Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2006-05-02 19:34:40

soulship
Website

Re: wet_thumbfilter: Renders article thumbs matching various criteria

I don’t see anything about this anywhere, but it doesn’t hurt to ask eh?

Is there any way to hack this a little to get a coma seperated section list? Currently the only thing I can find to take a coma seperated list of sections is chh_article_custom. So I tried to use image excerpts and then generate a little side column with images as excerpt with a permalink to the full listing, but this looks more like what I need. I need to exclude 1 particular section (blog) though….any ideas on a work around?

Thanks!
Jamie

#26 2006-05-02 19:42:36

squaredeye
Website

Jamie,

Would it be awkward to place the plugin within an if_section, or if_article_section tag? I know sometimes that’s not what I’m look for.

?

#27 2006-05-02 20:42:36

soulship
Website

I have so many conditionals going, I am not sure if I can keep up. What would be really nifty is an “txp:if_not_section” tag. right now the problem I am having is that the template and plug in calls are in conditionals, but the plug in still calls from all section. I am trying to call all articles in all sections but one and display their article image (or excerpt that is an image) with a permalink to the full listing. I have some category crossover between sections so I can’t call them by category. I have to be able to restrict the section. I think what I will try right now and see what happens is just use the plug in 9 times right on top of each other and see if I can jury rig what I need for now. See my post here and maybe what I am describing/looking for will be more clear. Because it is not so easy to explain.

#28 2006-05-03 04:18:22

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

soulship wrote:

Is there any way to hack this a little to get a coma seperated section list?

If I am not completely misinterpreting your request, your wishes are already fulfilled. From wet_thumbfilter’s documentation page:

attribute description default
category Category filter, comma separated list Empty
section Section filter, comma separated list Empty

This is included since v0.4:

bq..
2006-01-01 0.4 Supports comma separated lists of multiple sections, categories and article images

HTH,

//w&

Last edited by wet (2006-05-03 04:19:28)

#29 2006-05-05 19:52:49

soulship
Website

v0.4! DOH!

wet_thumbfilter Robert Wetzlmayr 0.2 Displays the thumbnail for one article’s image meeting various filter criteria with an optional link to the article. yes edit help

That may explain some things, it seems I have been using a copy from December that was installed and not used until now.

Sorry for polluting your thread with chatter :)

#30 2006-05-12 17:29:56

shanghai

the sortdir random (sortdir=“rand()”) doesn’t seem to be working, no output given at all when used.

#31 2006-05-12 17:43:00

shanghai

just read an earlier post, the attribute sortby works with rand(), but sortdir does not!

thanks for a great plugin!

#32 2006-08-21 00:33:46

deronsizemore

Okay, this plugin seems great but I cannot figure out for the life of me how to use it.
<br />
Anyway, I’ve got an article where I’ve got an article image called into the article using <code><txp:article_image /></code> which can be seen on this page: <a href=“http://www.kentuckygolfing.com/courses”>http://www.kentuckygolfing.com/courses</a>
<br />
I then have a section on my site where I’m going to have 4 thumbnails of the most recent article images added. I’m using this code to call those article images:
<br />
<code>
<txp:wet_thumbfilter section=“courses” limit=“4” wraptag=“ul” break=“li” />
</code>
<br />
Where you can see on my homepage, <a href=“http://www.kentuckygolfing.com”>http://www.kentuckygolfing.com</a> in the middle section, there is nothing showing up under “recent pictures.”
<br />
Can you see where I’m going wrong with this? I can’t see where the problem lies, because it looks to me like I’ve done everything as specified.
<br />
Thanks

#33 2006-08-21 16:07:22

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

The tag is used perfectly right. Have you added numerical image ids to the articles in question?

Basically, the plugin will render something in almost any case. Is it definitely activated?

Last edited by wet (2006-08-21 16:10:54)

#34 2006-08-21 17:12:39

deronsizemore

Yes, the plugin is definitely active.

No, I’ve not added a numerical image id to the articles in question. How do I do that? I don’t see any documentation on how to do that or why it needs to be done for the plugin to work.

#35 2006-08-21 17:17:22

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

What is the content of the “article image” (content > write > Advanced options > Article image) field?

#36 2006-08-21 17:51:07

deronsizemore

Ok, when I go to Content>Write>Advanced Options and then in the article image field there is nothing, just blank.

But if I go to that actual article with the image in it, by going to Content>Articles>Article Name>Advanced Options and then in the article image field I have “/images/oldsilo.jpg” which is the location of that image placed in the article.

Board footer