1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

#169 2006-02-02 12:12:46

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

And as “copysender” is an attribute which you use in the tag to set “yes” you have no need what-so-ever to mess with our lovely plug-in code so go back and change it to what it was ie. <code>‘send_article’=> ‘no’,</code> then add the attribute to the tag like so – <code><txp:zem_contact to=“XXXX@XXXX.com” copysender=“yes”></code>.

You might also consider reading the “Help” text where all this is explained to you in marvelous detail. ;)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#170 2006-02-02 22:47:49

Champak

Thanks to both of you, I’ve done everything both of you have said, but something is still not working right.

1/ I am unable to use the send to friend feature. I am getting “unable to send email” message.

2/ The layout of the form is not happening right, it looks like the following:
(email label)
(text area 1)(text area 1 label)
(text area 2)(text area 2 label)
(email text area)
(submit button)

Notice where the email(receiver) text area is to its label. How do I fix that?

Thanks

Last edited by Champak (2006-02-02 22:48:38)

#171 2006-02-03 09:25:25

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Here’s how my form looks over on my /test/ site:-

<code><p><txp:zem_contact_text label=“Your Name” size=“40” /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_email name=“receiver” label=“Friend’s Email Address” size=“40” /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_textarea label=“Extra Message” required=“no” /></p>
<p><txp:zem_contact_submit /></p></code>
<br />

The “textarea” isn’t necessary if you don’t want it, but is set to required=“no” in any case.

Stuart

#172 2006-02-03 16:11:38

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

And so to Version .14. Yes. I know. I’ve missed one out. ;) This latest version now splits the language file out into a separate plug-in. You will need both for it to work properly. This will allow people to “localise” the language file and not need to worry about it when the main plug-in needs updating unless new “text output” has been added. I will let you know if that happens. The information about “localisation” included in the previous release has now been moved to the new plug-in.

Apart from the added convenience mentioned above this will give extra flexibility for future development.

It occurs to me that we could have individual plug-ins for different languages though I feel maintaining a number of these would be a PITA however, if people would like to maintain them individually I would quite happily add the links into the main thread post here.

I also had a passing thought. If all plug-ins that had “text output” linked to a single language plug-in….. But it was just a passing thought. Forget I mentioned it. ;)

Last edited by thebombsite (2006-02-03 16:12:02)

Stuart

#173 2006-02-03 19:01:28

Champak

Thanks, it looks like it was the <code><p></code>‘s that were doing it. I would have never looked at something that simple, it doesn’t even make sense to me….but whatever.

But what about the “unable to send email” now?

Last edited by Champak (2006-02-03 19:02:04)

#174 2006-02-03 19:23:21

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Are you having this problem with both the “send to a friend” and the normal “contact” form? I suspect it is more likely to be a site problem than the plug-in. If you read the posts at the start of this thread you will see that 1beb was having what sounds like a similar problem.

Stuart

#175 2006-02-03 20:05:21

Champak

It is only with the “send to a friend” and the “mail()” function is on and working fine with another script that I have.

What else should I look at?
Why couldn’t this be set up with SMTP? If this can’t be resolved can you look into that for the next version?

#176 2006-02-03 20:52:47

els

This latest version now splits the language file out into a separate plug-in.

Thank you!!

#177 2006-02-03 21:47:58

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

No problem Els. :)

So are you going to supply the Dutch version then, and a French one from Jeremie, a German one from Alexandra, a Finnish one from p and the list goes ever onwards? ;)

Stuart

#178 2006-02-03 22:25:20

els

Of course I’d supply it, if you’re really planning to do that. It’s just that I think that it’s not very difficult to adjust the text in the plugin code (only a lot of work if you have to do it for some five sites after every upgrade), so maybe there is no need for separate language versions. But you just ask and I’ll send you a Dutch version ;)

#179 2006-02-04 01:30:36

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Well it was just an idea but as you say it’s not difficult to maintain your own individual file now. I wouldn’t maintain the translations myself anyway. I have enough to take care of. I would need people to do the translations and keep the download on their own sites. I would simply link to them from here so don’t worry about it. Let’s wait and see if anyone shouts for this stuff.

I actually think that my passing thought was the BIG idea. I don’t think that will happen either. ;)

Last edited by thebombsite (2006-02-05 13:52:05)

Stuart

#180 2006-02-04 13:26:30

els

If all plug-ins that had “text output” linked to a single language plug-in…

I’m not sure I understood your passing thought. Were you saying that there would be a tag or attribute that would tell which language plugin to link to? So that you could use different language plugins for different contact forms?

1. Index
  2. » Archives
  3. » Plug-in: zem_contact_reborn

Board footer