Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2006-02-20 17:35:15

takshaka
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] chh_keywords

The only special character is the comma, which is used to separate keywords — or keyword phrases as the case may be. Everything else should work as-is. “Romantic hideaways” and “Midi-Pyrénées” are perfectly acceptable.

#26 2006-02-20 17:47:24

shotoshi
Website

Excellent! Thanks.

I thought I’d have to join words with a + in order to recreate the space.

#27 2006-03-03 08:55:58

shotoshi
Website

Takshaka, just about to start implementing your plugin for my project and have some further questions, if that’s OK?

1. Say I didn’t want to necessarily use tag clouds but a list with the article count in parenthesis, would this be possible?

2. If it is possible then what impact would it have on the overall performance of TXP?

3. Is there any way to output lists as drop downs?

I’m asking these questions because I want to ‘consider’ moving away from using TXP’s categories, as they
are a real bind and your plugin offers more flexiblility.

I would love to see TXP do away completely with categories in preference to a del.icio.us style
format, and usability, of tagging.

Last edited by shotoshi (2006-03-03 08:56:13)

#28 2006-04-03 12:18:55

shotoshi
Website

Takshaka, I have tried contacting you a couple of times but no reply, I hope all is OK.

Anyway, I have implemented your plugin on my site and will rely on it instead of TXP’s native categories, mainly cos of the
nature of my content.

Upon my suggestion, you updated your plugin to accommodate a limit in display all keywords. I’ve implemented it to display 5
and it works fine but what I meant originally was to limit to the ‘most popular’ i.e. keywords with the most articles.

To achieve this, I guess it would have to calculate the amount of articles containing certain keywords and order them.

I wonder if it would be at all possible to commission you to update the plugin for this purpose? Personally, I think it would be a
useful feature.

#29 2006-04-03 22:58:03

shotoshi
Website

This is becoming a very lonely place ;-)

I’ve just implemented this plugin and was going great guns until I hit upon a baffling (for me)
problem and was wondering if anyone has had the same.

This is what I have in order to ouput a list of keywords called “country”:

<code>
<txp:chh_keywords_list_all field=“country” section=“countries” weightclass=“module_content” id=“sidebar_tags” break=”, “ sortdir=“asc”/>
</code>

<p>

I have a section set up called countries with the appropriate tag to generate the results but nothing appears in my sidebar where this form is placed.

However, when I remove section=“countries” the list appears in the sidebar. Am I doing something wrong?

Any advice would be deeply appreciated, thanks.

#30 2006-05-01 10:43:30

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to escape commas with a backslash, thus allowing them to appear as just another part of a keyphrase?

Also, is this plugin able to output keyword lists without turning the keywords into links?

Thanks in advance for the help.

#31 2006-05-27 08:11:48

shotoshi
Website

Sadly, this plugin doesn’t seem to be ‘supported’ very well although I suspect it doesn’t allow non-links.

I’m still waiting for some answers myself and I’m now considering abandoning this plugin for my site
as I’ve discovered that if you have a site with a lot of content, the results page when you click on a keyword
either give you unlimited results or you can limit them.

It doesn’t seem to allow for pagination of results. Say if you have 100 articles and you want to paginate
the results to 10 per page, you can’t! You either have to show all 100 on one page, or limit them. Pretty
useless really.

If anyone knows this plugin really well and can customise/hack it so that you can control the results,
so that it will work with ob1_googlenav then please let me know, as I’d like to hire you!

#32 2006-10-03 14:20:15

squaredeye
Website

Takshaka,

How difficult would it be to output the number of articles that use a specified keyword
in the <txp:chh_keywords_list_all /> tag? so that an output might look like this:

• dogs (2)
  • cats (5)
  • mice (15)
  • hoobajoobas (1)

the number describes the number of articles that use that keyword?

Thanks,

Matthew

#33 2006-10-03 15:11:26

ricetxp
Website

I’d be interested too.

Cheers

Ed

#34 2006-10-09 14:34:55

Kjeld
Website

Hi,

I notice that Coke seems to be taking a well-deserved break. Enjoy it, Coke! Or maybe you’re up to your head in work…

Thanks for this great plug-in. This is a function that should really be part of Textpattern, I feel. It is that important.

Unfortunately, since I updated to Textpattern 4.0.4, I am getting a whole bunch of error messages. They look like this:

<code>tag_error <txp:chh_keywords_articles section=”?” form=“default-directory” /> -> Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: section on line 582</code>
<br />

I noticed that people using chh_article_custom have run into the same problem, so it is probably a library issue.

Any plans for bug fixing, anybody?

Waiting with great expectations. :-)

Cheers,
Kjeld

Old Photos of Japan – Japan in the 1850s~1960s (100% txp)
MeijiShowa – Stock photos of Japan in the 1850s~1960s (100% txp)
JapaneseStreets.com – Japanese street fashion (mostly txp)

#35 2006-10-25 14:35:38

Maix
Website

Kjeld wrote:

Unfortunately, since I updated to Textpattern 4.0.4, I am getting a whole bunch of error messages. They look like this:
<code>tag_error <txp:chh_keywords_articles section=”?” form=“default-directory” /> -> Textpattern Notice: Unknown tag attribute: section on line 582</code>
<br />

I was testing chh_keywords. And i have the same situation to deal with. It would be wonderfull if some one have the time to fix it.

Greets

You can make it with Textpattern! And my english sucks very bad :-)

#36 2006-10-25 15:53:37

Maix
Website

After my previews post i found in the FAQ of TXP 4.04 an article about unknown_attribute message

When you set TxP in live mode the unknown_attribute messages wil not show up.

Last edited by Maix (2006-10-25 15:54:39)

You can make it with Textpattern! And my english sucks very bad :-)

Board footer