Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#181 2007-02-20 10:50:35

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] jmc_event_manager

@visualpeople: fixed in the current two-part release.

BE + MEngSc = engineer with a side dish of frustrated designer/developer with a penchant for photography outside

#182 2007-02-24 13:39:55

ande

visualpeople schrieb:

Joel —

I couldn’t tell from your above post, have you figured out where the Venue Manager SQL error is coming from?

I thought about trying to find it, but if you already had figured out a solution, I thought I wouldn’t waste my time.

Thanks for a great plugin!

-Ryan

Ryan -

the SQL errors in 0.2 came because the plugin wanted to access some txp_images table – which is not there in the standard installation. If you have some PHP knowledge, it’s easy to find an cancel in the sourcecode…

#183 2007-03-22 21:49:41

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hi Joel,

can you please post the download link to the split-plugin version? I can’t find it anywhere, but I’d like to give it a test-drive now. The old version (0.2) also has a nasty bug which doesn’t let me delete entries, so I’m kinda forced to upgrade unless I want to kill the db records manually. ;)

With all the cool new stuff you’ve added, it’s certainly worth a try.

Thanks!

#184 2007-03-23 08:05:37

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

BE + MEngSc = engineer with a side dish of frustrated designer/developer with a penchant for photography outside

#185 2007-03-23 09:24:02

nighthawk
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hmmm… it reads “# jmc_event_manager v0.2beta” in the source code, and it’s just one txt file – I thought you had split it into two parts? Sure this is the right URL?

Last edited by nighthawk (2007-03-23 09:24:15)

#186 2007-03-30 14:16:54

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

nighthawk wrote:

Hmmm… it reads “# jmc_event_manager v0.2beta” in the source code, and it’s just one txt file – I thought you had split it into two parts? Sure this is the right URL?

sorry – fixed. Swore I did it when i updated things… Too many locations ><

#187 2007-04-13 19:36:34

pieman
Website

Joel… as requested, here’s Ollie’s hacked version of your plugin
It’s possible that he did something with the DB tables too – I’m really not sure about that…. I’ll ask him to mail you when I hear from him.

#188 2007-05-13 06:41:27

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

did a post disappear here?

#189 2007-06-28 08:48:48

ishmael
Website

Hiya,
Excellent plugin – i’m using it to keep a list of upcoming rugby matches on our site draggedup.co.uk and it works really well.
got a quick question – i want to make the venue appear as a link to the venue url, and i reckon i’m being a bit thick. Here is my event form:

<txp:jmc_event_name /> at <txp:jmc_venue_name /> on <txp:jmc_event_time php_date=“l, jS \of F, G:i”/>

and here is the code that calls it:

<h3>Next Match:</h3>
<txp:jmc_events form=“NextMatch” future=“1” limit=“1” />

i’ve tried putting <txp:jmc_venue_name /> in quotes, followed by a colon and <txp:jmc_venue_url />, and strangely enough it doesn’t work. if anyone has a minute i’d be grateful if you could tell me why i’m being stupid.

#190 2007-07-04 19:39:45

davebias
Website

Hi Joel,

I build websites for musicians for a living. And although TXP isn’t the best in the world for handling shows for these artsts (“out of the box”), I’ve managed just fine because TXP is so fantastic in other ways.

However, recent developments have me casting about in an effort to find just exactly what you’ve built – an event manager.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience at my email address (me@davebias.org) to discuss how to take this plugin to 1.0. Or at least 0.9…

Dave Bias

#191 2007-07-18 01:01:37

jufemaiz
Archived Plugin Author
Website

ishmael wrote:

Hiya,
Excellent plugin – i’m using it to keep a list of upcoming rugby matches on our site draggedup.co.uk and it works really well.
got a quick question – i want to make the venue appear as a link to the venue url, and i reckon i’m being a bit thick. Here is my event form:
<txp:jmc_event_name /> at <txp:jmc_venue_name /> on <txp:jmc_event_time php_date=“l, jS \of F, G:i”/>
i’ve tried putting <txp:jmc_venue_name /> in quotes, followed by a colon and <txp:jmc_venue_url />, and strangely enough it doesn’t work. if anyone has a minute i’d be grateful if you could tell me why i’m being stupid.

Try this:

<a class="url" href="<txp:jmc_venue_url />"><txp:jmc_venue_name /></a>

#192 2007-07-18 08:46:46

ishmael
Website

jufemaiz wrote:

ishmael wrote:

Hiya,

Try this:

<a class="url" href="<txp:jmc_venue_url />"><txp:jmc_venue_name /></a>

of course. how dull of me. thanks for this.

Board footer