Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2005-09-15 09:04:39

rossharvey
Website

Re: [archived] gbp_faux_static - uri forwarding.

This looks extremely useful. Always wanted /section/cat/title, will give this a whirl :¬)

Thanks.

#26 2005-09-15 09:16:49

jonhicks
Website

Could this be used to support older /section/id/title links, as well as my default section/title/ links, in the way that url_handler did?

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

#27 2005-09-15 19:10:14

Michael
Website

This plugin seems really to be what I need.

I moved from Blogger to TXP and I was missing the Blogger-style url-scheme (year/month/title.html) – now this is possible. Complicated, but possible.

But now, when I type in the new handled scheme, nothing happens, I always land on my main site…

Update: Found the error. This regexp-thing is really difficult for stupid guys like me… (Maybe you could use the Blogger url-scheme in your tutorial on how to use this plugin?)

Last edited by Michael (2005-09-15 19:21:55)

#28 2005-09-15 19:27:32

jonhicks
Website

Michael, don’t forget you can specify /year/month/day/title urls through TXP preferences.

Cheers,
Jon VC#9

#29 2005-09-16 02:24:03

chrisrhee
Website

I’m having some problems.

I have a section called /audio-archive/ which uses rss_suparchive to output a list of articles in the section “audio”. I used this plugin to create the URI “/audio/archive/”.

When I go to /audio-archive/ rss_suparchive works and ouputs a list of articles. When I go to /audio/archive/ the plugin only outputs the “DL” tags and that’s it. No DT, no DD. Just the DL. Everything else on the page works, except that one plugin and only when I go to the page with the URL created by this plugin. Any idea why?

#30 2005-09-16 02:48:47

Michael
Website

> jonhicks wrote:

> Michael, don’t forget you can specify /year/month/day/title urls through TXP preferences.

Thanks, Jon, but I need /year/month/title.html! (No day!)

#31 2005-09-16 04:22:31

Michael
Website

Next Problem: Never be too happy too early.

How can I change the comment-invitation to follow the same url-scheme? (I need sitename.com/year/month/title.html#comments)

(…)

#32 2005-09-16 09:22:48

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

doggiez, to get /section/title requests forwarding to /category/title you need to have another rule to accept the new request, something like this:
  • URI: %^\/(?#category)\/(?#title)$%
  • Select ‘artikel’ in the section popup (Note: I earlier said that if you use meta patterns there is no need to change the popups – above you aren’t using the section meta pattern so this is fine.)
  • Permanent Link Format: /(?#category)/(?#title)

As for using category2 instead of category1, sure I can make this an option. It’s rather hectic here at the moment but I’ll be sure get this in the next release which is due middle of next week.

Yes the problem of <txp:page_title /> is outside of the plugin but I plan to add alternative tags to get thing working as expected.

Cheers.

#33 2005-09-16 09:27:20

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

> jonhicks wrote:
> Could this be used to support older /section/id/title links, as well as my default section/title/ links, in the way that url_handler did?

Jon,
This regexp should give you /section/id/title links: %^\/(?#section)\/(?#id)\/(?#title)$% and not interfere with the default urls types which you have specified in the textpattern preferences.

#34 2005-09-16 09:32:39

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

> Michael wrote:
> Update: Found the error. This regexp-thing is really difficult for stupid guys like me… (Maybe you could use the Blogger url-scheme in your tutorial on how to use this plugin?)

Yes I will definitely look into the Blogger url-scheme. Thanks for the suggestion.

Better documentation might be a better way to start.

#35 2005-09-16 09:40:05

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

chrisrhee wrote:
When I go to /audio-archive/ rss_suparchive works and ouputs a list of articles. When I go to /audio/archive/ the plugin only outputs the “DL” tags and that’s it. No DT, no DD. Just the DL. Everything else on the page works, except that one plugin and only when I go to the page with the URL created by this plugin. Any idea why?

chrisrhee,
I have no idea why. I shall take a look at how rss_suparchive works. I thought gbp_faux_static re-defines the global textpattern variables which I imagine rss_suparchive uses as well so everything should in theory work well together.

I’ll get back to you on this one.

#36 2005-09-16 09:45:38

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

Michael wrote:
Next Problem: Never be too happy too early.
How can I change the comment-invitation to follow the same url-scheme? (I need sitename.com/year/month/title.html#comments)

Michael,
I plan to add an alternative tag for <txp:comments_invite /> to get the urls following the same url-scheme.

Board footer