefully ;) running. You’ve equipped NL manager with capabilities I haven’t dreamed of (automatic unsubscription, goodbye page, personalized letters, …) And you have documented it very well and understandably. I feel i don’t have to see everything and yet am capable of using it (if i only could!). Great work, Ben! And a big thank you!

Last edited by uli (2006-08-22 15:17:53)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#131 2006-09-03 20:16:11

jamiew
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Whew! I was having crazy problems with getting the HTML mail to actually display in different clients — it would just show the “this is a multi-part MIME message” message by default. Got it working OK now and wanted to share some handy tips (which should probably be incorporated into the next version)

1. the item in the last MIME boundary is the one that’s displayed by default in several clients, notably Mail.app — thus, you should include the MIME warning at the top of the mail, not the bottom
  2. <txp:bab_newsletter_end_mime /> outputs an empty MIME boundary, causing a blank message to get displayed by default. I removed it and it all still works fine, and the end tag is still there! Code could use a look.
  3. the link in <txp:bab_newsletter_unsubscribe_line /> is not HTML friendly. Modify the following code around line 1190 — be careful, this is a nasty duct tape hack that assumes you are using the default “Unsubscribe: $url” format for the link (in my case it is “don’t want to receive more updates? click here to unsubscribe: $url” so I just parse out the last chunk of the string… not so nice)

Replace your bab_newsletter_unsubscribe_line function with the following:
<code>
function bab_newsletter_unsubscribe_line($atts) { extract(lAtts(array( ‘html’ => 0, ), $atts)); global $unsubscribe_line; if (!$unsubscribe_line) { return; } else { if($html || $html == “yes”) { $parts = explode(’ ‘, $unsubscribe_line); $url = $parts[count($parts) – 1]; $mod = ‘Don\‘t want to receive updates? <a href=”’.$url.’”>Click here to unsubscribe</a>’; return $mod; } else { return $unsubscribe_line; } }
}
</code>

And then use <txp:bab_newsletter_unsubscribe_line html="1" />

Last edited by jamiew (2006-09-03 20:32:03)

Board footer