Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Re: mem_moderation - Generic Moderation

Your post gave me an insight.
First of all, that’s the url that comes in my installation:

http://mysite.com/index.php?event=moderate& # 38; step=preinstall

(without the spaces)

You may notice that there is a numeric entity in the url, that maybe shouldn’t be there.
Anyway, I corrected the url to have only the &:

http://mysite.com/index.php?event=moderate&step=preinstall

That didn’t work. But this worked:

http://mysite.com/textpattern/index.php?event=moderate&step=preinstall

I had to add the ‘textpattern’ directory to the path. Then the table installed, even if with a warning message. So it seems like this is a bug in this version of plugin.
I don’t know if the moderation works, as I didn’t try yet. I’ll let you know.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Z-

Last edited by Zanza (2007-03-29 18:56:39)

#62 2007-03-30 11:47:31

feragnoli

oh yes! sorry, I gave you , indeed, the wrong tip. I meant exactly what you have found out yourself.
Indeed the plugin fails to load the page from inside the textpattern administration area.
The moderation should work, with me it gave some errors in the moderate list, I posted about that earlier.

I myself have some trouble with the mem_moderation_image since I want users to be able to upload images directly wrapped in the article. That plugin fails to register the moderation tab, apparently. I’m trying to figure out why…

ps
by the way… are you italian?

what was that again…?

#63 2007-03-30 13:56:26

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Some error message always appare to me too in the admin area, but I hope anyway that the plugin works, even if it’s not perfect. I still have to put some time on the plugin, I hope to do it in the w/e. I’ll report here any problem.

Z-

PS: Yes, I’m from Italy. What about you? :)

MB

#64 2007-03-30 14:10:56

feragnoli

Ah, si anch’io… but I guess we’ll stick to english in the forum ;).
Did you ever try the mem_moderation_image part?

what was that again…?

#65 2007-03-30 15:08:51

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Yes, we’d better go for english. :)

No, I never tried the mem_moderation_image part because I never managed to have the plugin working. Now I will try and let you know. Thank you and bye!

Z-

#66 2007-04-02 15:31:45

feragnoli

ok, I’ve found some info about these plugins:

I made two modified version for download: mem_moderation_article v.0.4.5a and mem_moderation_image v.0.4.4a

They seem to work fine. Inside mem_moderation_image I put in the help what I found out so far.
Here is some of it:

The plugin uses the tag <txp:modimg_form />

Unlike mod_article_image, this pluign will not create ready-made forms to be used. It will, though, expect a form to use.

You can specify the form using the attributes <txp:modimg_form /> accepts.

The attributes are:
  • isize: I guess it’s for the image input field.
  • form: The form to use which contains the data users can supply (scroll down for info about what to put in the form).
    *successform: The form which confirms succesful upload.

Now, you have to create the ‘form’ and the ‘succesform’ yourself.
They have to be just of the ‘misc’ kind (not article, link, comment or file).

Inside the ‘form’ the plugin allows a number of tags. These tags allow public-side versions of fields in both the ‘write’ tab and in the ‘image > edit’ tab. This means they allow you to write an article from the front-end, categorize it and whatever else you do with it in the write tab plus upload an image with it and provide description for it.

Note: All the data supplied this way will end up in an article in the moderation list under the ‘extensions’ tab. If you look for articles and images uploaded this way, you’ll find them there waiting for you to like them.

Image TAGS:
  • modimg_file_input: will output an input field
  • modimg_title_input: input field for the image title (should inherit the ‘isize’ specified in modimg_form)
  • modimg_caption_input: will output a textarea 40 cols by 7 rows for the caption. By default this text will be used as ‘body’ for the article
  • modimg_note_input: outputs a textarea similar to the one of the caption
  • modimg_author_input: input field for the (image?) author, will inherit ‘isize’
Article TAGS:
  • modimg_article_author: input field for the article author this will not automatically become the user who submitted the article! )
  • modimg_article_category1: popup of available article categories
  • modimg_article_category2: idem
  • modimg_article_title: input for the article title, , will inherit ‘isize’
  • modimg_article_keywords: output text area for the keywords
  • modimg_submit: outputs the submit button

Now, the way the successform works is still a little unclear (how to output errors and if there’s any check upon wrong file upload etc.). It is unclear how to set maximum size and filetype for the image, for instance. Also, it seems like anybody is allowed to upload, I didn’t figure the privileges restrictions yet.
Part of the data you can provide for the article is missing too and I didn’t check if you could use a hybrid form which includes mem_moderation_article and mem_moderation_image (I don’t think so, cuz they seems to present themselves as two different kind of things at this line: register_moderation_type('image',$image_vars,'image_presenter','image_approver','image_rejecter'); )

That’s for now.

Last edited by feragnoli (2007-04-02 18:39:49)

what was that again…?

#67 2007-05-08 12:19:09

frippz
Website

What about <txp:mod_submit />? Right now, Textpattern complains about an unknown tag.

tag_error <txp:mod_submit/> -> Textpattern Warning: unknown_tag: mod_submit on line 968

It is included with the installed form mod_article_form, yet it is not referred to anywhere.

Last edited by frippz (2007-05-08 12:19:45)

//Fredrik Frodlund

frippz.se | Adjust.nu

#68 2007-05-08 13:44:45

feragnoli

if you mean mod_submit with mod_article_image, the right tag should be: <txp:modimg_submit />.

what was that again…?

#69 2007-05-08 13:49:57

frippz
Website

No, I mean mod_submit with mod_article_form. As I said, when I installed the plugin and ran the install wizard, a form was created (mod_article_form) that had mod_submit in it. Yet Textpattern says it is an unknown tag.

I’m a little lost now… =/

//Fredrik Frodlund

frippz.se | Adjust.nu

#70 2007-05-08 19:45:04

Manfre
Plugin Author
Website

I will look in to these issues. Just getting back in to the swing of things and have resubscribed to the post in addition to tagging with del.icio.us

#71 2007-05-09 00:08:08

moslib

@feragnoli – some of the reasons for plugin options may become clearer if you have a look at this site – Manfre did a lot of work for us in configuring the plugins to meet our particular requirements

also, our intention was always to assist with documentation – but we haven’t matched that with action yet! Manfre is making some minor updates at the moment, perhaps he can suggest where he thinks community-driven documentation for this is best hosted … and we will contribute

#72 2007-05-09 06:12:59

frippz
Website

Sounds great Manfre. Looking forward to it. =)

//Fredrik Frodlund

frippz.se | Adjust.nu

Board footer