Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Ta

#25 2006-01-03 20:10:23

eugene

Re: Ta

Mary…I hope you are following this thread.

Let me add my voice to the people saying that you will be missed, your contributions are important, and please come back at anytime.

#26 2006-01-03 23:35:37

Boogenstein

I’m sorry to see you go Mary, many a search has ended with your answer to someone else. You’ll be sadly missed.

“Keep a straight face and you’ll be laughing!”

#27 2006-01-04 00:32:13

Macubu
Website

Oh merda.
But why? I’m sorry to see you go.
What happened here, people? I just can sit here and wonder: what’s going on?

#28 2006-01-04 02:14:11

squaredeye
Website

Mary,
Hope you get some rest from your position. You’ve given a great deal. With all your gifts you’ve honored them with helping many folks, including, as you know, me. I think its pretty amazing to see all these folks vouch for you, it testifies to the help you’ve been here. If you return, many including me, will jump up giddily like a school girl! If this is your departure, like others, I wish you well, and know you’ll make waves.

Blessings,

Matthew

#29 2006-01-04 02:27:06

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

I didn’t want to go back and read the thread after I posted. I felt anything I’d say would be over-dramatic, which is one of my chief annoyances in life, so I wanted to say as little as possible, but it seems I still said a bit more than I meant to. A few people have emailed me, one of whom recommend that I should read the thread anyway. So, I have, and felt I should post just once more, and lay it all to rest.

It certainly appears a sudden move to some but it isn’t. There’s been no one-time, all encompassing incident to initiate it. It’s just not fun anymore, which was a major factor in my wanting to be a part of things. The other was increasing my knowledge and skills, which I still want and intend to do, but I also want to enjoy doing it. Textpattern isn’t a “cause”, nor is there anything wrong it, so I don’t particularly feel bad about it, I’m just ready to go on to something else.

I could have easily just “faded away”, but I thought it’d be more fair to say upfront my intentions, and more easily allow others the use of my work (as opposed to trying to track me down later), which some have come to depend upon. There are quite a lot of other developers around, so I’m sure the ones like img_popper will be picked up and enhanced by someone (in that instance, for example, Patrick shows interest in dusting it off). It’s GPL-d, so use it, mess around with it, make something new, ignore it completely, whatever you want. Who knows, someone might just come up with something really cool and useful.

There’s no justification for me to say more or wax eloquent, so I’ll just leave it at that. Thanks for the good wishes.

#30 2006-01-04 02:30:34

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

I read the bad news and I’m very surprised and sorry of your decision. But I admit that I was wondering how could you stay in your free-time and do all that brilliant, invaluable work: it was too good to be true!

I just want to say thanks to you for your plugins: they changed my mind about using TXP, letting me discover a great piece of software. I couldn’t do the same things without your job.

And you used to be a very disposable thinker, with humble and true spirit. I wish you good luck, I’m sure you’ll get what your talent deserves, anything you plan to do.

And if one day you’ll come back to the community, don’t feel as if you have to do too much. Take it easy, and have fun. :)

Z-

Last edited by Zanza (2006-01-04 02:31:46)

#31 2006-01-04 03:14:05

Andrew
Plugin Author

Sad to see you go, Mary.

#32 2006-01-04 04:21:31

maharis
Website

i just realised how lucky i was to have learnt TxP while u were here, as a x-MT user, i did a crash course reading all the useful stuffs here
to pick up TxP as fast as possible, which means i’ll usually skim thru pages n read posts made by the ones that matters, mostly yours!

its really sad that ur now gone from here…

Mary, thank you and best wishes in your next adventures! :)

#33 2006-01-04 20:20:20

druzli
Website

Thanks for everything Mary, best wishes. Your plugins made my life easyer many many times.

regards,

Agust

#34 2006-01-04 22:32:26

mrdale
Website

Ditto to everything said above.

Mary, your posts, plugins and even down to the documentation were the absolute best. I learned so much from you being a part of this community.

Thanks so much, and good luck with everything you do.

Cheers!

#35 2006-01-04 23:09:03

zero
Website

Best wishes for a happy and fulfilling future. If you are not a big success, there’s no justice.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#36 2006-01-05 15:11:55

els

Mary, thanks for your happy presence on these forums and for everything you taught us. Whatever it will be that provides it, do keep the fun in your life!

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Ta

Board footer