Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2008-05-22 22:14:46

alannie

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_article_edit - public site edit link

KI wrote:

How do I get copy editors to see it in 4.0.6?

I know this is a belated reply but I was having the same issue and just figured it out. In order for copy editors to see the Extensions tab, you must edit /textpattern/lib/admin_config.php and change this line:

'tab.extensions'              => '1,2',

to

'tab.extensions'              => '1,2,3',

#50 2008-05-23 20:20:11

WebKat

mrdale wrote:

Problem:
Users get confused about how to get back to the page they were on when they clicked the edit link. I know you can press the back button twice, but it’s a pain doing it for every article you edit.

Why not just tell them to click the “View” link next to the title after they’ve saved?

WebKat

#51 2009-09-25 14:52:31

pompilos
Website

Hello, wilshire.

I have got a problem with your plugin. In may site the link to “Edit this page” is only shown in Safari, but not in Explorer neither in Firefox, as you can see at the bottom of this page: Departamento de griego.

I think the problem is that the link generated by your plugin has the & entity instead of the simple & charater. Do you agree this can be the reason of the error? What can I do in order to make the link appear in Explorer and Firefox.

Thanks in advance.

#52 2009-09-25 21:21:16

uli

Hi José,

Wilshire hasn’t been around here for years.
BTW, we won’t see any article_edit links without a login to your site. That’s the intended behavior.

For some reason rss_article_edit stopped working on one of my sites and I had to think of another way to create an edit link. It’s based upon the presence of rvm_privileged. In case the ampersand really should be the reason you can edit my code.

The second block of code is from the same form, it’s what I use for editing article image caption/image alt/thumbnail, maybe it can be of use, too. I don’t have a link at hand for the necessary ras:if_article_image, but there’s been a recent article on TXPTips on how to do an if_article_image test with on-board tags.

<txp:rvm_if_privileged>
<a href="http://localhost/txpdemo.dev/textpattern/index.php?event=article&step=edit&ID=<txp:article_id />">edit article</a>
</txp:rvm_if_privileged>

<txp:ras_if_article_image> 
<txp:rvm_if_privileged> 
<a href="<txp:site_url />textpattern/index.php?event=image&amp;step=image_edit&amp;id=<txp:php>echo $thisarticle['article_image'];</txp:php>#image-replace">edit caption</a>
</txp:rvm_if_privileged>
</txp:ras_if_article_image>

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#53 2009-09-25 21:41:05

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

It’s unlikely that &amp; would be the cause since just & would be invalid html.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#54 2009-09-29 13:53:07

pompilos
Website

Hello, Uli and MattD. I don’t know what was exactly wrong, but I decided to use the simplest solution: <a href="/textpattern/index.php?event=article&step=edit&ID=<txp:article_id />">[Edit artícle]</a>. Now the link to Edit can be seen by everyone (this isn’t a problem at all) but, the most important, it works fine in Firefox and Explorer.

Thanks anyway. Bye.

#55 2009-09-29 15:00:36

uli

pompilos wrote:

Now the link to Edit can be seen by everyone (this isn’t a problem at all)

It’s an invitation to hack your site. Like an arrow pointing to the lock of your door. I’d avoid anything that reveals which CMS drives my site.

Why not use rvm_privilege? And if you really don’t want to have another plugin installed: at least camouflage the link: make it a picture (something like the default “divider.gif”), change the way the cursor looks while hovering the link via CSS, …

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#56 2009-09-29 15:34:23

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Maybe hide the links unless you enter the konami code

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#57 2009-09-29 15:51:56

uli

MattD wrote:

Maybe hide the links unless you enter the konami code

Cool, but thank god it’s customizable! Type “darneditlinksshowup”, and voila! :))

#58 2009-10-01 14:14:16

pompilos
Website

Hello, Uli. I have finally used the “rvm_privileged” plugin, as you suggested me. You are right, the simple link is an invitation to the hackers and, by the other side, the plugin is simple to use and works fine.

Matt, konami colde is pretty, but not very easy to use.

Thans to both of you. Bye.

#59 2009-10-06 02:54:58

nik.martin

uli wrote:

Hi José,

Wilshire hasn’t been around here for years.

What happened? I’ve followed the development of Textpattern since inception of Textile by Dean in 2000/1 or somewhere around that time and have seen several TXP developers just drop off the face of the earth, including Dean himself. Was there some type of developer exodus? Was is a mass burn-out? I used to wait with baited breath for a blog post by Dean, and now, we’re lucky if we see one a year, and an occasional Twitter post.

#60 2009-10-06 06:54:17

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

nik.martin wrote:

What happened? I’ve followed the development of Textpattern since inception of Textile by Dean in 2000/1 or somewhere around that time and have seen several TXP developers just drop off the face of the earth, including Dean himself. Was there some type of developer exodus? Was is a mass burn-out? I used to wait with baited breath for a blog post by Dean, and now, we’re lucky if we see one a year, and an occasional Twitter post.

In life people move on. Nobody is getting paid to do anything here. Sometimes family or other responsibilities take over. There are enough developers here and txp has moved on dramatically since its early days and plugins are released constantly. just because it is not the same people it doesn’t mean that txp is buning out. I’d like to see it as ‘renewing’ itself:)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

Board footer