Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2005-09-24 12:41:02

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] jmc_event_manager

do a fresh intall with the plugin (I altered it) and end time should work…

BE + MEngSc = engineer with a side dish of frustrated designer/developer with a penchant for photography outside

#26 2005-09-24 12:52:45

els

Yep. Thank you!

#27 2005-09-27 17:35:07

Niconemo

I’m testing too… it looks like a great plugin.

Just a question first :

I’m testing with an event wich began yesterday and will end in a few days.
The event is considered by th plugin as a past event… Is it possible to consider it (logically ;) ) as a future event ? A non past event, at least.

Another question will be about translating the backend buttons and field titles. But I’m not in a hurry at all (it’s only a test) and I have to go and see in the plugin code before ;)

Last edited by Niconemo (2005-09-27 17:35:57)

Nico

#28 2005-09-28 02:31:13

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

hehehe – cheers mate…

Yeah – I originally didn’t really envisage this as a long term event organiser BUT I can see its uses, so am considering altering slightly the coding for the events so that there is a ‘current’ option.

Backend buttons currently only in english (my only language) – but am welcome for people to alter it and send back in with updates for other languages similar to TXP itself.

BE + MEngSc = engineer with a side dish of frustrated designer/developer with a penchant for photography outside

#29 2005-09-28 05:34:06

Niconemo

> jufemaiz wrote:
>so am considering altering slightly the coding for the events so that there is a ‘current’ option.

Very good idea !

> Backend buttons currently only in english (my only language) – but am welcome for people to alter it and send back in with updates for other languages similar to TXP itself.

Of course I was not demanding you to know all the languages ;) . If I’m able to do that myself, I’ll do. Otherwise I’ll see with the french community. In both cases you’ll be aware of it of course. Thank you for sharing. :)

Nico

#30 2005-09-28 06:42:42

creativesplash
Website

Works very nicely! Only one tiny problem. I get the following error when I edit a Venue (But I’m still able to edit it successfully)…

<blockquote>
Notice: Undefined variable: row in /DISK3/WWW/naamasankeerthana.com/www/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 530

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /DISK3/WWW/naamasankeerthana.com/www/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(429) : eval()’d code on line 530
</blockquote>

But it all works in the end.

A thought passed my mind while I was using this plugin. I’m sure this plugin can be used to display products like CD-ROM’s and DVD’s. The only option which is missing is providing an input for images (and ofcourse a tag for displaying it). You could use an event for displying an album and a venue for displaying its genre. This will also come very handy to those who want to just display products. What do you think of this idea?

“Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere.”

— Albert Einstein

#31 2005-09-28 06:48:52

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

sounds like a great secondary use… and if you look at the setup of the venue database i’ve got an option for images (as yet unimplemented) that I may expand to the events too…

I’ll have a look into the problem you’ve mentioned…

If you’re using it anywhere I’d love to see it in action too ;) (can put on the front page so others have an idea of what it can be used for)…

cheers,
‘ju

#32 2005-09-28 08:27:56

Niconemo

I decided to test in-vivo for an organisation
It’s a very basic agenda for the moment (right column) displaying any important date in the org’s life

About the translation : it’s very easy, no problem to make a public translation for you when you decide it is time. :)
Or maybe a simple “How to” would be enough so every one can have a personnal translation (or version, seing the post of creatingsplash).

Last edited by Niconemo (2005-09-28 08:28:32)

Nico

#33 2005-10-05 13:16:33

chrisrhee
Website

I’m trying out this plugin and I’m getting the same error that creativesplash is getting when trying to edit a venue: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

But it looks like I can edit the venue fine. That error just shows up on the edit page.

#34 2005-10-05 13:19:20

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

screenshot?

edit: will be fixed in next version, cheers…

Last edited by jufemaiz (2005-10-05 13:52:57)

#35 2005-10-06 21:01:08

jeeves

Can anyone tell me if the text this plugin generates gets included in Text pattern’s RSS output? I’m looking for a way of having one Events List which is simultaneously published on several websites (via rss).

#36 2005-10-07 01:42:01

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Not as of yet, and I’m not sure it can without a hack (as opposed to a plugin). I’ve been thinking about making an RSS output for it – but am unsure of the methodology required within textpattern to achieve this (I know RSS syntax, just not the where + how textpattern plays with its feeds). It’s definitely something I want too (rss feeds are great, have a bunch in thunderbird that i use as my feed aggregator). If anyone can give me some ideas as to implementation, I can get it up and running (may end up being a separate section, though that doesn’t feel too modular)…

Board footer